Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days Experience, A Real Off The Beaten Track to Machu Picchu!
Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days–Peru Summit Adventures has been exploring Cusco for 10 years, and we know this magical realm at the “uttermost ends of the earth” like no other company! Our signature journey to both the Highlands and Cloud Forest sides of the Andes range explores the secluded mountains of Urubamba Range and Vilcabamba range along the Urubamba Valley, and the stupendous granite-and-forest realms of Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Our 4-day Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu is a dramatic one (with a bit of a challenge!), but well rewarded with exhilarating days on the trail, spectacular mountainside campsites, and views of ice-draped summits and glaciers at every turn. On our magnificent trek, you’ll circle the mountain, crossing several Incan archaeological sites with near-constant panoramas of towering Andean giants, including Wakaywillka (Veronica). Our ultimate destination to explore is Machu Picchu a unique place on the earth perched high above the Urubamba Range
At trek’s end, our optional extension to hike Montaña (Mountain) Machu Picchu (10,125′) offers dazzling 360-degree views into the heart of the Cordillera Urubamba.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book your spot today!
This Inca Quarry Trail Trek is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
UPGRADED COMFORT: Premium or Comfort trips are led by Peru Summit Adventures experts, an experienced crew at your side, or top trip leaders/guides, and tap into private local experts' resources to allow for in-depth exploration and special access to unique sites that only the local leaders/guides know. Itineraries are carefully crafted and fully planned, with plenty of free time to roam. Camping gears are high-end and accommodations are high-end or best available. Ground transportation and most meals (especially in hikes) and activities are included in the trip price.
STRENUOUS: Designed for experienced active travelers in excellent physical condition. Full-day hikes (6-9 hours), mountainous, steep terrain (hiking up or down as much as 3,500 ft) on many hikes. 4-day to 6-day trips with hiking at average altitudes of 10,000 to 14,500 ft are in this category with some exposed sections.
Hiking, Camping, Archaeology & Cultural Adventures
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests. Our hotel in Machu Picchu town is the Inti Punku Suites & Hotels (or a similar hotel) a lovely hotel for pleasant rest.
Min 2 ppl, Max 8 ppl
Minimum of 02 people is needed to depart. Family groups, couple travelers, friends, or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our trips. Price is per person, which is based on two people who might share a room/tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services as well as semi-private service; however, if you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
Yes. To protect MACHU PICCHU, the number of people allowed a day is limited to 4500 (spaces may vary depending on new regulations). That is why you should reserve your space as soon as possible. Spaces can be filled up three to four months in advance. Spaces fill more quickly in the high tourist season, from May to September.
Please allow a minimum of 2 days in Cusco city before your hike begins to Inca Quarry Trek Machu Picchu 4 Days.
Why experience the Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
Since 2014 and since the very first day of our operation, Peru Summit Adventures has been blazing new trails, new ways of experiencing in Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days. Our trailblazing is just one reason we are a uniquely qualified local company to ensure you have a trip of a lifetime.
- Explore Incan archaeological remains along the trail with a private Trek Leader.
- Taste our innovative cuisine made by our professional cook like “Peru Summit Quinoa Salad®”
- Travel & Trek with someone who hiked the Inca Trail for over 300 times, Salkantay Trek for over 200 times, Choquequirao Trek for over 150 times, Ausangate Trek for over 100 times, Lares Trek for over 50 times, Inca Quarry Trail Trek for over 50 times, being at Machu Picchu for over 600 times.
- Experience our perfectly designed trek in the Urubamba Range to Machu Picchu
- Spectacular campsites by incredible views of glacier-clad peaks.
- Exploration at Cachicata, the main Incan Quarry, that was used for the city buildings in Ollantaytambo.
- Savor panoramic views of the Sacred Valley of the Incas (Urubamba Valley) from atop breathtaking passes.
- Full service camping, including a comfortable dining tent.
- Spend the last day at ethereal Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas” with a private guide.
- Optional hike to the Machu Picchu Montaña (mountain).
- Direct & official local tour operator with headquarter in Cusco, accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism.
