Peru Package Travel 11 days
Peru Package Travel 11 days–Be the hero on this trip, Starting in Lima that is Peru’s capital city and comprised by 43 different districts, almost all with their own flare and vibe, Lima is a bustling metropolis. The lavishness of the Spanish colonial era is visible everywhere in the city, from the detailed wood-work of the historic centre’s balconies, doors and architecture to the extravagantly decorated churches. Arequipa with its stunning Santa Catalina Monastery, which is a city within the city , the nuns, sculptures, canvases; once lived in silence and were not allowed to leave the premises. Today, it is still a working monastery, with most of the premises open to the public. Cusco, the heart of the Inca Empire, which is decorated by ancient beautiful incan typical streets, incan temples, colonial buildings, etc; one of them is Hatunrumiyoc that is a great place to have a closer look at the engineering skills of the Incas. The 12 sided stone, and the wall it is found on, is a perfect example of the stonework that was reserved for the ‘elite’ of Incan society who lived in houses of perfect stonework, cut and shaped with not a gap to be seen. The walls were so well built that the Spanish used them for the foundations of their buildings after the conquest. Cusco is led to the development of loads of awesome attractions, so there’s plenty of cool ways to spend your time. On this trip you will be a hero witnessing the famous Salkantay Trek, hiking up to the highlands to have an ascent until 4,632m / 15,147feet a.s.l. then to walk through the high jungle to Machu Picchu.
Group Size: ( minimum 04 people) prices per person are based on four people who might. The itinerary is described and based on shared services; however, you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
Service Level: Upgraded
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
STRENUOUS: Full-day hikes (6-8 hours), mountainous, steep terrain (hiking up or down as much as 3,500 feet) on many hikes. Trips with hiking at average altitudes of 10,000 to 14,500 feet are in this category. (only for Salkantay Trail).
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Accommodation, three-star hotel.
Outdoor Accommodation , Tents
Accommodation, four-star hotel or more, upon request.
Price: From US$ 2400/ 11 Days
The price is subject to three-star hotel in Peru; however, you want to have four-start or five-start hotel we would provide you that class hotel, so you would add the difference to the total balance. Besides the price is based on four-person. Whether you would like to take a private service, our service would increase in US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
Student with a valid ISIC student ID: US$ 2380; Children under seven years of age receive a 10% discount. Children between 7 and 15 years pay the student price, but must show a copy of their passport (this discount is only valid for Machupicchu)
We need a minimum of four people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people. To ensure a private tour with us, our price increases US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
Limited Spaces: NO, the Salkantay trail is not regulated yet by the peruvian goverment; however, the entrance fee for the Salkantay mountain is charged in Mollepata town(the entrance fee is included), which is the main gate to get in the trail; thus you could book in one month in advance that way to organize the tour, whether you would like to climd up the keen Wayna Picchu mountain, please let us know at the moment you are booking the tour( tickets for Wayna Picchu is limited, 400 tickets a day).
Acclimatization: Please allow a minimum of 2 days in Cusco before your hike begins (only for Salkantay Trail).
DAY 1, LIMA – CITY TOUR
Arrival any time in the morning to the international airport of Lima where our tour manager waits for you, and meets up you to take to the hotel, at the hotel you will be informed about the fascinating journey that awaits you. subsequently we start with our tour visiting the pre-incan temple of Huaca Pucllana then we go sightseeing along the important places of the capital, such as San Martin Square, Main square where we see the government palace, the basilica cathedral, archbishop’s palace, the municipality of lima, typical colonial streets with nice mansions. Then we visit the convent of Sain Francis where we see beautiful cloisters, catacombs, the religious museum, the choir, the library of the monks, the sacristy with the collection of Rivera and Zurbaran’s canvas, subsequentely we visit the modern Lima: San Isidro, El Olivar, Larco Mar from where we have a stunning view of the Pacific Ocean, after a while we go to a nice restaurant to have lunch.
In the afternoon we visit the Gold Museum Of Peru. The ancient peruvian were great fantastic silversmiths and goldsmiths that employed particular techniques to work on the metal, as the process of “cire perdue” which was known and disappeared in eastern until the Renaissance. In our excursión to the museum we see a great collection of gold artifacts from different pre-incan cultures, some artifacts date from 3,000 b.c, on the exhibition incalculable jewelries that are finely wrought that were used by the Incas, the children of the Sun God, and the other monarches. Besides the museum keeps a valuable Collection of antique and modern guns which are among the best of its kind in the World. after having a great tour into the museum we go back to the hotel.
