Ausangate Trek 4 Days Experience PLUS Rainbow Mountain!
Ausangate Trek 4 days–Feel the pulse of snow-clad mountains and the Rainbow Mountains on this 4-day hiking through one of Peru’s most timeless and wilderness regions.
An adventure trek designed for a smoother and leisurely hike in the remote place of Ausangate. This trek takes us truly off the beaten path, from the most iconic snow-capped mountains in the Vilcanota Range, and the Rainbow Mountains to the best trails of uncrowded Ausangate trail. You’ll hike through an exquisite setting of gleaming glacial lakes, coloured hills, herds of llamas and alpacas, waterfalls, and the dazzling peaks and glaciers of Ausangate (20,956ft). At the end of each exhilarating day, you’ll be welcomed at our unique camp sites in dramatic settings, each one featuring private roomy tents, dining tent, toilet tent and, delightful cuisine! Your ultimate reward is an exploration of ethereal Rainbow Mountains, an impressive natural formation colored hills–Ausangate trek 4 days.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
UPGRADED COMFORT: Premium or Comfort trips are led by Peru Summit Adventures experts, an experienced crew at your side, or top trip leaders/guides, and tap into private local experts' resources to allow for in-depth exploration and special access to unique sites that only the local leaders/guides know. Itineraries are carefully crafted and fully planned, with plenty of free time to roam. Camping gears are high-end and accommodations are high-end or best available. Ground transportation and most meals (especially in hikes) and activities are included in the trip price.
MODERATE – DEMANDING, Travelers should be physically fit and prepared for multiple hours of activity. Certain days might have more challenging physical activities with full-day hikes (6-8 hours), mountainous, steep terrain (hiking up or down as much as 2,400 feet). 2-day to 3-day trips with hiking at average altitudes of 10,000 to 13,000 feet are in this category.
Hiking, Camping, Archaeology & Cultural Adventures
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountains 4 Days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests.
Min 2 ppl, Max 8 ppl
Minimum of 02 people is needed to depart. Family groups, couple travelers, friends, or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our trips. Price is per person, which is based on two people who might share a room/tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services as well as semi-private service; however, if you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
No, the number of people to visit this park is not limited yet, the entrance ticket is purchased at the main checkpoint (the entrance ticket is included); thus you could book this hike even a week in advance.
Please allow a minimum of 2 days in Cusco city before your hike begins to Ausangate Trek 5 Days.
Why experience the Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountains 4 Days
Since 2014 and since the very first day of our operation, Peru Summit has been blazing new trails, new ways of experiencing in Ausangate trek 4 days and Rainbow Mountain. Our trailblazing is just one reason we are a uniquely qualified local company to ensure you have a trip of a lifetime.
- View ice-clad Ausangate mountain, and the diverse ecosystems of the Cordillera Vilcanota.
- Trek in a high Andean realm close by to herd of llamas, and alpacas. Stay in a mountain 4 season roomy tents (Black Diamond tents, North Face Summit Series tents).
- Travel & Trek with someone who hiked the Inca Trail for over 300 times, Salkantay Trek for over 200 times, Choquequirao Trek for over 150 times, Ausangate Trek 4 days for over 100 times, Lares Trek for over 50 times, being at Machu Picchu for over 600 times.
- Explore the unique natural formations on earth the Rainbow Mountain with a specialist guide.
- A trek designed for a smoother and leisurely experience in the remote place of Ausangate.
- Camp along remote mountainsides, where we can savor peaceful nights beneath a star-filled sky.
- Enjoy the comforts of our legendary Ausangate Trek 4 days camping services—the best on the trail!
- Fully supported trek by an emergency horse, horseman, and private trek leader.
- Your own private guide, muleteers, horses, delicious camp cuisine prepared by your personal cook.
- Small groups, Big adventures (min 2 – max 8 / average 4 people)
- Direct & official local tour operator with headquarter in Cusco, accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism.
Our trek begins at hotel at 5:00 am, we will then drive for 3 hours to get the Upis town (12,464ft), where we will meet up our muleteers and get ready our rucksacks to start the great adventure. We will hike up through the highland valley inhabited by herds of llamas and alpacas. Upon our arrival to Upis hot springs (13,776ft) we will enjoy our first just made lunch, and we will camp at this place, in the afternoon you will have a chance to plunge into the thermal pools whose cost is 10 PEN, or just walking around trying to shoot the best sunset on the summit of Ausangate. All meals included.
- Hiking Time: 5 hours approx…
- Hiking Distance: 10 km / 6.21 miles
A great hot coca tea wakes us up this morning, after having a nutritious breakfast we will start hiking up on a winding path to get the first pass Arapa (15,748 ft), We will then continue hiking downhill to get our lunch spot located at an impressive spot, right next to the glacial lake of Yana Qocha with backdrops of stunning snow-clad of Ausangate mountain. After lunch, our trek continues through the highland plain to the second camp site of Puka Qocha (15,088) located just close by to the Ausangate Mountain and glacier lakes whre the ice body is crashing into the lakes. At night the sky will treat us with clear view to shoot amazing Milky Way photos. All meals included.