DAY 1: Cusco - Socma - Perolniqyoc - Rayan
We head out to Soqma Village 10,512 ft, early in the morning, by driving for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, which is the trailhead to start our hiking. At this point we’ll meet up our horses and muleteers, get ready our hiking gears, and we’ll have our breakfast, after enjoying the breakfast we’ll start hiking up following a small valley to Perolniyoq a small Incan site perched atop the mountain, but previously we’ll see a nice waterfall, a perfect place to shoot some pictures. Once our arrival to the Incan site, you’ll have an explanation about the history of this site by our Trek Leader. We will then continue to our lunch spot and the first camp site for about 1 hour where we’ll enjoy a just prepared lunch, which comes with starter, soup, main course, dessert, tea (coca), in our dining tent overlooking to a great scenery around. Lunch and breakfast included.
- Hiking Time: 5 – 6 hours
- Hiking Distance: 4.97 miles / 8 km
- Physical Rating: Moderate
DAY 2: Rayaniyoq – Gate of the Sun (Inti Punku) – Choquetakarpo
A great breakfast makes us ready for today’s adventure, right after having our early breakfast we’ll follow the trail up to first pass called Pukaqasa 14,366′ for about 3 hours. We’ll have the first dramatic vistas from atop the Urubamba Valley and snow-clad mountains in further directions.
Next, hiking downhill for about 30 minutes from the pass, we’ll get our lunch spot. After lunch, we’ll hike up on the trail that winds up to the highest point on the whole trail called Kuichikasa 14,596′ a place with stunning views in every direction. After a while, we’ll hike downhill for about 2 hours and 30 minutes to reach an Incan jewel which is the Gate of the Sun, INTIPUNKU in Quechua language with near-constant vistas of Wakaywillka snowcapped mountain in the Urubamba range, hiking 30 more minutes from Inti Punku we’ll reach our next camp site called Choquetakarpo at 11,874′, all meals included.
- Hiking Time: 8 – 9 hours
- Hiking Distance: 9.32 miles / 15 km
- Physical Rating: Moderate, Strenuous
DAY 3: Choquetakarpo - Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu Town
Today’s adventure gets us to Cachicata for about 45 minutes by the downhill section of the trail. Cachicata a main Incan rock quarry located 5 miles away from Ollantaytambo, it was a place where the ancient Incan stone-cutters carved, polished the rocks to build the Temple of the Sun in Ollantaytambo, at this place our Trek Leader will deliver a great history about this place. After the place exploration, we’ll continue hiking down to the Sacred Valley of the Incas for 2 hours and 30 minutes where Ollantaytambo town is located. Today we’ll have our last lunch at a restaurant in Ollantaytambo town, as well as you will have a chance to explore the cobblestone streets of this town before taking the train to Machu Picchu pueblo. In the afternoon, we’ll take our train to Aguas Calientes Town (Machu Picchu Pueblo) upon our arrival we’ll make our check-in at the hotel. All meals included, except dinner, for a good choice of the restaurant get some recommendations from your Trek Leader.
- Hiking Time: 3 – 4 hours
- Hiking Distance: 4.97 miles / 8 km
- Physical Rating: Moderate
DAY 4: Machu Picchu Guided Tour - Back to Cusco
A full morning exploration of Machu Picchu affords us the luxury of exploring at a leisurely pace while learning more about the Inca culture and the latest theories behind the construction of this marvelous complex. We have an early breakfast and head up to the ruins by shuttle bus before the morning tourist train arrives in order to fully enjoy the peace and solitude of this mystical place. Our knowledgeable Leader leads us on a fascinating tour, recapping Machu Picchu’s rediscovery by Hiram Bingham in 1911 and explaining the significance of the various structures that cover the grounds. We then have the chance to indulge ourselves with a hike to the dramatic viewpoint of Intipunku (the Sun’s Gateway), or a variety of other intriguing possibilities including an easy walk to an ancient Inca drawbridge or more vigorous hike to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain based on permit availability both peaks loom above the ruins. Of course, we can also choose to independently continue our exploration of the main site and daydream about what life must have been like here centuries ago. We catch the afternoon train to Ollantaytambo and from there take the bus back to Cusco, arriving at hotel at about 7:00 p.m. The day concludes with our Leader joining us for a final celebration dinner at a traditional local restaurant. Only breakfast included, the rest of meals don’t include.
Hiking Optional Huayna Picchu / Machu Picchu Montaña. Hike may be unguided and is steep with some exposure. Permits are limited to 400 spaces a day. An alternative optional hike may be available if Huayna Picchu permits cannot be obtained.