DAY 2, AREQUIPA – CITY TOUR
We will wake up very early in the morning to drive to the airport and take the flight to Arequipa, at your arrival time in Arequipa you will meet up with our tour manager at the airport, then to drive to the hotel in Arequipa where you will get an informative breifing about the fascinating journey in Arequipa and Cusco from your tour manager, after that we will drop the lugagges off at the hotel and we will start with our excursión in the city. driving to the viewpoint of Carmen Alto, from this place we have great views of the mountains that surround the city of Arequipa, as well as we see the pre-incan terraces, at this point you have a rich history recounted by our tour guide. Consequently we drive to get the Yanahuara district to enjoy the arcades of the Yanahuara which was built on fine ashlars, and we also see the church of San Juan Bautista.
Later on we visit the great monastery of Santa Catalina, that is a large building founded in 1579 where we see a great collection of canvas, sculpture, etc. Then our guide leads us to the Basilica of Arequipa, a building with neoclassical architectural style and it is located next to the main square, next we go to see the church of Compañía de Jesus and the dome of San Ignacio, eventually we come back to the hotel.
DAY 3, OUTSIDES OF AREQUIPA
We pick you up from your hotel, right away to drive to Cayma district where we visit the viewpoint of Carmen Alto from this place we see the beautiful valley of Arequipa, the Chili river, and the three volcanoes that surround the city. Immediately we drive to the Yanahuara district to visit the Mirador of Yanahuara which was built on fine ashlars and baroque style as its church that is located right beside. Following our sightseeing we go through the Fierro bridge (which was designed by Gustavo Eiffel), to get the viewpoint of Sachaca that is the highest viewpoint around Arequipa city, from this place we see the arequipenian countryside.
Next we visit a nice building called the Mansion of the Founder, where the son of Arequipa’s founder lived, it was taken once by the chilian army as headquarters during the pacific war. After that we drive to the town of Sabandia where we see the colonial hydraulic-wheel that was used to grind the grains, seeds, beans. Keep driving we arrive to Paucarpata district, just close by group of pre-incan terraces are located. Eventually we drive back to hotel in Arequipa.
DAY 4, CUSCO – CITY TOUR
We will wake up very early in the morning to drive to the airport and take the flight to Cusco, at your arrival time in Cusco you will meet up with our tour manager at the airport, then to drive to the hotel in Cusco where you will get an informative breifing about the fascinating journey in Cusco and Puno from your tour manager, after that we will drop the lugagges off at the hotel and we will start with our excursión in the city. A day on leisure in the ancient capital of the incan Empire entitled a World´s Heritage site by UNESCO. In the morning you will explore the stunning fortress-temple Sacasayhuaman, Qenqo, Pukapukara, and Tampumachay. About midday you will have a great lunch at one of the typical restaurants, after having the lunch we continue exploring the Cusco’s antique streets, and we arrive walking to the extraordinary Temple of the sun Qoricancha, the most important religous site of the incas in the lower Cusco This sumptuous temple’s walls and floors were allegedly once covered by sheets of solid gold. This temple was once one of the most important religious site of the Incan people in the city of Cusco. On this tour we also visit a local market where you taste fresh-baked Chuta bread, and you still see some local items, articles for different purposes and aims, then you go walking to the main square in which you will feel at the plenary puma’s heart, (because Cusco the capital of the incan Empire was designed in a puma shape), and from here wou will see the colonial buildings, the cathedral and the other chuches around, eventually we go back to the hotel.
DAY 5, VALLEY OF THE SUN ( Commonly known as Sacred Valley of the Incas).
Full day guided tour in the Sacred Valley, visiting important incan sites, as Pisaq, and Ollantaytambo, along with the visits to the local interesting places ( e.g, chicheria a place where you would have a local typical corn beer and play frog game).
At each incan site you will have stunning views and rich history, and you will be amazed by the architectural styles, walls, palaces, granaries, temples, terraces, etc.
You have another way of visiting the Sacred Valley, exploring the incan sites of Chinchero, Moray, Salt Mines Maras, Ollantaytambo. We have these two options because in the Sacred valley of the Incas you have several incan sites to visit, and according to your preferences you might disccus with your tour manager that way to provide it to you, one of the options that you would like more.
