Ausangate Trek 3 Days
This shorter Ausangate trek 3 days is perfect if you’re looking for an adventure that’s as challenging as it is rewarding and at the same time to see the best part of Ausangate.
The massif ice of Ausangate, colored red valleys, turquoise lagoons, and the spire towering peaks that’s even more remote than nearby Cusco, but you’ll see that too. Because of its less-to-know location, the area sees relatively few visitors. This means you’ll get to experience local history in near-solitude, surrounded by nothing but dramatic vistas and spanning mountains. Spectacular views of the Andes are all along the trek in Ausangate, a journey filled with pure wilderness, breathtaking vistas, locals in typical usages, herds of llamas/ alpacas, and a visit to Rainbow Mountain.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at email@example.com to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco
- Perfect for everyone whose time is limited but keen to see the best part of Ausangate, ending the adventure at Rainbow Mountain.
- View the best part of ice-clad Ausangate mountain and diverse mountainscape of the Vilcanota range.
- Hike in a high Andean realm nearby herd of llamas, and alpacas.
- Enjoy the comforts of our legendary Ausangate Trek 3 days camping services—the best on the trail!
- Fully supported trek by private trek leader, an emergency horse, horseman, and your own trekking crew.
- Camp along wilderness mountainsides, where we can savor peaceful nights beneath a star-filled sky.
Group Size: We need a minimum of 02 people to depart to Ausangate trek 3 days. Family groups, friend travelers, couple travelers or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our adventure to Machu Picchu. Prices are per person which are based on two people who might share a room / tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services; however, you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
The Smallest Groups en Route—Averaging Just 4 Travelers!
Could you imagine trying to hike silently along an isolated trail, carefully not disturbing shy wildlife, with 10 or 20 other travelers? Or walking on a remote area to explore the pristine wilderness with dozens of other tourists at your side? We know meaningful nature encounters must be undertaken in small groups. That’s why our trips come with an average of just four travelers, by far the smallest groups in the tourism industry across the country. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up wildlife experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
We Deliver on Our Promises
We are very confident the quality of our journeys will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business!
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
Service Level: Upgraded/ Comfort.
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
STRENUOUS, Full-day hikes (6-8 hours), mountainous, steep terrain (hiking up or down as much as 3,500 feet) on many hikes. Trips with hiking at average altitudes of 10,000 to 14,500 feet are in this category.
Activities: Hiking / Trekking, Camping
Accommodations: North Face Summit Series and Black Diamond 4 season tents are provided, tents are roomy and comfortable used only by two people, come with air sleeping pads “Therma-Rest”, and Pillows.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate trek 3 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Price: From US$ 490 / 3 Days / per person
- A personal porter included to carry your 8kg / 16 pounds personal items.
The price is based on two-person. Whether you would like to take a private service, our service would increase in US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person. We need a minimum of two people to run the tour to Ausangate trek 4 days. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people. To ensure a private tour with us, our price increases US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
The Best Fare For The Best Trip
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
You Book, You Go…Don’t Worry… We Won’t Cancel!
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or outsource their travelers to other big groups tour operators, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither outsource other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Request a Quote: We can customize this private trek just for you. Any detail can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and other destinations. Call us at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote, Here.
Day 1. Cusco – Upis – Yana Qocha
We pick you up from your hotel at 5:30 am to leave the city of Cusco, we will then have three and a half hours driving to get Upis town, along the way we will see picturesque towns, and we will stop for a couple of times to enjoy the sceneries, once we arrive in Upis (the headtrail, 4,350m/ 14,272ft) we will meet up our local muleteers, horses, and get ready for the adventure, we will hike gradually uphill for about 2 hours and 30 minutes following the highland valley inhabited by llamas and alpacas with dramatic vistas of Ausangate in backdrop to get the lunch spot located in Pamparapa (4,600m / 15,092 feet). Today, we’ll have lunch at a very scenic spot still with Ausangate Mt at the background. After eating the delicious meal, we’ll still hike up for about 3 hours and 30 minutes to get the first campsite, called Yana Qocha 4,650 m / 15,256 ft, from lunch spot we’ll hike for two hours to get the first pass called Arapa pass 4,800 m/ 15,748 ft, at this point we’ll be impressed by stunning views of eroded mountains, and highland valleys. We will then hike downhill for 1 hour and 30 minutes to get the campsite, a place with amazing views around of the Ausangate mountain. Lunch and dinner included.