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Included on the Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
- Private transport from your hotel to the start of the trail.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- One night hotel*** in Machupicchu town.
- Bus tickets up and down in Machupicchu town, the day of guided tour.
- Round trip train ticket.
- Camping Equipment Black Diamond / North Face 4 season tent (04 people tent for 02 people).
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- Private transport from the train station to hotel in Cusco.
- Trek Leader for the whole trail and Machu Picchu.
- First-Aid Kits, Oxygen tank.
- Meals: Breakfast (3), lunch (3), dinner (2), and snacks, with option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose free.
- A professional Quechua chef who grew up in the countryside.
- Horses and muleteers to carry your personal gears.
- Air sleeping pad (Therma-Rest mattresses) and Pillow.
- Duffle bag, where to put your 16 pounds of personal items.
- Outdoor toilet tent.
Not Included on the Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
- Sleeping bags, you might get them rented from us US$ 5 per day.
- Hiking poles, you might get them rented from us US$5 per day a pair of poles, Black Diamond or Leki brand.
- Breakfast on day 1, hotels always provide breakfast.
- Last dinner on 3rd day.
- Last lunch on 4th day.
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot springs in Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes).
- Travel Insurance.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
- International or internal airfare, transfers for independent arrival or departure, any meals not specified after each itinerary day in the Detailed Itinerary, airport departure taxes, optional tipping or gratuities to leaders or staff, additional hotel nights that may be necessitated by airline schedule changes or other factors, expenses such as medical immunizations (if any), travel insurance, or passports and visas, and other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
Prices & Dates
|Number of participants||Price per person||Total ($ USD)|
|1 Participant||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.||Enquire Now|
|2 Participants||$ 900.00||$ 1 800.00||Enquire Now|
|3 Participants||$ 860.00||$ 2 580.00||Enquire Now|
|4 Participants||$ 820.00||$ 3 280.00||Enquire Now|
|5 Participants||$ 780.00||$ 3 900.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ Participants||We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.||Enquire Now|
(We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
(We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
- Flexibility on dates: Choose your own dates, you decide when to start your journey.
- Perfect for families, group of mates (friends), honeymoon: Make this trip for you and your loved ones or someone special.
- Totally customizable: Travel the way you want; so you can travel exactly how you want. Book this trip as is or customize it to be as active or relaxed, rustic or luxurious as you wish to go. Perfect for multi-generational families and to celebrate a special anniversary or milestone birthday.
- Go at your own pace: Walk or explore on your own rhythm, forget to stay or keep up with the large groups. It's your own journey.
Note on Prices
- A personal porter included to carry your 8kg / 16 pounds personal items.
Prices are quoted in US Dollars and all payments must be made in US Dollars. Prices are per person based on SEMI-PRIVATE service; we depart with 2 ppl as a minimum, 8 ppl as maximum, and an average of 4 ppl in a group. This trek is also based on double occupancy for tents in the trail and a double twin-bed (matrimonial if requested) or triple occupancy in case of families or friends for hotel rooms, single rooms are subject to a single supplement fee.
Trip Payment Schedule
- At time of reservation: 30% of the total balance.
- 60 days prior to departure: Balance should be paid fully, or once upon your arrival in Cusco the other 70% of final balance must be paid fully.
Cancellation and Transfer Fee Schedule
- Minimum fee (hike permit fee): $110 per person
- 61-90 days prior to departure: 30% of trip cost
- 46-60 days prior to departure: 50% of trip cost
- 45 days or less: 100% of trip cost
What Makes Us Different!… Here’s, Why You Should Book With Us!
Making a choice of your right travel company/ tour operator is the most important decision you will make as you make your plans for a long-anticipated dreamed adventure. At first glance, some companies may seem cheaper. However, when you research a little deeper, you will see why traveling with Peru Summit Adventures assures that you will have the most memorable travel experience possible. In fact, we guarantee it, our TripAdvisor reviews say that.
Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translate to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices, here are the reasons why you should go with us!
1. We Focus on Details
2. Our Safety Record is Flawless
3. Knowledge and Expertise
4. The Smallest Groups en Route “Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days” – Averaging Just 4 Travelers
Besides, Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders.