In the evening after the tour we drive to the train station of Ollantaytambo from where we will go aboard the train to Machupicchu town( estimated time of arrival to Machupicchu town 1:45-hour), when we arrive to Machupicchu town we will go to the hotel to make our check-in, and about 7:30pm we will have dinner.
DAY 6, CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SOYRUQOCHA
We pick you up early from the hotel, then we will have 3-hour driving to Mollepata(a main town before the beggining of the hiking path, where you would stop for a while). After a while we keep driving for 1-hour until the place called Soraypampa from which we will start to hike; Soraypampa is located at the skirt part of the Tukarway snowcapped mount, and at an elevation of 3,880 m/ 12,687 feet, where we will get ready for the first great day, when we start to walk we will ascend gradually until the lunch spot for 2 hours, which is located at an altitude of 4,160m/13,603feet, the trail from the beggining until the lunch is more or less moderate, here we will have a succulent lunch with the great view of Salkantay mountain right above us, after the lunch we will take a super nap and using this energy to fullfil this day; we will walk uphill for two and a half-hour to reach our camp site, while we are ascending higher and higher we will be getting closer and closer to the mountain of Salkantay, and we will arrive to our first camp site called Soyruqocha located at an altitude of 4,450m/ 14,552feet, and located really close to Salkantay Mountain, the arrival to the camp site comes together with the happyness because you will have overcome the tough first day, later on we will have our te time which consists of having biscuits, pop corn, hot chocolate, milk, coffee, variety of te, and right shortly after we will have our dinner, after that you will have a refreshing briefing about the second day, eventually we will go to our tents to have a sweet dreams.
DAY 7, SOYRUQOCHA – COLLPAPAMPA
The second day in the morning you will be waken up with a hot coca tea, and will have a stunning view of Sunrise at Salkantay Mountain; next, we will have breakfast while enjoying the awesome views around us, right after the breakfast we will begin to walk uphill for two-hour until reaching the highest point on this trek, which is the Salkantay pass 4,631m/ 15,143feet. Once we arrive at this point we will have the Salkantay mountain right next to us, and the way of feeling that we will have here it would not have an explanation, because it is just unique and special place; therefore, we will have a meditation and spiritual time. After that, we will walk downhill for five-hour until reaching our second camp site, on this second downhill section we will have our lunch at place known as Wayraqmachay, after the lunch walking about half-hour we will be getting the lush high jungle, from where we will be entering in a different ecological niche, alonside the path we will see couple of orchids, native flowers, and birds. Afterwards we arrive to the second camp site called Collpapampa that is located at an altitude of 2,750m/ 8,993feet, where we will have te time, dinner, and rest.
DAY 8, COLLPAPAMPA- LA PLAYA- LUCMABAMBA
Wake up tea in the morning, is so nice to start the day, and specially on this day, when we finish having our breakfast we will continue hiking along the bank of the river and generally through the jungle, the path will be easier than the other days because it is mostly flat, and we will have the chance to enjoy one of the local native fruits, that is “granadilla” a family of passion fruit. After five-hour walking through the high jungle we arrive to lunch spot called La Playa, here we will have our lunch then to continue to our camp site at Lucmabamba, that is located at an elevation of 2,050m/ 6,704feet, in the afternoon we will have a little stroll into the coffee and fruit crops which are located right next to the camp site, during this visit to the crops you will know about the production of organic coffee and the development of each sort of coffee, by yourself will be able to harvest couple of coffee beans then to make the process of peeling and roasting, in the evening you will grab some coffee beans, next you will roast them afterwads you will grind them and finally you will enjoy them. having a just made coffee espresso. Later on we will enjoy our dinner, and we will go to bed.
DAY 9, LUCMABAMBA- LLAQTAPATA- HIDROELECTRICA- MACHUPICCHU TOWN
we will have our wake up coca tea in the morning as usual, after that to have the breakfast and we will be ready to walk uphill for three hours on the small section of the inca trail; that is coming up from the jungle side of Cusco, and connecting to Machu Picchu, this ancient path was used in the past time as trading route between the jungle and the highlands of the incan empire. Once we finish walking these three-hour section we will arrive to the small incan site “Llaqtapata”, which will be a great reward for us, because from this incan site we will have the first glance of the Llaqta(city) of Machu Picchu in an about 5-km/ 3.1069-mile, it will be a special moment because one of our big goal will be just close by. After enjoying the gorgeous sceneries around, we will begin to descend for three hours until getting Hidroelectrica where we will have our last lunch made of our cheff, shortly after we will take the train to Machu Picchu town(Aguas Calientes), once we arrive we will go to the hostal to make the check in. At night about 7:00pm we will have the dinner in a restaurant right after the dinner you will have a detailed briefing and recomendations for the next day, eventually we will go back to our hostal to rest.
