Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days
Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days–Hike through one of Peru’s most incredible regions – the far-north land of Cusco exploring the two iconic cities (Choquequirao & Machu Picchu) from the Incan times with wild and remote landscape with endless scenery fills our 6-day hike adventure.
This is our 2021 new itinerary, a great journey that is thought to not to disappoint to all those who travel there. Choquequirao, known for its majestic less explored ancient ruins, mountains, deep canyons, and Machu Picchu the very well-preserved gem from the Incan empire is a must-do for any hiker.
From Cachora town, we hike off to the spectacular Apurimac canyon with amazing vistas of the roaring Apurimac River, above the canyon the Vilcabamba mountain range with towering peaks of massif glacier will color your first and second day of adventure. We then ascend further northern in the cloud forest to Choquequirao ruins. Here, ancient temples, Incan crop terracings, Incan dwellings, aqueducts surrounded by deep canyons form impressive mountain vistas and stunning scenery. The grand finale is our exploration of ethereal Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of the Inca world. Each night is spent in our cozy tents for rest and great food before the next day’s adventure–Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 days.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips to Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 days are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
UPGRADED COMFORT: Premium or Comfort trips are led by Peru Summit Adventures experts, an experienced crew at your side, or top trip leaders/guides, and tap into private local experts' resources to allow for in-depth exploration and special access to unique sites that only the local leaders/guides know. Itineraries are carefully crafted and fully planned, with plenty of free time to roam. Camping gears are high-end and accommodations are high-end or best available. Ground transportation and most meals (especially in hikes) and activities are included in the trip price.
STRENUOUS: Designed for experienced active travelers in excellent physical condition. Full-day hikes (6-9 hours), mountainous, steep terrain (hiking up or down as much as 3,500 ft) on many hikes. 4-day to 6-day trips with hiking at average altitudes of 10,000 to 14,500 ft are in this category with some exposed sections.
Hiking, Camping, Archaeology & Cultural Adventures
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests. Our hotel in Machu Picchu town is the Inti Punku Suites & Hotels (or a similar hotel) a lovely hotel for pleasant rest.
Min 2 ppl, Max 8 ppl
Minimum of 02 people is needed to depart. Family groups, couple travelers, friends, or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our trips. Price is per person, which is based on two people who might share a room/tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services as well as semi-private service; however, if you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
YES. To protect MACHU PICCHU, the number of people allowed a day is limited to 4500 (spaces may vary depending on new regulations). That is why you should reserve your space as soon as possible. Spaces can be filled up three to four months in advance. Spaces fill more quickly in the high tourist season, from May to September. If you're planning to hike up to Wayna Picchu mountain, please let us know at the moment you are booking the tour (tickets for Wayna Picchu is limited, 400 tickets a day).
Please allow a minimum of 2 days in Cusco city before your hike begins to Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days.
Why experience the Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days
Since 2014 and since the very first day of our operation, Peru Summit Adventures has been blazing new trails, new ways of experiencing in Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 days. Our trailblazing is just one reason we are a uniquely qualified local company to ensure you have a trip of a lifetime.
- Trek to lost Incan city since the hands of local experts who born, lived, hiked here that’s a real PLUS for a genuine experience.
- Explore some of Cusco’s best trails. Conquer the famous Choquequirao and Machu Picchu ruins and six days amid the extraordinary mountainscapes.
- Enjoy a 4-night “feature stay” in our cozy tents while you make your way to these two iconic Inca ruins.
- The Inca ruins of Choquequirao is like nothing else. This colossal extraordinary human-made and natural wonder are one of Peru’s true treasures.
- Hike past Short Inca Trails, deep canyon part, and gushing waterfalls, watching out for Andean condors soaring in the sky.
- Glimpse the misty atop the tall mountains in the mornings as you make your way to Choquequirao but a camp with a bird’s-eye view of this stunning area will impress the most.
- Your own private guide, muleteers, horses, delicious camp cuisine prepared by your personal cook.
