Salkantay Trek 5 Days by Camping & Staying Away From Crowds, A Premium Collection Trek!
Salkantay Trek 5 Days—Dramatic landscapes, breathtaking vistas, Incan ruins and trails crowning the mountains, and three nights camping under a starry night sky make this 5-day Salkantay trek one of the most treasured for hikers the world over to reach Machu Picchu.
Live and enjoy our hike differently than the conventional Salkantay Trek tour operators, our style is staying at proper tents in wilderness areas away from crowds to savor the nature and a genuine adventure to Machu Picchu.
Witness the great Salkantay Mountain (whose summit is at 20,595 feet) which means Untamed, embracing its majestic sceneries as you make your way to the sacred city of Machu Picchu through the picturesque routes that go from the highlands to the Amazon jungle; besides, on this trip, you will trek in the shadows of this impressive mountain, and you will be right beside the rugged Salkantay snow-capped peak, getting until 15,193 feet, then to immerse into the cloud forest to admire their unique beauty on landscapes dominated by snow-capped peaks, crossed by mighty rivers.
For centuries, Andean people have worshiped the mountains as gods, which they call Apus, and Salkantay Mountain in particular one of the highest peaks in Peru, and the second highest peak in Cusco region has been venerated by locals since immemorial time. Therefore, mountains have played a central role in the astrology and spirituality of Andean cultures past and present, and you’ll live this fascinating experience on Salkantay trek 5 days. Salkantay trek 5 days is tailored to make the most out of every moment, which means you’ll be totally satisfied. And if you are not, it is probably just because you haven’t eaten enough guinea pig.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at email@example.com to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
UPGRADED COMFORT: Premium or Comfort trips are led by Peru Summit Adventures experts, an experienced crew at your side, or top trip leaders/guides, and tap into private local experts' resources to allow for in-depth exploration and special access to unique sites that only the local leaders/guides know. Itineraries are carefully crafted and fully planned, with plenty of free time to roam. Camping gears are high-end and accommodations are high-end or best available. Ground transportation and most meals (especially in hikes) and activities are included in the trip price.
STRENUOUS: Designed for experienced active travelers in excellent physical condition. Full-day hikes (6-9 hours), mountainous, steep terrain (hiking up or down as much as 3,500 ft) on many hikes. 4-day to 6-day trips with hiking at average altitudes of 10,000 to 14,500 ft are in this category with some exposed sections.
Hiking, Archaeology & Cultural Adventures
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Salkantay Trek 5 Days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests. Our hotel in Machu Picchu town is the Inti Punku Suites & Hotels (or a similar hotel) a lovely hotel for pleasant rest.
Min 2 ppl, Max 8 ppl
Minimum of 02 people is needed to depart. Family groups, couple travelers, friends, or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our trips. Price is per person, which is based on two people who might share a room/tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services as well as semi-private service; however, if you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
Yes, to protect MACHU PICCHU, the number of people allowed a day is limited to 4500 (spaces may vary depending on new regulations). That is why you should reserve your space as soon as possible. Spaces can be filled up three to four months in advance. Spaces fill more quickly in the high tourist season, from May to September.
Please allow a minimum of 2 days in Cusco before your hike begins to Salkantay Trek 5 days.
Why experience the Salkantay Trek 5 Days
- Trek in a high Andean realm. Stay in a mountain 4 season roomy tents (Black Diamond tents, North Face Summit Series tents).
- Make a genuine camping experience in proper natural areas far away from crowds.
- Taste our innovative cuisine made by our professional cook like “Peru Summit Quinoa Salad®”
- Your own private guide, muleteers, horses, delicious camp cuisine prepared by your personal cook.
- Spend the last day at Incomparable Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas” with a private guide.
- View ice-clad Salkantay, Huamantay, and the diverse ecosystems of the Cordillera Vilcabamba.
- Visit small Incan Ruins along the route and learn about the Incan history through them.
- Small groups, Big Adventures (min 2 – max 8 / average 4).
- Travel & Trek with someone who hiked the Inca Trail for over 300 times, Salkantay Trek for over 200 times, Choquequirao Trek for over 150 times, Ausangate Trek for over 100 times, Lares Trek for over 50 times, being at Machu Picchu for over 600 times.
- Salkantay Trek 5 days direct & official local tour operator based in Cusco, managed by locals.
- Learn about the highest coffee in the world, and visit the local fruit orchards.
- Hike a short section of Inca Trail and admire the beauty of Machu Picchu from a further Inca ruins.
