Arequipa & Colca Canyon 4 days
Arequipa Private Tours
Arequipa Private Tours–Live the “White City” of Arequipa, or La Ciudad Blanca. Lying in the shadow of three volcanoes, including the perfectly-symmetrical El Misti, the city was built using white volcanic rock called Sillar which gives the city its name.
Guarded by not one but three dramatic volcanoes, the city enjoys a resplendent, of seismically precarious setting, earthquakes regularly wrack this region, the last big one causing significant damage in 2001. Fortunately, the city’s architecture, a formidable ensemble of baroque buildings grafted out of the local white volcanic sillar rock, has so far withstood most of what mother earth has thrown at it. In 2000 the city’s central core earned a well-deserved Unesco World Heritage listing and the sight of the gigantic cathedral, with the ethereal image of 5825m El Misti rising behind it, is worth a visit alone.
Pretty cityscapes aside, Arequipa has played a fundamental role in Peru’s gastronomic renaissance; classic spicy dishes such as rocoto relleno (stuffed spicy red peppers), chupe de camarones (prawn chowder) and ocopa (boiled potato in a creamy, spicy sauce) best enjoyed in the city’s communal picantería restaurants, all hail from here. Twice as deep as the Grand Canyon and the best place in South America to see giant condors soar overhead. Suiting its reputation as an outdoor paradise, Arequipa also enjoys perfect weather: more than 300 days a year of sunshine, huge blue skies, and low humidity.
Group Size: ( minimum 02 people) price is per person and based on two people. The itinerary is described and based on personalized service.
Service Level: Upgraded
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
EASIEST: Non-camping journeys, optional walks, little elevation gain or loss.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Accommodation in Arequipa, & Colca Canyon: Hotel.
Price: From US$ 800/ 4 Days
DAY 1, WELCOME TO AREQUIPA – CITY TOUR
Arrival to the airport, meet your tour manager or tour guide at the airport who will be waiting for you, and will take you to your hotel in Arequipa. Once you arrive to the hotel you will get an informative briefing by your Tour Manager on the fascinating journey in Arequipa that awaits you, In the afternoon we go to your hotel to pick you up immediately to start the tour driving to the viewpoint of Carmen Alto, from this place we have great views of the mountains that surround the city of Arequipa, as well as we see the pre-incan terraces, at this point you have a rich history recounted by our tour guide. Consequently we drive to get the Yanahuara district to enjoy the arcades of the Yanahuara which was built on fine ashlars, and we also see the church of San Juan Bautista. Later on we visit the great monastery of Santa Catalina, that is a large building founded in 1579 where we see a great collection of canvas, sculpture, etc. Then our guide leads us to the Basilica of Arequipa, a building with neoclassical architectural style and it is located next to the main square, next we go to see the church of Compañía de Jesus and the dome of San Ignacio, eventually we come back to the hotel.
DAY 2, AREQUIPA – THE VALLEY OF COLCA
We will have breakfast in the morning that is organizad by the hostal, subsequently we will leave the city and we will drive to the valley of Colca, along the way we will pass by different picturesque towns as Yura, Pampa Arrieros, Pampa Cañahuas where the national reserve of Aguada Blanca is located; this reserve keeps the Vicuñas(southamerican camelids), Vizcachani town, Tojra where you see the marshlands or bogs which are the home of a variety of native and migratory birds, we continue driving by Chuccura and Patapampa visiting the viewpoint of the volcanoes. At about 1:30 pm we will arrive to Chivay; in which, we will have our lunch, and a little break, in the afternoon we will drive to the hostal in Colca, at night we will have dinner organizad by the hotel, and eventually we will go to sleep.
DAY 3, THE VALLEY OF COLCA – AREQUIPA
We have breakfast in the morning which is organizad by the hostal, at 6:00 am we leave hostal to drive to the Cruz del Condor, from where we see the depth of the great Colca Canyon, considered deeper than the Colorado Canyon,and we see condors that are soaring around us, on the way back to Arequipa we visit the towns of Macca and Yanque where we see nice colonial churches, cavepaintings, and the viewpoint of Antahuilque. About midday we get Chivay; in which, we have lunch, eventually in the afternoon we drive back to Arequipa arriving to the hotel at about 6:30pm.
DAY 4, GOOD BYE AREQUIPA
We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning and transfer you to the airport for your flight or the bus station for your bus, and say good bye to Arequipa.
PERU SUMMIT INCLUDES
- All transfer, airport – hotel / hotel – airport
- 2 nights of hotel in Arequipa (included breakfast).
- One night of hotel in Colca valley (included breakfast).
- Entrance fee to Colca Canyon.
- Arequipa – Colca Canyon English guide.
- Private transportation for the day tours.
PERU SUMMIT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Meals: lunch, dinner. and extra expenditure during the tour, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks.
- Gratuities for the guides, and other staff(optional).
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
- Passport and some copies.
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- PLEASE NOTE, It is not necessary to bring sleeping bag.