- Direct & official local tour operator with headquarter in Cusco, accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism.
Our Peru Summit Adventures crew comes to pick you up from your hotel at 5:00 am, we will then have 4-hour driving to Capuliyuc 2,900m / 9,512 ft, the beginning of the trail. At this place, we’ll meet up our muleteers, and horses, where we’ll get ready for the trek.
We’ll start with our adventure, hiking for about 3 hours on a downhill trail to get the lunch spot called Chikiska located at 1,900 m / 6,213 ft, with stunning views of the snowcapped mountains of the Vilcabamba Range and the great Apurimac canyon. At Chikiska, we’ll enjoy our just prepared fresh lunch. After having lunch, we’ll hike for 1 more hour to get to the first campsite called La Playa Rosalina 1,500m / 4,920 ft, in which, we’ll spend the first night. In the evening we have tea time, subsequently dinner. All meals included, except breakfast.
- Hiking time: 6 hours approx…
- Hiking distance: 8 km/ 4.9 miles.
- Highest point: 2,900m / 9,512 ft
- Lowest point: 1,500m / 4,920 ft
- Temperature: Hot to hotter after lunch to the first campsite
- Highlights: Dramatic views of the Vilcabamba mountain range with snowcapped mountains, the Apurimac canyon.
Very early in the morning we’ll wake up with a nice coca tea provided by our crew still in our tents, and nutritious breakfast will make us ready for the tough day, right after having breakfast, we’ll ascend for about 5 hours on a switchback trail to get the town called Maranpata, a place where we’ll have lunch. Upon our arrival at this lunch spot, we’ll have the first views of Choquequirao in a far away.
In the afternoon, after eating lunch we’ll walk for 2 more hours to get to the second campsite called Choquequirao 2,950 m / 9,676 ft, which is located in the park, here we’ll spend that afternoon enjoying the beautiful sunset atop the Andes mountains. In the evening we’ll have tea time, subsequently dinner. All meals included.
- Hiking time: 8 hours approx…
- Hiking distance: 14 km / 8.7 miles.
- Highest point: 2,950 m / 9,676 ft
- Lowest point: 1,500m / 4,920 ft
- Temperature: From cool morning to hotter midday, cool afternoon, and chilly evening.
- Highlights: First views of Choquequirao archaeological site, more views of the great Apurimac canyon.
Today is the day to learn about Choquequirao 3,100 m / 10,168 ft because we’ll explore Choquequirao properly with our trek leader.
In the morning after having great breakfast, we’ll explore the religious sector, administrative sector, Usno (religious platform), the granaries, the terraces with llamas, and other buildings located close by to the religious center. After making a great exploration, we’ll go back to our campsite for lunch. Our next exploration in the afternoon will be the lower sector of Choquequirao, where the agricultural terraces, water fountains, and other temples are located. We’ll then come back to our campsite. In the evening we’ll enjoy our tea time and dinner. All meals included.
- Highest point: 3,100 m / 10,168 ft
- Lowest point: 2,950 m / 9,676 ft
- Temperature: From cool morning to hotter midday, cool afternoon, and chilly evening.
- Highlights: Exploration of Choquequirao with your private trek leader.
In the morning after having breakfast, we will get ready to come back by the same pathway that we had walked the previous days to get Choquequirao; from this fourth day we will walk back to Capuliyoc the beginning of the trail, thus we will leave the place to walk downhill until reaching the Playa Rosalina, where we will take a little break, we will then to walk uphill to get to Chiquiska where we will have lunch, in the afternoon we will keep hiking for about 2 hours to get to the Cocamasana, which is the fourth campsite, from this camp we will have amazing vistas of the Apurimac canyon. In the evening we will have tea time, subsequently dinner. All meals included.
- Hiking time: 9 hours approx…
- Hiking distance: 17 km / 10.5 miles.