5. We Deliver on Our Promises
We are very confident the quality of our Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
6. The Best Fare For The Best Trip
7. You Book, You Go…Don’t Worry… We Won’t Cancel
8. We are Local Entrepreneurs, A Family Enterprise (we are not a gringo company)
Probably you will see that most of the tour operators mention it on their websites that are local tour companies, however, if you research a little deeper you will find out that’s not true, they might be although half of the operation is done from here and another half abroad, they even have NorthAmerican phone number or European phone numbers, which is a clue to find out, we are not against the foreigner companies or half foreign companies, what we are against is that they lie.
In Cusco exist just few truly local tour operators. If you did not know, foreign companies come to Peru to get rich without paying a General Sales Tax or Tax Contribution to our country. If you did not know that, according to the United Nations, for every US $100 spent on a tour in a developing country or foreign travel companies, only $5 stays in the local economy. Normally, almost all of the money flows back to large companies operating outside the destination countries. As we are a local family enterprise, we guarantee that your travel expenditures will support the local economy, and improve the lives of Peruvians through contributing to general sales tax.
9. Responsible Travel
Be a responsible traveller! Let’s make this world a better place for everyone and for everyone that lives in it! The natural environments that we travel to are fragile and abundant with beautiful culture and traditions that are often reliant on tourism. We have a responsibility as travelers to minimize the impact of our presence, protect what is delicate, and leave a positive influence everywhere we can.
As a locally owned and based Peruvian tour company, we integrate these practices into our in-country operations we are aiming for a style of travel that makes the world a better place for everyone, and for everyone that lives in it. Since our very first days as a tour operator, responsible business has been at the heart of what we do. Peru Summit Adventures is committed not just to treading lightly, but to making a real difference by helping and investing in local communities, education initiatives, environmental conservation projects. These values are not more than just words, they are ingrained in the culture and philosophy of our crew, daily operations of Peru Summit Adventures trips, and at our office too.
Our Flawless Reviews | Your Words -- We Tell It Like It Is!
Experience of a lifetime
Amanda R from EEUURead more...
Best trip of my life!
Michael P from EEUURead more...
Trekking Machu Picchu
Sam E from EEUURead more...
Custom Salkantay Trek for 13 Plus Wedding!
Meridith Craven from EEUURead more...
Ausengate Trek – Best 5 Days so far!
Stefanie from EEUURead more...
Salkantay Walk with Peru Summit
Daryl S from EEUURead more...
- Original passport and some copies.
- Travel insurance and some copies.
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent (recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles (or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Ear Plugs.
- Hands sanitizer
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Credit or debit card.
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Diamox (Acetozolamide), Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen), Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).
Whats the Trip Like
Weather in Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
Trek Leaders or Guides Are Part of the Core of Peru Summit Adventures and Your Perfect Local Companion
The perfect custom-made private tours, adventure tours, or expeditions don’t just happen. It takes a team of talented, knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced professionals to bring it all together and possible. Our team of Peru Summit Adventures Leaders is comprised of local trip veterans, seasoned tour veterans with rich backgrounds on history, archaeology, culture, cuisine, geology, biology, and more.
With the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the travel industry, our Trip Leaders safely deliver your trip-of-a-lifetime to maximize your Peru journeys and adventures every step of the way. Our Tour/Trek Leaders have worked extensively in the Peru isolated mountains, archaeological sites, hiking the Inca Trail (at least 150 times), Amazon jungle, and being at Machu Picchu for over 400 times at least, this guarantees your trip a unique and memorable experience.
Extend your Experience
Camping Equipment: Great gear is a key part of every great journey, so we’ve made our gear warehouse featuring top-performing brands like Black Diamond, Patagonia, North Face Summit Series, Therma Rest, Marmot, Leki, this is a fantastic collection of our outdoor gear, accessories, which are offered in all trekking adventures, expeditions, and Peru Summit Adventures Logo items.
In all hikes, you’ll enjoy Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests.
Hotels: We select carefully our hotels in each destination all over the country. And we select our accommodations for how well they represent the distinctive character of the destination you’re in. Some of these rooms and cabanas draw their inspiration from history and others from the views they offer. What’s consistent, however, is that we stand by each and every one of these for what they’ll add to your experience.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days, Machu Picchu and Peru, Machu Picchu, and Peru travel books for this trip. Our reading list Peru is custom-designed to complement specific Peru Summit destinations. We feature a handpicked selection of travel guides, maps, literature, books on art, cuisine, nature, and culture, designed to help you get more out of your travels to Machu Picchu & Peru.