Rainbow Mountain In Cusco, Peru Trek 1 Day
Rainbow Mountain Cusco
Rainbow Mountain Cusco–Spend a full day hike following deserted highland paths through alpaca and llama herds to this breathtaking Rainbow Mountain Cusco, perched high above the Vilcanota Range with an expert private guide.
Start your day adventure at a reasonable time (5:00 A.m) and hike for about 3 hours in total, this is a new way to reach this place avoiding the early dawn wake up and hike for about 6-7 hours. Peru’s incredible natural and man-made wonders offer travelers unparalleled adventure and unforgettable moments of emotion. Explore the dramatic, colored hills (Rainbow Mountain Cusco), snow-capped peaks, valleys of the Andes in the Vilcanota Range as you make your journey. This famous hills are also known as Vinicunca mountain, beckons curious travelers with its astounding natural feature, remarkable wildlife, and local poeple. Venture from the modern Peruvian city Cusco to the heart of Vilcanota Range, discovering the remote quaint villages, llama, alpaca herds, and the stunning Rainbow Mountain, Cusco’s hot-star attraction. Take a rest while hiking in order to admire the striking view of Ausangate mountain ( the highest peak in Cusco region) considered “Apu” (holy mountain or mountain spirit) by local Peruvians and is the deity of Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues today. Your private guide will take you through the magical of this mountains and reveal the history and legend behind this colored hills.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at email@example.com to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
We offer everyday departures with a minimum of 2 people. Prices are per person, which are based on two people who might share a room / tent. The itinerary is described and based on personalized service.
1 day hike: USD 130 per person.
2 days hike: USD 350 per person
3 days hike: USD 480 per person
Request your itinerary here
Upgraded / Private Service
Demanding, Strenuous – high altitude hikes – accessible to the most healthy traveller – depending on your fitness level.
EXTENSION TRIPS: Yes, you can do this same trek in 2 days, and with more activity inclusions in 3 days, hiking leisurely, with camping at nights on the way. And you can extend your trek, with Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain, Ausangate Trek to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, and Sacred Valley, or you can extend your trip with any tour from our great list we offer.
We can customize this private tour just for you. Any detail can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and destinations. Call us or text us via WhatsApp at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote.
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Rainbow Mountain Cusco. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Today the adventure takes to the Rainbow Mountain Cusco, We will start early in the morning at 5:00 A.m with a pick up from your hotel in our private transport, with a private guide. We will head out through the South Valley passing very quaint Andean towns to trailhead located at an elevation of 4,400 m / 14,432 ft,
We will then start hiking through the trail that winds up, following a lovely stream, with herds of llamas and alpacas with a private guide. Along the trail we’ll enjoy amazing views of the highest mountain in Cusco region, Ausangate Mountain (20,936 ft), and will marvel at traditionally-dressed women and the colorful textiles they spin before your eyes. Using the wool of alpacas, and llamas, the women create patterns using natural dyes that have existed in the Andes since the time of the Inca. In addition to the textiles, visitors have the chance to interact with local inhabitants, learning words in Quechua language.
After 1 hour and 30 minutes hiking or more, we will embrace this great natural formation of Rainbow Mountain Cusco (5,050 m / 16,564 ft). Our knowledgeable private guide leads us through the side of hills, recapping,and explaining the current theories regarding the purpose and significance of the colored hills, and we will take our time to shoot amazing photos, while enjoying a hot well-deserved Coca tea.
Once we had enough time at this stunning place, we’ll walk for about one hour to get our Picnic lunch spot. After enjoying our lunch, we will continue back to trailhead to take our private transport to Cusco. All meals included.
Hiking Time: 3-4 hours
Hiking Distance: 8 km / 4.97 miles
Lowest Elevation: 4,400 m / 14,432 ft
Highest Elevation: 5,050 m / 16,564 ft
Trekking Surface: Dirt trail, rocky, muddy, slippery
Weather: Unpredictable, Some days could be sunny with blue sky, while other days foggy, rainy, snowy. Be prepared!
Tour Guide: Friendly, funny, knowledgeable. A professional Peru Summit Tour Guides with a deep knowledge of the destination and a focus on customer service makes all the difference. Our leaders are experts in Inca history, nature, wildlife, cuisine, local language, emergency life safe procedures, with a profound connection to Peru’s fascinating traditional culture. They take care of all the details so that you can savor the experiences of the trip. Our Tour Guides have the warmth, endless energy, and that special “it” factor that transforms a trip into an unforgettable journey.
Meal: A super delicious and nutritious packed breakfast and packed lunch will be provided (lunch box/packed lunch) with an option for vegetarians, gluten free, and lactose free with a nice hot Coca tea.
Toilet: At some points on the trail, there are squat toilets for PEN 1.00 ( 1 Sol).
Time to go: Best time to is from mid-April to October, we still operate in November, and March, hikers should expect some rains and snow in these months. We do not operate our trips in December, January, and February as the rainfall is very strong, which makes very difficult the access, and it’s not possible to see the Rainbow Mountain.
- Round trip private transportation.
- Packed breakfast and packed lunch with hot drinks.
- Entrance tickets to the park.
- Tour Guide in English
- Oxygen tank.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot Springs.
- Tipping for guides, porters or muleteers, and other staff.
- Horse if needed during the hike.
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
TREK GEAR LIST
- Travel insurance (and some copies).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (very important even if traveling in dry season).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Ear Plugs.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash (little coins for toilet).
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Acetazolamide (Diamox), Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).