- Hiking Time: 6 – 7 hours
- Hiking Distance: 11 km / 6.83 miles
A nutritious breakfast makes us ready for today, we will start hiking up on steep switchback trail to reach the second pass located at an altitude of 16,404 ft, from this point we will start to see snow-capped mountains going in different directions and highland red valleys with red hills. Our hike continues downhill to the valley part, we will then hike up to reach the next lunch spot called Ananta 15,092 ft, set in a highland valley with amazing views around. After lunch, we will continue trekking uphill for 2 hours to reach the next pass called Warmisaya 16,404 ft from this place, we will be able to spot the Rainbow Mountain in a further distance and views are still very impressive. The last section is downhill for 30 minutes to get the third campsite located at Qomer Qocha 15,354 ft. All meals included.
- Hiking Time: 7-8 hours
- Hiking Distance: 11 km / 6.83 miles
A great day awaits us as we hike one of the most beautiful trails in Cusco region! from our campsite we will hike up for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach our last destination–Rainbow Mountain. Upon our arrival we will take enough time to savor this unique place, after that, we will walk down the valley to reach our next lunch spot, next, we will say goodbye to our muleteers, cooks, and we will eventually drive back to your hotel in Cusco.
- Hiking time: 3-4 hours
- Hiking distance: 6 km / 3.72 miles
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Included on The Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountains 4 Days
- Private transport from hotel to Upis.
- Private transport back to hotel from Qesuyunoc town at the end of our journey.
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent in Black Diamond or North Face Summit Series brand (04 people tent for 02 people)
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- Air sleeping pads (therma-rest) come with pillows.
- Entrance tickets to the park.
- Trek Leader, Our Leaders are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
- Meals: Breakfast (4), lunch (4), dinner (3), and snacks.
- A professional Quechua chef.
- Horses, and muleteers; horses carry your 8-kg / 16-pound personal items.
- Emergency Horse to escort us during the trek.
- Oxygen tank.
No Included on The Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountains 4 Days
- Sleeping bags, you might get them rented from us US$5 per day.
- Hiking poles, you might get them rented from us a pair of poles, Black Diamond or leki brand
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot Springs.
- Tipping for the trek leader, porters or muleteers, and other staff.
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Prices & Dates
|Number of participants
||Price per person
||Total ($ USD)
||The experts at Peru Summit Adventures specialize in crafting highly customized journeys. We have special rates for SOLO travelers. We look forward to answering your questions about your upcoming travel plans. Get started by filling out the information below.
||The experts at Peru Summit Adventures specialize in crafting highly customized journeys. We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. We look forward to answering your questions about your upcoming travel plans. Get started by filling out the information below.
Note on Prices
- A personal porter included to carry your 8kg / 16 pounds personal items.
Prices are quoted in US Dollars and all payments must be made in US Dollars. To offer the lowest possible cost, our trips are tier priced according to the number of full-paying participants on the trip, our trips are based on semi-private service with a limit to 8 participants in a group. All costs are per person, based on double occupancy for tents in the trail.
Trip Payment Schedule
- At time of reservation: 30% of the total balance.
- 60 days prior to departure: Balance should be paid fully, or once upon your arrival in Cusco the other 70% of final balance must be paid fully.
Cancellation and Transfer Fee Schedule
- Minimum fee (hike permit fee): $70 per person
- 61-90 days prior to departure: 30% of trip cost
- 46-60 days prior to departure: 50% of trip cost
- 45 days or less: 100% of trip cost
What Makes Us Different!… Here’s, Why You Should Book With Us!
Making a choice of your right travel company/ tour operator is the most important decision you will make as you make your plans for a long-anticipated dreamed adventure. At first glance, some companies may seem cheaper. However, when you research a little deeper, you will see why traveling with Peru Summit Adventures assures that you will have the most memorable travel experience possible. In fact, we guarantee it, our TripAdvisor reviews say that.
Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translate to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices, here are the reasons why you should go with us!
Little insignificant details make all the difference to get a successful trip and an unforgettable experience, that’s the point where our tailor-made trip specialists and destination experts work intensely. No stone is left unturned in our quest to deliver exceptional private tours, trekking tours, and expeditions in Peru. With us, it’s all about you and your traveling mates too, for sure! We take your wants, needs, time constraints, budgets, and personal travel style into account to deliver experiences that are far from standard.
Safety is at the core of everything we do at Peru Summit Adventures. There is nothing that we take more seriously. Put away your concerns and start enjoying the trip of your life knowing that you are on safe and sound hands. Peru Summit Adventures is a registered trademark and a licensed company by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism (MINCETUR).
What an awesome to travel with someone who is from the same destination, a professional expert, it’s how you get the first-hand information. Our Peru Summit Adventures staff are friendly, funny, with deep knowledge on the route and destination, and great storytellers. We love what we do and it’s obvious. A simple concept, yes, but it makes all the difference. The team at Peru Summit Adventures all live and breathe the trip, experience, adventure, (you’ll see this when you arrive!). We love what we do, and it’s obvious. From the moment you arrive, you’ll feel the buzz and excitement that Peru Summit Adventures offers.
