Inca Trail 2 Days
Inca Trail 2 days–Hike the Peru’s famous trail, Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in just one day which is commonly known as Inca Trail 2 days, witnessing the mind-blowing vistas and living an unique experience as you embark on this once in a lifetime trek of the Incas. This is truly an unique chance to hike to Machu Picchu in short way and see it, the one of the greatest sights the world has to offer. This Inca Trail 2 days trek offers a shortened version of the regular 4-day trek, perfect for visitors who wish to arrive to the ruins by foot, the same way the Incas originally did, but without the strain and time commitment of the classic 4-day Inca Trail. This Inca Trail 2 days starts close to the end of the 4-day inca trail and follows the final leg of the famous route, arriving to Machu Picchu via the Gate of the Sun.
Group Size: We need a minimum of 02 people to depart. Family groups, friend travelers, couple travelers or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our adventure to Machu Picchu. Prices are per person which are based on two people. The itinerary is described and based on shared services; however, you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
Service Level: Upgraded
- Hike a part of the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu just in one day.
- Explore trail-side archaeological sites that only Inca Trail hikers have access to.
- Hike to Machu Picchu on mystical, stone-paved paths built by the Incas.
- Enter Machu Picchu on foot through the Gate of the Sun, as the Incas once did.
- Spend the last day at Incomparable Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas” with a private guide.
- Direct & official local tour operator based in Cusco, managed by locals.
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
MODERATE: Half- to full-day hikes (3-6 hours) over rolling countryside on most days, occasional steep trails. Many of our hotel-based walking tours are in this category, as are our day-hikes adventures.
Activities: Hiking / Trekking, Archaeology, Cultural Adventures.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Inca Trail 2 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
- 3 star Hotel in Aguas Calientes Town / Machu Picchu Town.
Price: From US$ 590/ 2 Days
The price is subject to an hotel in Machupicchu town; however, you want to have four-start or five-start hotel we would provide you that class hotel, so you would add the difference to the total balance. Besides the price is subject on two-person. Whether you would like to take a private service, our service would increase in US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
Student with a valid ISIC student ID: US$ 570; Children under seven years of age receive a 10% discount. Children between 7 and 15 years pay the student price, but must show a copy of their passport.
We need a minimum of two people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people. To ensure a private tour with us, our price increases US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
Request a Quote: We can customize this private trek just for you. Any element can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and other destinations. Call us at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote, Here.
Limited Spaces: Yes. To protect the historical trail, the number of people allowed to hike the Inca Trail 2 days each day is limited to 250. That is why, you should reserve your space as soon as possible. Spaces can be filled up three to four months in advance. Spaces fill more quickly in the high tourist season, from May to September.
Acclimatization: Please allow a minimum of 1 day in Cusco before your hike begins to Inca Trail 2 days.
DAY 1, CUSCO – KM 104 – MACHU PICCHU
We go to your hotel to pick you up very early in the morning, and we drive for one and half-hour to Ollantaytambo train station to take the train to Km 104, which is the beggining of the trail. At Km 104 the train stops to get off and go walking to the main checkpoint for the respecive registration, this place is located at an elevation of 2,150m/ 7,030 feet, after getting our passport stamp of the Inca trail we will walk for couple of minutes and we will be arriving to the first incan site called Chachabamba that consits in having temples, a main patio, sacred rocks, etc. In which our guide will let you know of the incan site’s importance. Afterward we will continue walking gradually uphill enjoying the particular unique sceneries, about midday we will stop at one of the viewpoints to have our snacks; right after that, walking about 45-minute we will arrive to the great Wiñayhuyna incan temple that means literally forever young, you will enjoy the history of the incan site provided by our tour guide. Then we will walk for one and half-hour to the Sungate, when we arrive to this place, there is no way to describe the feeling of the first sights of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate, the astonishing llaqta (city) appears in front of you. this day, all the sores, and the other uneasiness of the trek are transformed in happiness, because we will be iluminated by the energy, that way we will be entering in the wonder; eventually, after walking about fourty five minutes from the Sun Gate, we will have arrived to the new seven wonder of the world, where the masterpiece is combined in one element with thounsands of elements to have a brilliant combination and perfection. in which, all our dreams will come reality. We will seal our feat with an epic picture with Machu picchu at the background, after a while we will go to the checkpoint from where to take the bus to Machupicchu town(Aguas Calientes town), where we will make our check-in at the hostal, about 7:00pm we will go to a restaurant to have dinner, eventually we will go back to the hostal and we will sleep.
DAY 2, GUIDED TOUR AT MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Today is the day of Machu Picchu, after having the breakfast that is organizad at the hostal we will go to the bus station to take the bus to Machu picchu inca city. The morning is dedicated to explore the extraordinary Machu Picchu, where our guide will give you a thorough three-hour tour. Following your tour, you will have time for yourself before taking the bus to Aguas Calientes town. If you have booked a Waynapicchu mountain ticket so you will have time to climb up the mountain after the tour; however, it depends of the spaces availability for that date, more info see Waynapicchu option. In the afternoon you have to take the bus from Machu Picchu inca city back to Aguas Calientes town( Machu picchu town), then to take the train back to Ollantaytambo train station and/or Poroy train station, where our transfer will be waiting for you to take you back to the hotel in Cusco.
NOTE ON ITINERARY
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule above, the itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather and terrain conditions.
Andean nights can get quite cold (between 30 and 40 degrees F) with daytime temperatures warming up to 60-86 degrees F. Much of the trip is in the cloud forest mountains where weather can change very quickly. Typically, days are clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds building in the spring and fall months. Cool and misty conditions are possible, but all-day rain is unlikely.
PERU SUMMIT INCLUDES
- Transportation from your hotel to the Ollantaytambo train station.
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – KM 104.
- Train ticket back to Cusco at the end of our journey.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
- One night hotel in Machupicchu town.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
Bus ticket up and down in Machu picchu the last day.
- Private bus from the train station to hotel in Cusco.
- Inca Trail english guide, Our guides are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
Meals: Breakfast (1), lunch (1).
PERU SUMMIT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Hiking poles US$5 per day( a pair of poles, Black Diamond or leki brand), you might get them rented from us.
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot Springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Gratuities for the guides, and other staff.
- Travel Insurance.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
- Original passport and Student ISIC card (if applicable), and some copies.
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us)
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Crédit or debit card.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).