- Direct & official local tour operator with headquarter in Cusco, accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism.
We will pick you up from the hotel very early in the morning, to drive for about 2 hours to Mollepata town (a main town before the beginning of the trek) on the way we’ll stop at Tarahuasi which is an Incan archaeological site with beautiful walls, tall trapezoidal niches, and a rectangular platform where the Incan people carried out their main religious ceremonies. Upon our arrival in Mollepata, we’ll stop for about 30 minutes to have breakfast at one of the local restaurants. After breakfast we’ll keep driving for 1 hour until the place called Soraypampa 3,880 m/ 12,726 feet from which we will start hiking up for about 2 hours to see the Humantay Lake located at 4,500 m/ 14,760 feet. It’s a beautiful lake located right at the skirt of the snow-capped mountain of Tukarway. After enjoying amazing views we’ll come back on the same way to Soraypampa where we’ll have our first nutritious lunch. We will then hike up to our first camp site following a highland valley on the trail that goes gradually uphill for 3 hours to reach the camp site called Soyruqocha located at an altitude of 4,450m/ 14,596 feet, and located really close to Salkantay Mountain, the arrival to the camp site comes together with the happiness because you will have overcome the tough section, later on, we will have our tea time which consists of having biscuits, popcorn, hot chocolate, milk, coffee, variety of tea, and right shortly after we will have our dinner, after that you will have a refreshing briefing for the second day, we will go to our tents for a nice dream. All meals included, except breakfast.
- Outdoor accommodation: Tents (roomy 4 season tents, 4 people tents are used for 2 people)
- Hiking time: 6 hours
- Hiking distance: 11 km/ 6.83 miles.
- Altitude gain: 650 m / 2,132 ft
- Lowest elevation: 3,800 m / 12,464 ft
- Highest elevation: 4,450 m / 14,596 ft
- Highlights: Incan ruins of Tarawasi, Humantay lake, afternoon hike to the first camp site, and the camp site right next to the Salkantay mountain.
The second day in the morning you will be waken up with a hot coca tea, and will have a stunning view of Sunrise at Salkantay Mountain; next, we will have breakfast while enjoying the awesome views around us, right after breakfast we will begin to walk uphill for 1 one hour and 30 minutes to reach the highest point on this trek, which is the Salkantay pass 4,632 m/ 15,193 feet. Once we arrive at this point we will have the Salkantay mountain right next to us and will have a meditation and spiritual time. After that, we will walk downhill for five-hour until reaching our second camp site, on this section we will have our lunch at about mid-day at place known as Wayraqmachay, after lunch, walking about 30 minutes we will be getting the lush high jungle, from where we will be entering in a different ecological niche, alongside the path we will see a couple of orchids, native flowers, and birds. We will eventually arrive to the second camp site called Collpapampa that is located at an altitude of 2,750m / 9,020 feet, where we will have our tea time, dinner, and rest. All meals included.
- Outdoor accommodation: Tents (roomy 4 season tents, 4 people tents are used for 2 people)
- Hiking time: 8 – 9 hours
- Hiking distance: 18 km/ 11.18 miles
- Altitude gain: 180 m / 590 ft
- Altitude loss: 1,980 m / 6,494 ft
- Lowest elevation: 2,750 m / 9,020 ft
- Highest elevation: 4,632 m / 15,193 ft
- Highlights: Wake up with amazing morning view of Salkantay mountain, conquer the highest point, snowcapped mountains scenery, and hike through cloud forest.
Wake up tea in the morning, which is so nice to start the day, when we finish having our breakfast we will continue hiking along the bank of the river and generally through the jungle, the path will be easier than the other days because it is mostly flat, and we will have the chance to enjoy one of the local native fruits, that is “granadilla” a family of passion fruit. After six-hour walking through the high jungle we arrive to lunch and camp spot called Lucmabamba, that is located at an elevation of 2,050m/ 6,724 feet, in the afternoon we will have a little exploration to the coffee and fruit crops which are located right next to the camp site, during this visit to the crops you will be able to know about the production of organic coffee in a high altitude and the development of each sort of coffee, by yourself will be able to harvest the coffee beans then to make the process of peeling and roasting, in the evening you will grab some coffee beans to roast them then to grind them and finally you will enjoy them. having a just made coffee espresso. Later on, we will enjoy our dinner, and we will go to bed. All meals included.
- Outdoor accommodation: Tents (roomy 4 season tents, 4 people tents are used for 2 people)
- Hiking time: 5 – 6 hours
- Hiking distance: 15 km/ 9.32 miles.