Could you imagine trying to hike silently along an isolated trail, carefully not disturbing shy wildlife, with 10 or 20 other travelers? Or walking on a remote area to explore the pristine wilderness with dozens of other tourists at your side? We know meaningful nature encounters must be undertaken in small groups. That’s why our trips come with an average of just four travelers, by far the smallest groups in the tourism industry across the country. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up wildlife experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
Besides, Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders.
We are very confident the quality of our Ausangate Trek 4 Days will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or outsource to other big group tour operators for their travelers, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither get our travelers to other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Probably you will see that most of the tour operators mention it on their websites that are local tour companies, however, if you research a little deeper you will find out that’s not true, they might be although half of the operation is done from here and another half abroad, they even have NorthAmerican phone number or European phone numbers, which is a clue to find out, we are not against the foreigner companies or half foreign companies, what we are against is that they lie.
In Cusco exist just few truly local tour operators. If you did not know, foreign companies come to Peru to get rich without paying a General Sales Tax or Tax Contribution to our country. If you did not know that, according to the United Nations, for every US $100 spent on a tour in a developing country or foreign travel companies, only $5 stays in the local economy. Normally, almost all of the money flows back to large companies operating outside the destination countries. As we are a local family enterprise, we guarantee that your travel expenditures will support the local economy, and improve the lives of Peruvians through contributing to general sales tax.
Be a responsible traveller! Let’s make this world a better place for everyone and for everyone that lives in it! The natural environments that we travel to are fragile and abundant with beautiful culture and traditions that are often reliant on tourism. We have a responsibility as travelers to minimize the impact of our presence, protect what is delicate, and leave a positive influence everywhere we can.
As a locally owned and based Peruvian tour company, we integrate these practices into our in-country operations we are aiming for a style of travel that makes the world a better place for everyone, and for everyone that lives in it. Since our very first days as a tour operator, responsible business has been at the heart of what we do. Peru Summit Adventures is committed not just to treading lightly, but to making a real difference by helping and investing in local communities, education initiatives, environmental conservation projects. These values are not more than just words, they are ingrained in the culture and philosophy of our crew, daily operations of Peru Summit Adventures trips, and at our office too.
Our Flawless Reviews | Your Words -- We Tell It Like It Is!
Experience of a lifetime
We had the most wonderful adventure celebrating our anniversary by hiking the Inca trail for four da
Amanda R from EEUU
Best trip of my life!
My experience, is an experience that i will cherish for the rest of my life for various reason. The
Michael P from EEUU
Trekking Machu Picchu
This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Carlos was our guide and made our experi
Sam E from EEUU
Custom Salkantay Trek for 13 Plus Wedding!
I cannot even begin to put into words what an amazing experience my group had with Peru Summit Adven
Meridith Craven from EEUU
Ausengate Trek – Best 5 Days so far!
I did the 5 day Ausengate Trek (including the rainbow Mountain) with a friend, these 5 days were the
Stefanie from EEUU
Salkantay Walk with Peru Summit
Recently along with some friends we walked the Salkantay Trek organised and guided by Peru Summit. P
Daryl S from EEUU
- Original passport and some copies.
- Travel insurance and some copies.
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent (recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles (or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Ear Plugs.
- Hands sanitizer
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Credit or debit card.
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Diamox (Acetozolamide), Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen), Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).
Whats the Trip Like
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Trek Leaders or Guides Are Part of the Core of Peru Summit Adventures and Your Perfect Local Companion
The perfect custom-made private tours, adventure tours, or expeditions don’t just happen. It takes a team of talented, knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced professionals to bring it all together and possible. Our team of Peru Summit Adventures Leaders is comprised of local trip veterans, seasoned tour veterans with rich backgrounds on history, archaeology, culture, cuisine, geology, biology, and more.
With the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the travel industry, our Trip Leaders safely deliver your trip-of-a-lifetime to maximize your Peru journeys and adventures every step of the way. Our Tour/Trek Leaders have worked extensively in the Peru isolated mountains, archaeological sites, hiking the Inca Trail (at least 150 times), Amazon jungle, and being at Machu Picchu for over 400 times at least, this guarantees your trip a unique and memorable experience.
Extend your Experience
Extended Sacred Valley Tour Cusco
1 Day from $ 99.00
Manu National Park 4 Days
4 Days from $ 770.00
Short Inca Trail 2 Days
2 Days from $ 500.00
Inca Trail 4 Days
4 Days from $ 850.00
Camping Equipment: Great gear is a key part of every great journey, so we’ve made our gear warehouse featuring top-performing brands like Black Diamond, Patagonia, North Face Summit Series, Therma Rest, Marmot, Leki, this is a fantastic collection of our outdoor gear, accessories, which are offered in all trekking adventures, expeditions, and Peru Summit Adventures Logo items.
In all hikes, you’ll enjoy Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountains 4 Days, Machu Picchu and Peru, Machu Picchu, and Peru travel books for this trip. Our reading list Peru is custom-designed to complement specific Peru Summit destinations. We feature a handpicked selection of travel guides, maps, literature, books on art, cuisine, nature, and culture, designed to help you get more out of your travels to Machu Picchu & Peru.