MACHU PICCHU TOUR & RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 5 DAYS
Machu Picchu Tour & Rainbow Mountain–Savor the two hot destinations of Cusco the Rainbow Mountain and Machu Picchu, on a fully supported tour with a private staff. Explore the dramatic Rainbow Mountain, surrounded by the snow-capped mountains, valleys with llamas and alpacas as you make your journey to reach this unique place. This famous hills are also known as Vinicunca mountain, beckons curious travelers with its astounding natural feature, and local people. Embark on an exciting trip through the Urubamba Valley to reach the ultimate destination the Incan’s fabled city–Machu Picchu nestled high above the Urubamba Range, and explore it with a private guide at your side to reveal the history and legend behind this lost city of the Incas. Join us!
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at email@example.com to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Service Level: Upgraded, All Inclusive
Group size: 2 pp Min. – 8 pp Max. Average 4 pp.
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6 – Moderate:
Accommodation Type: 3-Star Hotel
Price: From US$ 1150/ 5 Days
Day 1. Arrive in Cusco, Sacsayhuaman, Pisac, Llama & Alpaca Farm Visit
Day 2. Sacred Valley Tour (Ollantaytambo, Maras, Chinchero).
Day 3. Machu Picchu Guide Tour
Day 4. Rainbow Mountain Hike
Day 5. Depart Cusco
Ready To Book?…
This itinerary is totally customizable, follow this schedule as a base program to change or modify with add-ons, and let us know for more advice.
Day 1. Arrive in Cusco, Sacsayhuaman Ruins, Pisac Ruins, Llama & Alpaca Farm Visit
The tour starts at the airport with pick up, where you will meet your Tour Guide/ Tour Leader, transfer to the first Incan archaeological site of Sacsayhuaman a great temple located in the north of Cusco built in XV century whose construction rocks weigh 180 tons and were brought from about 500 meters away, Next, we will drive to Sacred Valley, on the way we will visit the Alpaca and Llama farm, a place where we will learn about these South American camelids. Our trip continues to Pisac an Incan archaeological site located high above the mountains in the Sacred Valley with great farming terraces which cover the whole hillsides. After a great exploration of the Incan ruins, we will drive to our hotel (Tierra Viva Valle Sagrado) in the Sacred Valley of the Incas 9,840 ft (Urubamba Valley), a perfect place to stay the first night and start with a proper acclimatization as the Valley is located much lower than Cusco 11,316 ft. Meals not included. We suggest you get the airport of Cusco in the earlier flight as the tour is a full day tour on a Van and private guide.
Day 2. Sacred Valley Tour (Ollantaytambo, Maras, Moray).
A great breakfast at hotel will make us ready for a full day exploration of the another side in the Sacred Valley, we will drive to Maras Incan Salt Mines a main salt source which has been used since the pre-Incan times, and today locals still farm the salt by hands as the Incans used to do it, Our next place to explore is Moray with rounded shape terraces which have different types of temperatures at each platform, that was made to acclimate the Andean plants like potato, beans, corn, etc, we will then drive to Ollantaytambo an Incan city from XV century, famous for its great temple of the sun whose 100 tons construction rocks were brought from 8 km/ 5 miles away to build a unique building on a hilltop. In the evening, we will take our train to Machu Picchu town, where we will have an overnight at hotel Cabaña. It’s a full day tour on a private van and private guide. Meals not included.
Day 3. Machu Picchu Guide Tour – Cusco
It is the day to explore and learn about the Machu Picchu, so we’ll start early having our breakfast at the hotel, and we’ll take the bus to Machu Picchu, once we arrive we’ll make a full exploration of the Incan city with a private guide at your side. If you have requested a permit for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, hike could be done after the tour or before the tour for proper information your guide will let you know, and this hike could be done without the guide. After the full exploration, in the afternoon we’ll return to Aguas Calientes town and take the train back to Cusco (the return train can be at 2:55 p.m. or 16:42 p.m. depending on the availability of spaces), in Cusco our hotel is Rumipunku hotel. Meals not included. It’s a full day tour with a private guide.