- Altitude loss: 700 m / 2,296 ft
- Lowest elevation: 2,050 m / 6,724 ft
- Highest elevation: 2,750 m / 9,020 ft
- Highlights: Hike through the cloud forest, coffee crops and local fruits orchards visit, learn of the highest coffee in the world since the hands of a local farmer.
We will have our wake up coca tea in the morning as usual, after that to have the breakfast and we will be ready to walk uphill for three hours on the small section of the inca trail; that is coming up from the jungle side of Cusco, and connecting to Machu Picchu, this ancient path was used in the past time as trading route between the jungle and the highlands of the incan empire. Once we finish walking these three hours section we will arrive to the small incan site “Llaqtapata”, which will be a great reward for us, because from this incan site we will have the first glance of Machu Picchu in about 5-km/ 3.11-mile away. After enjoying the gorgeous sceneries around, we will begin to descend for three hours until getting Hidroelectrica where we will have our last lunch made by our chef, we will then take the train to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes) for about 1 hour, once we arrive we will go to the hotel to make the check in. At night at about 7:00 pm we will have the dinner at one of the restaurants (this dinner is not included) right after the dinner you will have a detailed briefing and recomendations for the next day, eventually we will go back to our hotel to rest. All meals inlcuded, except the last supper.
- Hotel to stay: Hotel Cabaña or a similar hotel
- Hiking time: 6 – 7 hours
- Hiking distance: 11 km/ 6.83 miles.
- Altitude gain: 800 m / 2,624 ft
- Altitude loss: 1,045 m / 3,428 ft
- Lowest elevation: 1,850 m / 6,068 ft
- Highest elevation: 2,850 m / 9,348 ft
- Highlights: Short Inca trail section hike, Incan ruins of Llactapata, first views of Machu Picchu from Llacapata Incan ruins, journey to Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu town) on a panoramic train, cozy hotel in Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu town).
Today is the glorious day!, so we wake up very early to have the breakfast at hotel, about our personal ítems we’ll drop them off at hotel’s storage so when we come back from Machu Picchu we’ll pick them up. After having breakfast at hotel, we’ll go to the bus station to take the bus and drive for 25 minutes to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu. We will eventually have conquered the lost city of the Incas, we will seal our feat with an epic picture with Machu Picchu at the background. After the photography session, the tour will start, where our tour guide will be the main character for three-hour on the history, arqueology, ancient architecture. Once you finish the guided tour at Machu Picchu you will have enough free time to explore the sacred city. Whether you have booked a climb to Huayna Picchu mountain, you will climb up the mountain after or before the tour, it depends of the spaces availability for that date, more info see Huayna Picchu option. In the afternoon we have to take the bus from Machu Picchu inca city back to Aguas Calientes town (Machu picchu town) to take the train back to Ollantaytambo train station, where our transportation will be waiting for us to get us back to the hotel in Cusco. Meals not included, except breakfast which is included at hotel.
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Included on The Salkantay Trek 5 Days
- Private transportation from your hotel to the trailhead.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to the Salkantay trail.
- Entrance ticket to Tarawasi Inca ruins
- Round trip bus ticket in Machu Picchu town.
- Train ticket back to Cusco at the end of our hike.
- Train ticket from Hidroelectrica to Machu Picchu town.
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent (04 people tent for 02 people)
- Air sleeping pad (Therma rest), comes with pillows.
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- One night hotel in Machupicchu town.
- Private transportation from the train station to your hotel in Cusco on the last day.
- Trek Leader.
- Meals: Breakfast (4), lunch (4), dinner (3), and snacks.
- A professional chef.
- Horse and muleteer; horses carry 8 kl / 16 pounds your personal ítems.
- Duffel bag, to put in your personal gears, which will be carried by pack horses.
- Oxygen tank.
No Included on The Salkantay Trek 5 Days
- Sleeping bags (available for renting)
- Hiking poles (available for renting)
- First breakfast and last dinner on day 4.
- Extra expenditure during the trek or things of personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.such as soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Gratuities for the guides, porters or muleteers, and other staff (expected but not compulsory).
- Travel insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Prices & Dates
For us, Semi-Private journeys mean more intimate experiences with an average of 4 participants in a group and fully supported by private experienced staff.
