Inca Trail Permits Availability 2021 Out Now!
Inca Trail Permits Availability 2021–Click on each month to see the available permits on specific dates, and if you find some availability book your trip a.s.a.p, we are already getting bookings for 2021, so book your spot now.
The Peruvian Government issues a limited number of Inca Trail permits a day (500 permits a day which are issued to about 200 trekkers per day and about 300 porters) due to the preservation, conservation, and popularity of this spectacular route. Permits generally sell out six months in advance. Reserve your spot now and leave the rest to Peru Summit Adventures!
2020 has been a tough year for everyone, we need to stick together and stay home – for the health and safety of everyone, so we can meet again in future treks and adventures.
2021 is kind of around the corner and we want to ensure your Inca Trail hike with us. The lockdown period has postponed everybody’s plans so permits will sell out very fast and we need to secure them for you especially for summer high-season departures. Book your spot today, we only need you to fill a BOOKING FORM so we can get your detailed information from you and your companion.
Inca Trail Permits Availability 2020 – Per Month:
Inca Trail Availability, January 2021
- 1No Spaces
- 2No Spaces
- 3No Spaces
- 4No Spaces
- 5No Spaces
- 6No Spaces
- 7No Spaces
- 8No Spaces
- 9No Spaces
- 10No Spaces
- 11No Spaces
- 12No Spaces
- 13No Spaces
- 14No Spaces
- 15No Spaces
- 16No Spaces
- 17No Spaces
- 18No Spaces
- 19No Spaces
- 20No Spaces
- 21No Spaces
- 22No Spaces
- 23No Spaces
- 24No Spaces
- 25No Spaces
- 26No Spaces
- 27No Spaces
- 28No Spaces
- 29No Spaces
- 30No Spaces
- 31No Spaces
Highlights, Peru Summit Adventures™ Advantages:
Since 2014 and since the very first day of our operation, Peru Summit Adventures has been blazing new trails, new ways of experiencing in Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu. Our trailblazing is just one reason we are a uniquely qualified local company to ensure you have a trip of a lifetime.
- The ancient Inca Trail itself still with an original section at most part.
- 7 Incan Ruins (most of them are temples).
- Your own private guide and private crew to support at all times.
- Unesco’s heritage site (trail), ends at Machu Picchu.
- Stay at our cozy and roomy tents, our gear is the best, modern & state-of-the-art, the best on the trail!
- Soak in views of snowcapped Andean mountains, awe-inspiring ruin sites, cloud forest.
- Our trek leaders (guides) are professional, great storytellers, and funny, they even speak Inca language “Quechua” learn some words from them.
- Surplus of food, food is amazing!
- Direct Local tour operator, no middleman.
- A once in a lifetime experience! good for money value, no hidden fees.
- Want to reduce the use of plastic and help the planet a better place for everyone? Then hike with us!
Trail Details / Inca Trail Permits Availability Details
- Distance: 43 km/27 miles.
- Duration: The classic one in 4 Days/3 Nights, The relaxed & enhanced way in 5 days / 4 nights (you see Machu Picchu twice).
- Departures: Daily with 2ppl as a minimum, max 8ppl, average 3-4ppl.
- When to book: 5+ months ahead/ or even a year ahead.
- Altitude: 2,400m/7,872ft to 4,215m/13,825ft.
- Adventure Rating: ★★★★★☆ Strenuous, lengthy, high altitude.
- Solitude Rating: ★★★☆☆ Famous, touristy trail, crowded.
- When to Go: Best from March to November.
- Terrain: Dirt, rock, stone steps, multiple high passes.
- Acclimatization: 2 – 3 days acclimatization.
- Customizable: Yes! Just let us know, custom, add-ons all available.
- Price: USD 880.00 per person (depending on the group size)
Why the cost is so different with other companies?: Prices range from $500 to $1600, in other words if you pay $500 you’re making each porter carry over 35kg/70pounds that’s unfair, if you pay $850 – $1100 you are a responsible traveler because your porter and other staff will be grateful, and if you pay more than $1500 most probably that company is a foreigner one and most probably will outsource you a local company (tour operator). Most of the Inca Trail companies still abuse their staff especially in wage, weigh, and welfare, so the amount you pay reflects a lot on that. Please, take your time to research before to choose any of them.
Type of meal: Plenty of food with option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose free, etc. Food is Awesome!
Gears: The best of the trail, roomy Black Diamond / North Face Summit Series tents, Therma rest mattress (air mattresses) with pillows, dining tent with chairs table, kitchen tent, and toilet tent just for our travelers.
Who carries my extra personal items?: Don’t worry, your personal porter carries 7 kg / 14 pounds of your personal items, so you hike just with your rucksack.