Hiking Time: 6 – 7 hours
Hiking Distance: 12 km / 7.46 miles
Lowest Point: 4,350 m / 14,272 ft
Highest Point: 4,800 m / 15,748 ft
Day 2, Yana Qocha – Qomer Qocha
In the morning we will have a beautiful sunrise at the top of towering rocks and mountains, we will enjoy this view while having our breakfast, after having breakfast we will start trekking on an uneven trail (up and downs) this section of the trail is one of the most picturesque ones, as the blue and turquoise colored lagoons surround the bottom part of the massif Ausangate mountain 6.384 m / 20,945 ft, the highest mountain in Cusco. After hiking for 1 hour and 30 minutes, we will start hiking up on a switchback trail to the next pass at 5,000 m / 16,404 ft. In which, we will enjoy the very dramatic vistas of Vilcanota range going in different directions, colored hills, and the glacier peaks. From this pass, we will hike downhill to get the valley part and follow up the valley to reach our lunch spot located at the place called Ananta 4,650 m/ 15,256 ft. After lunch, we will continue trekking uphill for 2 hours to reach the next pass called Warmisaya 5,000 m / 16,404 ft from this place, we will be able to spot the Rainbow Mountain in a further distance and views are still very impressive. The last section is downhill for 30 minutes to get the second campsite located at Qomer Qocha 4,680 m / 15,354 ft. All meals included.
Hiking Time: 8 – 9 hours
Hiking Distance: 12 km / 7.46 miles
Lowest Point: 4,600 m / 15,092 ft
Highest Point: 5,000 m / 16,404 ft
Day 3. Qomer Qocha – Rainbow Mountains – Cusco
A great day awaits us as we hike one of the most beautiful trails in Cusco region! from our campsite we will hike up for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach our last destination–Rainbow Mountain. Upon our arrival we will take enough time to savor this unique place, after that, we will walk down the valley to reach our next lunch spot, next, we will say goodbye to our muleteers, cooks, and we will eventually drive back to Cusco and will drop you off at your hotel.
Hiking time: 3-4 hours
Hiking distance: 6 km / 3.72 miles
Lowest Point: 4,500m/ 14,764 ft
Highest point: 5,050m/ 16,568 ft
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Peru Summit Includes For Ausangate Trek 3 days
- Private transportation from your hotel to Upis.
- Private transportation back to hotel from Qesuyunoc (Rainbow Mountain) at the end of our trek.
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent in Black Diamond or North Face Summit Series brand (04 people tent for 02 people)
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- Air sleeping pads (Therma-Rest brand) come with pillows.
- Entrance tickets to the park and camping site fees.
- Trek Leader.
- Meals: Breakfast (2), lunch (3), dinner (2), and snacks with option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose free.
- A professional chef.
- Horses, and muleteers; horses carry your 8-kg / 16-pound personal items.
- Duffel bags where to put the personal items.
- Emergency Horse to escort us during the trek.
- Oxygen tank and first aid-kits.
Peru Summit Does Not Include For Ausangate Trek 3 days
- Sleeping bags (available for renting).
- Hiking poles (available for renting).
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, etc.
- Tipping for the trek leader, porters or muleteers, and other staff (expected but not compulsory your own appreciation).
- Travel insurance (you need to have one to travel with us and bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Ausangate and Peru travel books for this trip.
Trek Gear List – Trip Checklist
- Travel insurance (and some copies).
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Thermal underwear.
- Sleeping bag liner.
- Hiking socks.
- Ear Plugs.
- Hands sanitizer.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen). Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Diamox (acetazolamide) for altitude sickness, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may