Select your travel date and join our upcoming amazing journeys. No problem if your date does not match with other listed fixed departures, we can open a new departure just with you on any date you wish. Feel free to email us or call us at +51 984 464 391, +51 984 585 909 with any questions or to confirm availability over the phone.
|Number of participants
||Price per person
||Total ($ USD)
||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.
||$ 2 400.00
||$ 3 450.00
||$ 4 400.00
||$ 5 250.00
||We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.
(We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
(We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
Advantages of booking this trip in Private Service.
- Flexibility on dates: Choose your own dates, you decide when to start your journey.
- Perfect for families, group of mates (friends), honeymoon: Make this trip for you and your loved ones or someone special.
- Totally customizable: Travel the way you want; so you can travel exactly how you want. Book this trip as is or customize it to be as active or relaxed, rustic or luxurious as you wish to go. Perfect for multi-generational families and to celebrate a special anniversary or milestone birthday.
- Go at your own pace: Walk or explore on your own rhythm, forget to stay or keep up with the large groups. It's your own journey.
Note on Prices
- A personal porter included to carry your 8kg / 16 pounds personal items.
Prices are quoted in US Dollars and all payments must be made in US Dollars. Prices are per person based on SEMI-PRIVATE service; we depart with 2 ppl as a minimum, 8 ppl as maximum, and an average of 4 ppl in a group. This trek is also based on double occupancy for tents in the trail and a double twin-bed (matrimonial if requested) or triple occupancy in case of families or friends for hotel rooms, single rooms are subject to a single supplement fee.
Trip Payment Schedule
- At time of reservation: 30% of the total balance.
- 60 days prior to departure: Balance should be paid fully, or once upon your arrival in Cusco the other 70% of final balance must be paid fully.
Cancellation and Transfer Fee Schedule
- Minimum fee (hike permit fee): $130 per person
- 61-90 days prior to departure: 30% of trip cost
- 46-60 days prior to departure: 50% of trip cost
- 45 days or less: 100% of trip cost
What Makes Us Different!… Here’s, Why You Should Book With Us!
Making a choice of your right travel company/ tour operator is the most important decision you will make as you make your plans for a long-anticipated dreamed adventure. At first glance, some companies may seem cheaper. However, when you research a little deeper, you will see why traveling with Peru Summit Adventures assures that you will have the most memorable travel experience possible. In fact, we guarantee it, our TripAdvisor reviews say that.
Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translate to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices, here are the reasons why you should go with us!
Little insignificant details make all the difference to get a successful trip and an unforgettable experience, that’s the point where our tailor-made trip specialists and destination experts work intensely. No stone is left unturned in our quest to deliver exceptional private tours, trekking tours, and expeditions in Peru. With us, it’s all about you and your traveling mates too, for sure! We take your wants, needs, time constraints, budgets, and personal travel style into account to deliver experiences that are far from standard.
Safety is at the core of everything we do at Peru Summit Adventures. There is nothing that we take more seriously. Put away your concerns and start enjoying the trip of your life knowing that you are on safe and sound hands. Peru Summit Adventures is a registered trademark and a licensed company by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism (MINCETUR).
What an awesome to travel with someone who is from the same destination, a professional expert, it’s how you get the first-hand information. Our Peru Summit Adventures staff are friendly, funny, with deep knowledge on the route and destination, and great storytellers. We love what we do and it’s obvious. A simple concept, yes, but it makes all the difference. The team at Peru Summit Adventures all live and breathe the trip, experience, adventure, (you’ll see this when you arrive!). We love what we do, and it’s obvious. From the moment you arrive, you’ll feel the buzz and excitement that Peru Summit Adventures offers.
Could you imagine trying to hike silently along an isolated trail, carefully not disturbing shy wildlife, with 10 or 20 other travelers? Or walking on a remote area to explore the pristine wilderness with dozens of other tourists at your side? We know meaningful nature encounters must be undertaken in small groups. That’s why our trips come with an average of just four travelers, by far the smallest groups in the tourism industry across the country. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up wildlife experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
Besides, Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders.
We are very confident the quality of our Salkantay Trek 5 Days will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or outsource to other big group tour operators for their travelers, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither get our travelers to other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Probably you will see that most of the tour operators mention it on their websites that are local tour companies, however, if you research a little deeper you will find out that’s not true, they might be although half of the operation is done from here and another half abroad, they even have NorthAmerican phone number or European phone numbers, which is a clue to find out, we are not against the foreigner companies or half foreign companies, what we are against is that they lie.
