Huaraz Tours–the restless capital of this Andean adventure kingdom and its rooftops command exhaustive panoramas of the city’s dominion: one of the most impressive mountain ranges in the world. Nearly wiped out by the earthquake of 1970 so the town itself was hastily reconstructed after the devastating 1970 earthquake. A single street, Jirón José Olaya (to the right of Raymondi), gives a hint of what Huaraz looked like before it came crumbling down.
Dip into the thermal baths Baños Termales de Monterrey. A series of small wells and two large pools has mineral-rich waters that make the water look dark brown and rather unappealing. Admire the Pastoruri’s mountain beauty, and the other rugged mountains, glistening lochs, breathtaking vistas.
Group Size: ( minimum 02 people or couple) prices are per person, which are based on two people or couples who might share a hotel room and transportation. The itinerary is described and based on personalized service.
Service Level: Upgraded
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
EASIEST: Non-camping journeys, optional walks, little elevation gain or loss.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Price: From US$ 700/ 5 Days
- DAY 1, CITY TOUR – HOT SPRINGS OF MONTERREY
We go to the hotel in Huaraz to pick you up, then to start the excursión in the city, during the excursion we visit the regional museum of Ancash that is considered the biggest lithic museum in southamerica, next we visit the church of the Lord of Soledad the patron of the Huaraz city, subsequently we go walking to the typical street of Jose Olaya which was not affected by, the earthquake of 1970, because of this street we can relized that how would have been the streets in Huaraz before the earthquake, after exploring the street we drive to the viewpoint of Pinar from this point we have awesome views of the Huaraz city so we take our personal pictures of the city. To finish the tour we drive to the hot springs of Monterrey, located 7-km away of the city; in which, we enjoy the temperated pools. Eventually we drive back to the hotel in Huaraz.
DAY 2, CALLEJON DE HUAYLAZ – LLANGANUCO LAGOON
We go to your hotel in Huaraz to pick you up in the morning, we drive to Callejon de Huaylas where we visit the towns with singular beauty such as Marcara, Carhuaz, Mancos, Ranrahirca, and Yungay, in the afternoon we visit the Llanganuco lake which is located in the Huascaran National Park, after exploring this lake we drive to Caraz City where we can taste the yummy manjar blanco or dulce de leche (made by boiling down milk and sugar), then we drive back to the hotel in Huaraz city.
DAY 3, CHAVIN DE HUANTAR
- After breakfast which is organizad at the hotel, we leave to archaeological site of Chavin de Huantar where we see the monolithic rock that represents a divinity, human heads made of rock which are sticking out from the walls, ceremonial plazas, main doorways, stayrways that interconnect important dwellings. Then we visit the mining towns, and the Querococha lagoon. As well as we visit the tunnel of Cahuish that traverses the Cordillera Blanca, converging the Callejon de Huaylas with Callejon the Conchucos. After that we drive back to the hotel in Huaraz.
DAY 4, PASTORURI SNOW PEAK
- After breakfast which is organizad at the hotel in Huaraz, we leave to Pastoruri Mt, along the way we stop at some highland rural towns to admire their beauty, we visit the San Patricio’s crack, Patococha lagoon where just close by we see the Puya Raimondi which is one of the most exponent plant among the highland flora, after that we visit the gasified water fountain of Puma Pampa, the spring of Pumashamin of different colors, then we visit the cavepaintings, subsequently we have a short walking to the Majestic Pastoruri snowpeak, where we see the crevasses, natural glacier formation, eventually we drive back to the hotel in Huaraz.
DAY 5, ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE OF HONCOPAMPA
- After breakfast that is organizad at the hotel, we drive to the archaeological site of Honcopampa, which got the architectural influence from the Wari culture (a.d 600 – 900). At this archaeological site we see rectangular with central patio enclosures and dwellings, and necrópolis of chullpas or mausoleums with two floors, the biggest one has six doorways and twenty small rooms on the first floor. After that, we drive back to the hotel in Huaraz, on the way we have a couple of stops to enjoy gorgeous scenic views.
PERU SUMMIT INCLUDES
- Private transportation for the excursion.
- Private tour guide.
- Entrance fee to Chavin de Huantar, and the other archaaeological places.
PERU SUMMIT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Gratuities for the guide and other staff.
- Travel and Health insurance.
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Bathing suit.
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Crédit or debit card.