- Highest point: 2,950 m / 9,676 ft
- Lowest point: 1,500m / 4,920 ft
- Temperature: From cool morning to hotter midday and afternoon, cool evening.
- Highlights: More views of the great Apurimac canyon.
We will wake up very early in the morning to leave the last campsite, that way not to be hit by the sun heat, after a couple of hours hiking uphill, we will arrive at the viewpoint of Capuliyoc from where we will have the last views of the side of majestic Choquequirao and the great canyon of Apurimac. At this place, we will have our last lunch with our Peru Summit Adventures crew, and we will say goodbye to our muleteers, cooks, and horses. Next, we will drive for about 4 hours to the Ollantaytambo train station, from where we will take the train at 7:05 pm to Machu Picchu Pueblo, the train journey is for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Once in Machu Picchu Pueblo, we will get to our hotel. All meals included, except dinner.
- Hiking time: 3 hours approx
- Hiking distance: 5 km / 3.1 miles.
- Highest point: 2,900 m / 9,512 ft
- Lowest point: 2,200 m / 7,218 ft
- Temperature: From cool morning to hotter midday and afternoon, cool evening.
- Highlights: Picturesque Ollantaytambo town, train journey.
Today a great breakfast at the hotel makes us ready for a full morning exploration of Machu Picchu on a private tour with your Trek Leader. We’ll take the bus back to Machu Picchu early in the morning for an amazing tour until 12:00 pm (Machu Picchu permits will issue for the first group which is from 6:00 am to 12:00 pm).
If you have booked a permit for Wayna Picchu mountain, you’ll climb the mountain first; however, spaces are subject to availability. In the unlikely event that Wayna Picchu permits are not available for your departure date, you will climb Machu Picchu Mountain instead.
After a great time at the Incan emperor’s palace, we’ll take the bus down to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes town), where we’ll have lunch (not included). In the afternoon we’ll take the train back to Ollantaytambo train station and/or Poroy train station, as of this place continue driving to your hotel in Cusco. Only breakfast included.
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Included on The Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days
- Private transportation from hotel to Capuliyoc (trailhead).
- Private transportation from Capuliyoc to Ollantaytambo train station.
- Private transportation from train station to your hotel in Cusco
- Round trip bus ticket in Machu Picchu.
- Round trip train tickets on expedition class.
- One night hotel in Machupicchu Pueblo.
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Camping equipment 4 season tent in Black Diamond or North Face Summit Series brand (04 people tent for 02 people),
- Therma-Rest mattresses and Pillow.
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- Transportation from the train station to the hotel in Cusco.
- Trek Leader.
- Meals (Option for vegetarians, or other options): Breakfast (5), lunch (5), dinner (4), and snacks.
- A professional Quechua chef.
- Horses, and muleteers; horses carry your 8-kl / 16-pound personal items.
- Oxygen tank.
- Emergency Horse to escort us during the trek.
No Included on The Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days
- Sleeping bags (available for renting, $5 a day).
- Trekking poles (available for renting, $5 a day).
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, laundry, telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc. Tickets for the hot Springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Gratuities for the guides, porters or muleteers, and other staff (expected but NOT compulsory, your own appreciation).
- Travel insurance (you need to have it to travel with us bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Prices & Dates
|Number of participants
||Price per person
||Total ($ USD)
||The experts at Peru Summit Adventures specialize in crafting highly customized journeys. We have special rates for SOLO travelers. We look forward to answering your questions about your upcoming travel plans. Get started by filling out the information below.
||The experts at Peru Summit Adventures specialize in crafting highly customized journeys. We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. We look forward to answering your questions about your upcoming travel plans. Get started by filling out the information below.
Note on Prices
Prices are quoted in US Dollars and all payments must be made in US Dollars. To offer the lowest possible cost, our trips are tier priced according to the number of full-paying participants on the trip, our trips are based on semi-private service with a limit to 8 participants in a group. All costs are per person, based on double occupancy and triple occupancy in case of families or friends. If you wish to have a single room, you must pay the single supplement fee. If you are willing to share accommodations, we will match you with a roommate if one is available. If we cannot match you with a roommate, the “forced single supplement” is listed if applicable.
