Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 Days
Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 Days–Experience one of the most beautiful natural formations on earth from different angles on this guided 2-day tour from Cusco to the Rainbow Mountain also known as Vinicunca.
Located in Vilcanota range, known for its remarkable colors, glacier lagoons, bunch of alpacas & llamas, and the snowcapped mountains that surround this place make the adventure unique and thrilling, it is a photographer’s dream experience. Throughout your tour, you’ll learn about local culture, geology, Inca history, flora, and fauna from your expert local guide.
- Snap photos of iconic Ausangate (the highest mountain in Cusco), spire mountains, blue lagoons, and colored hills.
- Be the first one in reaching the Rainbow Mountain.
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures personalized attention from your informative trek leader.
- Fully supported trek by a private trek leader, private chef, and private muleteers.
- Trek in a high Andean realm close by to herd of llamas, and alpacas. Stay in a mountain 4 season roomy tents (Black Diamond tents and North Face Summit Series tents).
Why Travelers Choose This Tour with us?
Enjoy entrance to the Rainbow Mountain through a way lesser-known side and be the first in arriving this place. This tour also shows you more of Rainbow Mountain’s landscape, flora, fauna, and local culture with a local private guide.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco
We need a minimum of 02 people to depart to Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days. Family groups, friend travelers, couple travelers or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our adventure. Prices are per person which are based on two people who might share a room / tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services; however, you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
The Smallest Groups en Route—Averaging Just 4 Travelers!
Could you imagine trying to hike silently along an isolated trail, carefully not disturbing shy wildlife, with 10 or 20 other travelers? Or walking on a remote area to explore the pristine wilderness with dozens of other tourists at your side? We know meaningful nature encounters must be undertaken in small groups. That’s why our trips come with an average of just four travelers, by far the smallest groups in the tourism industry across the country. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up wildlife experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
We Deliver on Our Promises
We are very confident the quality of our journeys will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business!
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
Service Level: Upgraded/ Comfort.
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Moderate to Strenuous: Half- to full-day hikes (3-6 hours) over rolling countryside on most days, occasional steep trails. Many of our hotel-based walking tours are in this category, as are our day-hikes adventures.
Activities: Hiking / Trekking, Camping
Accommodations: North Face Summit Series and Black Diamond 4 season tents are provided, tents are roomy and comfortable used only by two people, come with air sleeping pads “Therma-Rest”, and Pillows.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Price: From US$ 350 / per person
- A personal porter included to carry your 8kg / 16 pounds personal items.
The Best Fare For The Best Trip
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
You Book, You Go…Don’t Worry… We Won’t Cancel!
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or outsource their travelers to other big groups tour operators, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither outsource other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Request a Quote: We can customize this private trek just for you. Any detail can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and other destinations. Call us at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote, Here.
Acclimatization: Please allow a minimum of 2 days in Cusco before your hike begins to Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days.
Day 1. Cusco – Quesiyuno – Ananta
At 4:30 am, we pick you up from your hotel, we will then drive for 3 hours and 30 minutes to the trailhead called Qusiyuno 4.400m/ 14,436 ft, a small community with scattered houses in distances, at this point, our cook will prepare breakfast while you will get your rucksack ready for the day. We will have breakfast with great views around us. After eating breakfast, we will start hiking following a trail which is going up gradually, we will start to sight painted hills of reddish soil, big spires, the massif Ausangate mountain in a distance, and also llamas, alpacas.
After hiking for 3 hours, we will reach the Pukaqocha pass located at 5,000m/ 16,404 ft, a perfect spot to see the most part of the stunning Ausangate mountain with blue lagoons at the skirt part, and other impressive views of the highland valleys, mountains, reddish hills in further locations, probably, this point will be one of the highlights of your adventure. From this pass, we will hike downhill to get the valley part for 1 hour once in the valley, we will hike up the valley for 1 more hour, where our campsite is located, upon our arrival we will enjoy of just prepared lunch. All meals included.
Hiking Time: 5 – 6 hours
Hiking Distance: 8 km / 4,97 miles
Lowest Point: 4.400m/ 14,436 ft
Highest Point: 5,000m/ 16,404 ft
Highlight: Ausangate mountain, lagoons, llamas/ alpacas, the first 5,000 meters conquered.
Day 2. Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Ayraviri – Cusco
Today’s nutritious breakfast makes us ready to go exploring the Rainbow Mountain and likely for the most important day. We will start early in the dawn our hike to beat the big crowds. After having some hot drinks, we will hike up for about 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach the next pass at 5,000 m / 16,404 ft, from which we will see the famous Rainbow Mountain in a further direction. We will walk downhill on a steeper section trail to get the flatter section, we will then continue hiking up to the Rainbow Mountain for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Upon our arrival, we will savor the unique vistas of the Rainbow Mountain (5,050m/ 16,568ft) while enjoying some hot drinks. After having enough time to enjoy this site, we will hike downhill for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach the end of the trail, where we will take our last lunch and take our private transportation back to Cusco. All meals included.
Hiking Time: 5 – 6 hours
Hiking Distance: 10 km / 6.21 miles
Lowest Point: 4,500 m / 14,763 ft
Highest Point: 5,000 m / 16,404 ft
Highlight: Be one of the first ones at Rainbow Mountain, amazing sunrise in the trail.
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Peru Summit Includes For Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 Days
- Private transportation from your hotel to Quesiyuno.
- Private transportation back to hotel from Ayraviri (Rainbow Mountain) at the end of our trek.
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent in Black Diamond or North Face Summit Series brand (04 people tent for 02 people)
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- Air sleeping pads (Therma-Rest brand) come with pillows.
- Entrance tickets to the park and camping site fees.
- Trek Leader.
- Meals: Breakfast (2), lunch (2), dinner (1), and snacks with option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose free.
- A professional chef.
- Horses, and muleteers; horses carry your 8-kg / 16-pound personal items.
- Duffel bags where to put the personal items.
- Emergency Horse to escort us during the trek.
- Oxygen tank and first aid-kits.
Peru Summit Does Not Include For Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 Days
- Sleeping bags (available for renting).
- Hiking poles (available for renting).
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, etc.
- Tipping for the trek leader, porters or muleteers, and other staff (expected but not compulsory your own appreciation).
- Travel insurance (you need to have one to travel with us and bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Ausangate and Peru travel books for this trip.
Trek Gear List – Trip Checklist
- Travel insurance (and some copies).
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Thermal underwear.
- Sleeping bag liner.
- Hiking socks.
- Ear Plugs.
- Hands sanitizer.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen). Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Diamox (acetazolamide) for altitude sickness, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may