Day 4. Rainbow Mountain Hike
Our trip starts very early in the dawn at 2:30 am (we begin early to reach early at Rainbow Mountain to avoid the crowds, otherwise with would share this small spot with other 600 – 1000 people) to have 3 hours and 30 minutes drive to reach the headrail, where our cook will make a nutritious breakfast (meals are prepared instantly with fresh products by our own cook, and our travelers are very well fed), and we will have our just prepared delicious breakfast, Next, we will start with our hike to the Rainbow Mountain following gradually up the valley, in the distance we will see amazing mountains and snow-capped mountains located in the Vilcanota range, where the most remarkable one is the Ausangate Mountain 6,389 m / 20,956 ft, and close by to us we will see some llamas and alpacas in their natural life. After 3 hours hiking, we will reach the view point of the Rainbow Mountain 5.050m/ 16,564ft, from where, we will have dramatic views in every direction, especially the views at Rainbow Mountain, at this place we will spend for about 45 minutes. After having a great time a this place, we will return to the head-trail by the same trail for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Upon our arrival at the head-trail we’ll enjoy our just prepared lunch. Meals are included except dinner. It’s a full day tour on private van, private guide and with a lot of hike.
- Hiking Time: 7-8 hours
- Hiking Distance: 14 km / 8.70 miles
- Lowest Elevation: 4,326 m / 14,189 ft
- Highest Elevation: 5,050 m / 16,564 ft
- Trekking Surface: Dirt trail, rocky, muddy, slippery
- Weather: Unpredictable, Some days could be sunny with blue sky, while other days foggy, rainy, snowy. Be prepared!
Day 5. Depart Cusco
Transfer service from hotel to airport at anytime during the day, If you are interested on participate on our city walking tour, you are welcome, and let us know to organize it, generally it is organized 2-3 hours before your transfer to airport.
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Group Size: We need a minimum of 02 people to depart. Prices are per person, which are based on two people or couple who might share a room. The itinerary is described and based on personalized service and Peru Summit style.
The Smallest Groups en Route – Averaging Just 4 Travelers
Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up cultural experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
We Deliver on Our Promises
We are very confident the quality of our journeys will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
Service Level: Upgraded
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
MODERATE: Half- to full-day hikes (3-6 hours) over rolling countryside on most days, occasional steep trails. Many of our hotel-based walking tours are in this category, as are our day-hikes adventures.
Activities: Hiking / Trekking, Archaeology, Cultural Adventures.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Machu Picchu Tour & Rainbow Mountain. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Price: From US$ 1100/ per person/5 Days
Price is per person and subject on two-person. We need a minimum of two people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people. To ensure a private tour with us, our price increases US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
The Best Fare For The Best Trip
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
You Book, You Go…Don’t Worry… We Won’t Cancel
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or pass their travelers to other big groups tour operators, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither get our travelers to other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Request a Quote: We can customize this private trek just for you. Any detail can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and other destinations. Call us at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote, Here.
Acclimatization: Please allow a minimum of 1 day in Cusco before your hike begins to Machu Picchu Tour & Rainbow Mountain.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Machu Picchu and Peru travel books for this trip.
What’s Included For Machu Picchu Tour & Rainbow Mountain
- All transfer service on a private Van with a professinal driver.
- 1 breakfast on Rainbow Mountain, 1 packed breakfast on the trip to Machu Picchu with option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose free, etc..
- Picnic Lunch on Rainbow Mountain with option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose free, etc.
- Dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff in Rainbow Mountains.
- Entrance tickets to the park.
- Tour Guide.
- A professional Quechua chef.
- Oxygen tank.
- Machu Picchu Entrance tickets.
- Round Trip train ticket.
- Round Trip bus ticket in Machu Picchu
- Hotel (3-star hotel)
What’s Not Included For Machu Picchu Tour & Rainbow Mountain
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot Springs.
- Lunch on Machu Picchu (we have several options in Machu Picchu for different rates)
- Tipping for guides, porters or muleteers, and other staff.
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Trek/ Trip Gear List
- Travel insurance (and some copies).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Ear Plugs.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash (little coins for toilet).
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Acetazolamide (Diamox), Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).
Ready To Book?…