DAY 10, SACRED INCA CITY OF MACHU PICCHU- CUSCO
Today is the glorious day, so we wake up very early to have the breakfast at the hostal, afterward to go to the bus station, we take the bus and we drive for 25-minute to the sanctuary, when we arrive we will get in Machu Picchu.
“Even more sublime” will be the feeling in our heart of having the Sacred city right infront of us, so we will seal our feat with an epic picture with Machu Picchu at the background. After the photography session, the tour will start, where our tour guide will be the main character for three-hour on the history, arqueology, ancient architecture. Once you finish the sightseeing at Machu Picchu you will have enough time to explore the sacred city. Whether you have booked a climb to Wayna Picchu, you will climb up the mountain after or before the tour, it depends of the spaces availability for that date, more info see wayna picchu option.
In the afternoon you have to take the bus from Machu Picchu inca city back to Aguas Calientes town( Machu picchu town), then to take the train back to Ollantaytambo train station and/or Poroy train station, where our transfer will be waiting for you to take you back to the hotel in Cusco.
DAY 11 – GOOD BYE TO CUSCO MAGIC
We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning and transfer you to the airport for your flight back to Lima, and say good bye to Cusco. End of our service.
PERU SUMMIT INCLUDES
- Transportation from your hotel to the start of the Salkantay trail.
- Entrance fee to the trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket back to Cusco at the end of our journey.
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent(03 people tent for 02 people, Therm-a-Rest mattress and air pillow (please note that you will have to carry your own mattress and pillow).
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- Private bus from the train station to hotel in Cusco.
- Inca Trail english guide, Our guides are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
- Meals: Breakfast (4), lunch (4), dinner (4), and snacks (only for Salkantay Trail).
- a professional quechua chef who grew up in the countryside, and several horses and Quechua muleteers who will carry the equipment.
- All transfers from the airport to hotel, and from hotel to airport.
- Cusco Magic and surroundings ( city tour) Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pukapuka, Tambomachay, Cusco’s Typical streets, Sun Temple Qoricancha, Typical local market,
- Tour manager who will be all the time with you, giving to you a rich information about the incan history, and all the detailed information about the tour.
- The Valley of the Sun ( Sacred Valley of the Incas), we have two options; option Nº 01 ( Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Chicheria “ corn beer spots”, textile center), option Nº 02 ( Chinchero, Maras, Moray, Ollantaytambo, Chicheria “corn beer spot”), please note, let us know about your choice, if you do not have yet any so get some information from your tour manager who will be explain you with details about these two options.
- Salkantay trail ( meals, equipment, guide, salkantay trail tickets, bus tickets, train tickets, transportation from the train station to hotel)
- All private transportation for the day sightseeing.
- Hotel in Peru, 06 nights of hotel accommodation. We provide you three-start hotel.
- Entrance fee to the Santa Catalina Monastery.
PERU SUMMIT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International airfares ( please let us know detailed information about your flight tickets, to pick you up from the airport).
- All airport departure tax, Lima International departure tax is approximately US$ 35, and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$10.
- Meal Budget, ( while your stay at hotel or sightseeing) between US$15 to US$20 for every meal not included.
- Additional nights during the trip due to the flight cancellations.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day, and hiking poles US$5 per day( a pair of poles, Black Diamond or leki brand), you might get them rented from us.
- On the Inca Trail, by yourself might carry your sleeping bag, thermal rest, and your own personal items ( if you are hiring an extra porter for 7 kilos/14 pounds, and/or 14 kilos/ 28 pounds, you might ignore this part of the list.
- The tourist tickets to visit the incan sites around Cusco, and the Sacred Valley of the Incas ( general tourist ticket 130 peruvian soles) that includes the entrance to the incan sites around Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Churches in Cusco, and Museums in Cusco.
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot Springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Gratuities for the guides, porters, and other staff(optional).
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
- Original passport and Student ISIC card (if applicable), and some copies.
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us)
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Crédit or debit card.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).