Rainbow Mountain In Cusco, Peru Trek 1 Day
Rainbow Mountain Cusco
Spend a full day hike following deserted highland paths through alpaca and llama herds to this breathtaking Rainbow Mountain Cusco, perched high above the Vilcanota Range with an expert private guide, and escorted by a horse to load the personal gears, water or snacks.
Peru’s incredible natural and man-made wonders offer travelers unparalleled adventure and unforgettable moments of emotion. Explore the dramatic, colored hills (Rainbow Mountain Cusco), snow-capped peaks, valleys of the Andes in the Vilcanota Range as you make your journey. This famous hills are also known as Vinicunca mountain, beckons curious travelers with its astounding natural feature, remarkable wildlife, and local poeple. Venture from the modern Peruvian city Cusco to the heart of Vilcanota Range, discovering the remote quaint villages, llama, alpaca herds, and the stunning Rainbow Mountain, Cusco’s hot-star attraction. Take a rest while hiking in order to admire the striking view of Ausangate mountain ( the highest peak in Cusco region) considered “Apu” (holy mountain or mountain spirit) by local Peruvians and is the deity of Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues today. Your private guide will take you through the magical of this mountains and reveal the history and legend behind this colored hills. Join us!
DATES, GROUP SIZE AND FEES
We offer everyday departures with a minimum of 2 people. Prices are per person, which are based on two people who might share a room / tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services; however, you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
- 1 day hike: USD 150 per person.
- 2 days hike: USD 350 per person
- 3 days hike: USD 450 per person
Request your itinerary here
Demanding, Strenuous – high altitude hikes – accessible to most healthy traveller – depending on your fitness level.
EXTENSION TRIPS: Yes, you can do this same trek in 2 days, and with more activity inclusions in 3 days, hiking leisurely, with camping at nights on the way. And you can extend your trek, with Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain, Ausangate Trek to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, and Sacred Valley, or you can extend your trip with any tour from our great list we offer.
We can customize this private tour just for you. Any element can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and destinations. Call us at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote.
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Rainbow Mountain Cusco. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Today the adventure takes to the Rainbow Mountain Cusco, We will start very early in the dawn in our private transport, with private guide, chef. We will head out through the South Valley passing very quaint Andean towns to trailhead Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft), upon our arrival we’ll have our nutritious breakfast.
We will then start hiking through the trail that winds up, following a lovely stream, with herds of llamas and alpacas along with a private guide. Along the trail we’ll enjoy amazing views of the highest mountain in Cusco region, Ausangate Mountain (20,936 ft), and will marvel at traditionally-dressed women and the colorful textiles they spin before your eyes. Using the wool of alpacas, and llamas, the women create patterns using natural dyes that have existed in the Andes since the time of the Inca. In addition to the textiles, visitors have the chance to interact with local inhabitants, learning words in Quechua language.
After 4-hour hiking or more, we will embrace this great natural formation of Rainbow Mountain Cusco (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). Our knowledgeable private guide leads us through the side of hills, recapping,and explaining the current theories regarding the purpose and significance of the colored hills, and we will take our time to shoot amazing photos, while enjoying a hot well-deserved Coca tea.
Once we had enough time at this stunning place, we’ll walk for about one hour to get our Picnic lunch spot, a delicious just prepared meals await for us in our roomy dining tents with chairs, table. After enjoying our lunch, we will continue back to trailhead to take our private transport to Cusco. All meals included.
Hiking Time: 8-9 hours
Hiking Distance: 15 km / 9.32 miles
Lowest Elevation: 4,326 m / 14,189 ft
Highest Elevation: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft
Trekking Surface: Dirt trail, rocky, muddy, slippery
Weather: Unpredictable, Some days could be sunny with blue sky, while other days foggy, rainy, snowy. Be prepared!
Tour Guide: Friendly, funny, knowledgeable. A professional Peru Summit Tour Guides with a deep knowledge of the destination and a focus on customer service makes all the difference. Our leaders are experts in Inca history, nature, wildlife, cuisine, local language, emergency life safe procedures, with a profound connection to Peru’s fascinating traditional culture. They take care of all the details so that you can savor the experiences of the trip. Our Tour Guides have the warmth, endless energy, and that special “it” factor that transforms a trip into an unforgettable journey.
Meal: Picnic–Our food is amazing, comes with starters, main course, desserts, hot drinks, and with options for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose, free, etc, in a roomy dining tent with chairs, table. All prepared by our Quechua Chef.
Toilet: At some points on the trail, there are squat toilets for PEN 1.00 ( 1 Sol), At our lunch spot, we have our own private chemical toilet.
– Round trip private transport.
– Picnic Lunch.
– Dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
– Entrance tickets to the park.
– Tour Guide in English
– A professional Quechua chef.
– An emergency horse, that goes with us (feel free to ride or load your gears on)
– Oxygen tank.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
– Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot Springs.
– Tipping for guides, porters or muleteers, and other staff.
– Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
– Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
– Travel insurance (and some copies).
– Backpack to carry your things.
– Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
– Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us).
– Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
– Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
– Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
– Sunblock and sunglasses.
– Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
– Hiking trousers.
– Thermal underwear.
– Hiking socks.
– Ear Plugs.
– Water bottle or canteen.
– American dollars and peruvian soles in cash (little coins for toilet).
– Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime.
– Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
– Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
– Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).