Trip Payment Schedule
- At time of reservation: 30% of the total balance.
- 60 days prior to departure: Balance should be paid fully, or once upon your arrival in Cusco the other 70% of final balance must be paid fully.
Cancellation and Transfer Fee Schedule
- Minimum fee (Tour permit fee): $150 per person
- 61-90 days prior to departure: 30% of trip cost
- 46-60 days prior to departure: 50% of trip cost
- 45 days or less: 100% of trip cost
What Makes Us Different!… Here’s, Why You Should Book With Us!
Making a choice of your right travel company/ tour operator is the most important decision you will make as you make your plans for a long-anticipated dreamed adventure. At first glance, some companies may seem cheaper. However, when you research a little deeper, you will see why traveling with Peru Summit Adventures assures that you will have the most memorable travel experience possible. In fact, we guarantee it, our TripAdvisor reviews say that.
Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translate to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices, here are the reasons why you should go with us!
Little insignificant details make all the difference to get a successful trip and an unforgettable experience, that’s the point where our tailor-made trip specialists and destination experts work intensely. No stone is left unturned in our quest to deliver exceptional private tours, trekking tours, and expeditions in Peru. With us, it’s all about you and your traveling mates too, for sure! We take your wants, needs, time constraints, budgets, and personal travel style into account to deliver experiences that are far from standard.
Safety is at the core of everything we do at Peru Summit Adventures. There is nothing that we take more seriously. Put away your concerns and start enjoying the trip of your life knowing that you are on safe and sound hands. Peru Summit Adventures is a registered trademark and a licensed company by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism (MINCETUR).
What an awesome to travel with someone who is from the same destination, a professional expert, it’s how you get the first-hand information. Our Peru Summit Adventures staff are friendly, funny, with deep knowledge on the route and destination, and great storytellers. We love what we do and it’s obvious. A simple concept, yes, but it makes all the difference. The team at Peru Summit Adventures all live and breathe the trip, experience, adventure, (you’ll see this when you arrive!). We love what we do, and it’s obvious. From the moment you arrive, you’ll feel the buzz and excitement that Peru Summit Adventures offers.
Could you imagine trying to hike silently along an isolated trail, carefully not disturbing shy wildlife, with 10 or 20 other travelers? Or walking on a remote area to explore the pristine wilderness with dozens of other tourists at your side? We know meaningful nature encounters must be undertaken in small groups. That’s why our trips come with an average of just four travelers, by far the smallest groups in the tourism industry across the country. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up wildlife experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
Besides, Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders.
We are very confident the quality of our Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 days will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or outsource to other big group tour operators for their travelers, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither get our travelers to other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Probably you will see that most of the tour operators mention it on their websites that are local tour companies, however, if you research a little deeper you will find out that’s not true, they might be although half of the operation is done from here and another half abroad, they even have NorthAmerican phone number or European phone numbers, which is a clue to find out, we are not against the foreigner companies or half foreign companies, what we are against is that they lie.
In Cusco exist just few truly local tour operators. If you did not know, foreign companies come to Peru to get rich without paying a General Sales Tax or Tax Contribution to our country. If you did not know that, according to the United Nations, for every US $100 spent on a tour in a developing country or foreign travel companies, only $5 stays in the local economy. Normally, almost all of the money flows back to large companies operating outside the destination countries. As we are a local family enterprise, we guarantee that your travel expenditures will support the local economy, and improve the lives of Peruvians through contributing to general sales tax.
Be a responsible traveller! Let’s make this world a better place for everyone and for everyone that lives in it! The natural environments that we travel to are fragile and abundant with beautiful culture and traditions that are often reliant on tourism. We have a responsibility as travelers to minimize the impact of our presence, protect what is delicate, and leave a positive influence everywhere we can.