How is like my Trek Leader? Our Peru Summit professional Tour Leaders / Trek Leaders with a deep knowledge of the route, destination and a focus on customer service makes all the difference in the route. Our Tour Leaders are experts in Inca history, nature, birding, gastronomy, local language (Quechua), local traditions, emergency procedures, etc, with a deep connection to Peru’s enthralling traditional culture. Our Tour Leaders / Trek Leaders have the warmth, knowledge, courage, endless energy, and that special “it” factor that transforms a journey into an unforgettable experience.
Weather: Between May and October mostly sunny with some light rainfalls on days 2, 3, and 4. Between November and April with rainfalls on some days, if come on these months be prepared, although weather in Andes mountains is totally unpredictable, it changes a lot.
What if I don’t find availability on the date I want? You have several options to take, 1, you can opt to hike the shorter version of Inca Trail an see Machu Picchu twice with overnight in Machu Picchu town. 2, you can opt to hike the alternative trails to reach Machu Picchu by hiking and train on some sections like Salkantay Trek, Lares Trek, Ancascocha Trek, Inca Quarry Trek, Ausangate Trek, Lares Trek Plus Short Inca Trail, and Choquequirao Trek.
Activities: Hiking / Trekking, Archaeology, Cultural Adventures.
Responsible Travel? Let’s make this world a better place for everyone and for everyone that lives in it! our GREEN ENGAGE way traveling with us is believe strongly in low impact or rather a positive impact on tourism. Responsible business has always been at the heart of what we do. These values are not more than just words, they are ingrained in the culture and philosophy of our crew, daily operations of Peru Summit Adventures trips and at our office too.
Why Travelers Choose this Hike with Us?
We do like to do our hikes a little bit different than others or conventional operators that way to experience a true journey & adventure along the trail likewise the team that goes with us as well. We understand the hard work our Quechua porters face along the trail just to make your hike/ experience as enjoyable as possible by providing us their support, how? by carrying our clothes, cooking our gourmet meals, setting up our tents, and for years, many have done this under appalling working conditions. However, all this could be different with us. We are committed to ethical conditions which are within our Responsible Travel guidelines. See below some of the Pros you have when choosing to hike with us.
- We organize our hikes only in small groups with a minimum of 2 people max 8 people to experience the trail in-depth, that’s why we hike away from crowds and set up our tents in quieter places.
- We do not put our porters aside, they are part of the experience along the trail, you will have chance to share some coca leaves with them, give them some hi-fives, and they will share some stories, tales from their hometown at the campsites with you. This is an experience that involves everyone on the trail.
- After an arduous day, our porters deserve to sleep in a decent tent with a pad, that’s what they get for from us. We send these gears along with the travelers’ gears from our warehouse. We are totally against that our staff might sleep in precarious places like toilets floor or somewhere else at cold night temperatures.
- Peruvian labor law mandates that all porters be paid a minimum wage of 45 soles per day (about $14). We do pay them more than average, not even minimum wage. We do know that their work is tough (about 15 hours), most of them have large families or the youngers want to keep studying at local institutes and getting paid in a reasonable and decent way is very important to us to achieve their goals or improve their family’s welfare.
- Food/ nourishment is a must for our porters. We are against that they eat some leftovers of our travelers or eat only pasta and rice, they do deserve a proper meal because they spend the day carrying demanding loads up and down over mountains. If our travelers eat some chicken, beef or any other meal type, our porters do as well.
- By Peruvian labor law, porters must carry no more than 20 kilograms (44 pounds), including 5 kilograms (11 pounds) allowance for their personal belongings. Peru Summit Adventures porters carry 18 kilograms (39 pounds) plus 4 kilograms (8 pounds) of personal belongings. We try our best that our porters carry less than that weigh.
We do our very best effort and are committed to change the things on the trail to make a better place for everyone that is part of us. We know all these issues because we experienced unfair treatment when we worked as support staff years ago for other companies. Be an explorer be a local at least for 4 days and mingle with our Quechua Andean porters. Come join us and make a great difference by hiking with us, it’s the only way to discover what we are really doing it.
Why else do the travelers choose this hike with us?
What Makes Us Different!… Here’s, Why You Should Book With Us!
Making a choice of your travel company/ tour operator is the most important decision you will make as you make your plans for a long-anticipated adventure and a dream adventure. At first glance, some companies may seem cheaper. However, when you research a little deeper, you will see why traveling with Peru Summit Adventures assures that you will have the most memorable travel experience possible. In fact, we guarantee it. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices, here are the reasons why you should go with us! Click Here to See the Other Reasons To Travel With Peru Summit Adventures
Official Inca Trail Map
Our Inca Trail Tours, Click on the option you like most and make your adventure started.