In Cusco exist just few truly local tour operators. If you did not know, foreign companies come to Peru to get rich without paying a General Sales Tax or Tax Contribution to our country. If you did not know that, according to the United Nations, for every US $100 spent on a tour in a developing country or foreign travel companies, only $5 stays in the local economy. Normally, almost all of the money flows back to large companies operating outside the destination countries. As we are a local family enterprise, we guarantee that your travel expenditures will support the local economy, and improve the lives of Peruvians through contributing to general sales tax.
Be a responsible traveller! Let’s make this world a better place for everyone and for everyone that lives in it! The natural environments that we travel to are fragile and abundant with beautiful culture and traditions that are often reliant on tourism. We have a responsibility as travelers to minimize the impact of our presence, protect what is delicate, and leave a positive influence everywhere we can.
As a locally owned and based Peruvian tour company, we integrate these practices into our in-country operations we are aiming for a style of travel that makes the world a better place for everyone, and for everyone that lives in it. Since our very first days as a tour operator, responsible business has been at the heart of what we do. Peru Summit Adventures is committed not just to treading lightly, but to making a real difference by helping and investing in local communities, education initiatives, environmental conservation projects. These values are not more than just words, they are ingrained in the culture and philosophy of our crew, daily operations of Peru Summit Adventures trips, and at our office too.
Our Flawless Reviews | Your Words -- We Tell It Like It Is!
Experience of a lifetime
We had the most wonderful adventure celebrating our anniversary by hiking the Inca trail for four da
Amanda R from EEUU
Best trip of my life!
My experience, is an experience that i will cherish for the rest of my life for various reason. The
Michael P from EEUU
Trekking Machu Picchu
This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Carlos was our guide and made our experi
Sam E from EEUU
Custom Salkantay Trek for 13 Plus Wedding!
I cannot even begin to put into words what an amazing experience my group had with Peru Summit Adven
Meridith Craven from EEUU
Ausengate Trek – Best 5 Days so far!
I did the 5 day Ausengate Trek (including the rainbow Mountain) with a friend, these 5 days were the
Stefanie from EEUU
Salkantay Walk with Peru Summit
Recently along with some friends we walked the Salkantay Trek organised and guided by Peru Summit. P
Daryl S from EEUU
- Original passport and some copies.
- Travel insurance and some copies.
- Sleeping bag (available for renting).
- Sleeping bag liner.
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- hands sanitizer.
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Credit or debit card.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Diamox (acetazolamide), Aspirin, Band Aids, Anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).
Whats the Trip Like
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Trek Leaders or Guides Are Part of the Core of Peru Summit Adventures and Your Perfect Local Companion
The perfect custom-made private tours, adventure tours, or expeditions don’t just happen. It takes a team of talented, knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced professionals to bring it all together and possible. Our team of Peru Summit Adventures Leaders is comprised of local trip veterans, seasoned tour veterans with rich backgrounds on history, archaeology, culture, cuisine, geology, biology, and more.
With the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the travel industry, our Trip Leaders safely deliver your trip-of-a-lifetime to maximize your Peru journeys and adventures every step of the way. Our Tour/Trek Leaders have worked extensively in the Peru isolated mountains, archaeological sites, hiking the Inca Trail (at least 150 times), Amazon jungle, and being at Machu Picchu for over 400 times at least, this guarantees your trip a unique and memorable experience.
Extend your Experience
Rainbow Mountain Peru Trek 1 Day
1 Day from $ 140.00
Extended Sacred Valley Tour Cusco
1 Day from $ 150.00
Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 4 Days
4 Days from $ 620.00
Tambopata Reserve 3 Days
3 Days from $ 850.00
Camping Equipment: Great gear is a key part of every great journey, so we’ve made our gear warehouse featuring top-performing brands like Black Diamond, Patagonia, North Face Summit Series, Therma Rest, Marmot, Leki, this is a fantastic collection of our outdoor gear, accessories, which are offered in all trekking adventures, expeditions, and Peru Summit Adventures Logo items.
In all hikes, you’ll enjoy Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests.
Hotels: We select carefully our hotels in each destination all over the country. And we select our accommodations for how well they represent the distinctive character of the destination you’re in. Some of these rooms and cabanas draw their inspiration from history and others from the views they offer. What’s consistent, however, is that we stand by each and every one of these for what they’ll add to your experience.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Salkantay Trek 5 Days, Machu Picchu and Peru, Machu Picchu, and Peru travel books for this trip. Our reading list Peru is custom-designed to complement specific Peru Summit destinations. We feature a handpicked selection of travel guides, maps, literature, books on art, cuisine, nature, and culture, designed to help you get more out of your travels to Machu Picchu & Peru.