As a locally owned and based Peruvian tour company, we integrate these practices into our in-country operations we are aiming for a style of travel that makes the world a better place for everyone, and for everyone that lives in it. Since our very first days as a tour operator, responsible business has been at the heart of what we do. Peru Summit Adventures is committed not just to treading lightly, but to making a real difference by helping and investing in local communities, education initiatives, environmental conservation projects. These values are not more than just words, they are ingrained in the culture and philosophy of our crew, daily operations of Peru Summit Adventures trips, and at our office too.
Our Flawless Reviews | Your Words -- We Tell It Like It Is!
Experience of a lifetime
We had the most wonderful adventure celebrating our anniversary by hiking the Inca trail for four da
Amanda R from EEUU
Best trip of my life!
My experience, is an experience that i will cherish for the rest of my life for various reason. The
Michael P from EEUU
Trekking Machu Picchu
This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Carlos was our guide and made our experi
Sam E from EEUU
Custom Salkantay Trek for 13 Plus Wedding!
I cannot even begin to put into words what an amazing experience my group had with Peru Summit Adven
Meridith Craven from EEUU
Ausengate Trek – Best 5 Days so far!
I did the 5 day Ausengate Trek (including the rainbow Mountain) with a friend, these 5 days were the
Stefanie from EEUU
Salkantay Walk with Peru Summit
Recently along with some friends we walked the Salkantay Trek organised and guided by Peru Summit. P
Daryl S from EEUU
- Original passport and some copies.
- Travel insurance and some copies.
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent (recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles (or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Ear Plugs.
- Hands sanitizer
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Credit or debit card.
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Diamox (Acetozolamide), Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen), Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).
Whats the Trip Like
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Trek Leaders or Guides Are Part of the Core of Peru Summit Adventures and Your Perfect Local Companion
The perfect custom-made private tours, adventure tours, or expeditions don’t just happen. It takes a team of talented, knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced professionals to bring it all together and possible. Our team of Peru Summit Adventures Leaders is comprised of local trip veterans, seasoned tour veterans with rich backgrounds on history, archaeology, culture, cuisine, geology, biology, and more.
With the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the travel industry, our Trip Leaders safely deliver your trip-of-a-lifetime to maximize your Peru journeys and adventures every step of the way. Our Tour/Trek Leaders have worked extensively in the Peru isolated mountains, archaeological sites, hiking the Inca Trail (at least 150 times), Amazon jungle, and being at Machu Picchu for over 400 times at least, this guarantees your trip a unique and memorable experience.
Extend your Experience
Ausangate 7 Lakes Hike
1 Day from $ 130.00
Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu 9 Days
9 Days from $ 1450.00
Inca Trail 4 Days
4 Days from $ 850.00
Best Sacred Valley Tour Full Day
Full Day from $ 90.00
Camping Equipment: Great gear is a key part of every great journey, so we’ve made our gear warehouse featuring top-performing brands like Black Diamond, Patagonia, North Face Summit Series, Therma Rest, Marmot, Leki, this is a fantastic collection of our outdoor gear, accessories, which are offered in all trekking adventures, expeditions, and Peru Summit Adventures Logo items.
In all hikes, you’ll enjoy Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests.
Hotels: We select carefully our hotels in each destination all over the country. And we select our accommodations for how well they represent the distinctive character of the destination you’re in. Some of these rooms and cabanas draw their inspiration from history and others from the views they offer. What’s consistent, however, is that we stand by each and every one of these for what they’ll add to your experience.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu 6 Days, Machu Picchu and Peru, Machu Picchu, and Peru travel books for this trip. Our reading list Peru is custom-designed to complement specific Peru Summit destinations. We feature a handpicked selection of travel guides, maps, literature, books on art, cuisine, nature, and culture, designed to help you get more out of your travels to Machu Picchu & Peru.