Ausangate Trek 6 Days + Rainbow Mountain Experience, A Premium Collection Trek!
Ausangate Trek 6 days–Ausangate Park is one of the most beautiful and remote wilderness areas the world. It’s the beginning point for an exhilarating deep dive into the natural beauty, culture, and adventure of South America.
The Ausangate Trek 6 days with Peru Summit Adventures is the most iconic trekking route in the Park, and it is for great reason! The dramatic ice peak towers, colored hills of the Rainbow Mountains and the Ausangate snow-clad mountain massif will draw you in, and in you shall go! The Peru Summit Adventures will take you along the shores of stunning glacial lakes of electric blue and turquoise colors. You will experience sheer rock spires as tall as the sky and the magnificent, Vilcanota Range where the highest mountain in Cusco is–Ausangate Mt 6,389 mt/ 20,956 ft, Lots of flock of Llamas and Alpacas along the trail. Additionally, you have the opportunity to walk on red colored hills of the Rainbow Mountains. Each night is spent in a roomy 4 season of cozy tents, where we arrive, weary but alive, ready for the next day’s adventure.
The beauty of this raw and dramatic landscape will help you understand why the park is designated one the most beautiful routes for adventure lovers in Peru. Keep your cameras ready and get ready for an unforgettable adventure with Peru Summit Adventures.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Ausangate Trek 6 Days Key Difference
We do like to do our hikes a little bit different than others or conventional operators that way to experience a true journey & adventure along the trail likewise the team that goes with us as well. We understand the hard work our Muleteers and their horses face along the trail just to make your hike/ experience as enjoyable as possible by providing us their support, how? by carrying our gear, cooking our gourmet meals, setting up our tents, and for years, many have done this under appalling working conditions. However, all this could be different with us. We are committed to ethical conditions which are within our Responsible Travel guidelines. See below some of the Pros you have when choosing to hike with us.
- We are the only tour operator in Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain where our Treks are designed to avoid the ANIMAL MISTREAT, this means that our pack horses carry no more than 50 kg (100 pounds), we try our best that our horses carry less than that weight. We use 4 pack horses, 2 muleteers, and 1 emergency horse for a group of 2 travelers/hikers. The amount you pay reflects on the type of service you get and the treatment that the staff and pack horses get (you get what you pay for). Please, do not be an accomplice of Animal Abuse.
- We are the only tour operator in Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain that supplies an EMERGENCY OR BACKUP HORSE with a horseman that will go with you at all times during the hike, this means that if someone gets sick or tired this person can ride the horse to reach the campsites or even to be evacuated to the closest road or medical center, you can also upload your day pack or any personal bag to this horse. This horse carries an oxygen tank and first-aid kits. It’s how we assure the well-being of our travelers.
- While the other tour agencies pay them a STARVATION WAGE. At Peru Summit Adventures, we do pay them more than average, not even minimum wage. We do know that their work is tough (about 15 hours a day), most of them have large families or the youngers want to keep studying at local institutes and getting paid in a reasonable and decent way is very important to us to achieve their goals or improve their family’s welfare.
- We do not put our muleteers aside, they are part of the experience along the trail, you will have a chance to share some coca leaves with them, give them some hi-fives, and they will share some stories, tales from their hometown at the campsites with you. This is an INCLUSIVE experience that involves everyone on the trail.
- FOOD/ NOURISHMENT is a must for our Muleteers. We are against that they eat some leftovers of our travelers or eat only pasta and rice, they do deserve a proper meal because they spend the day making demanding work over mountains. If our travelers eat some chicken, beef, or any other meal type, our muleteers do as well.
We do our very best effort and are committed to changing the things on the trail to make a better place for everyone that is part of us. We know all these issues because we experienced unfair treatment when we worked as support staff years ago for other companies (unfortunately some tour operators are still doing). Be an explorer be a local for at least 3, 4, 5, and 6 days and mingle with our Quechua Andean muleteers. Come join us and make a great difference by hiking with us, it’s the only way to discover what we are really doing it.
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
UPGRADED COMFORT: Premium or Comfort trips are led by Peru Summit Adventures experts, an experienced crew at your side, or top trip leaders/guides, and tap into private local experts' resources to allow for in-depth exploration and special access to unique sites that only the local leaders/guides know. Itineraries are carefully crafted and fully planned, with plenty of free time to roam. Camping gears are high-end and accommodations are high-end or best available. Ground transportation and most meals (especially in hikes) and activities are included in the trip price.
VERY STRENUOUS, CHALLENGING: Designed for very experienced active travelers in excellent physical and health condition. 5-day to 8-day trips are in this category. Full-day hikes (8-9 hours), mountainous, some very steep terrain (hiking up or down as much as 4,000 feet) on many days, with some camping and hiking at extreme altitudes. Most hikes take place at altitudes above 11,500 feet, with some days ascending as high as 16,850 feet with some exposed sections.
Hiking, Camping, Archaeology & Cultural Adventures
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 6 Days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests.
Min 2 ppl, Max 8 ppl
Minimum of 02 people is needed to depart. Family groups, couple travelers, friends, or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our trips. Price is per person, which is based on two people who might share a room/tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services as well as semi-private service; however, if you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
No, the number of people to visit this park is not limited yet, the entrance ticket is purchased at the main checkpoint (the entrance ticket is included); thus you could book this hike even a week in advance.
Please allow a minimum of 2 days in Cusco city before your hike begins to Ausangate Trek 6 Days.
Why experience the Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 6 Days
Since 2014 and since the very first day of our operation, Peru Summit Adventures has been blazing new trails, new ways of experiencing in Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain. Our trailblazing is just one reason we are a uniquely qualified local company to ensure you have a trip of a lifetime.
- One of the world’s most amazing destinations to hike.
- Snow-clad Ausangate Mountain with towering snow spires along the range.
- Taste our innovative cuisine made by our professional cook like “Peru Summit Quinoa Salad®”
- Experience this trek with World-Class and Top Notch Trek Leaders; and get your adventure to the next level.
- Enjoy the comforts of our legendary Ausangate Trek 6 Days camping services—the best on the trail!
- Travel & Trek with someone who hiked the Inca Trail for over 300 times, Salkantay Trek for over 200 times, Choquequirao Trek for over 150 times, Ausangate Trek for over 100 times, Lares Trek for over 50 times, being at Machu Picchu for over 600 times.
- Your own private guide, muleteers, horses, delicious camp cuisine prepared by your personal cook.
- Explore the unique natural formations on earth the Rainbow Mountain with a specialist guide.
- Camp along remote mountainsides, where we can savor peaceful nights beneath a star-filled sky.
- Direct & official local tour operator with headquarter in Cusco, accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism.
We pick you up from your hotel at 5:30 am to leave the city of Cusco, we will then have three and a half hours driving to get Upis town, along the way we will see picturesque towns, and we will stop for a couple of times to enjoy the sceneries, once we arrive in Upis (the headtrail, 4,350m/ 14,272ft) we will meet up our local muleteers, horses, and get ready for the adventure, we will hike gradually uphill for about 2 hours and 30 minutes following the highland valley inhabited by llamas and alpacas with dramatic vistas of Ausangate in backdrop to get the lunch spot located in Pamparapa (4,600m / 15,092 feet). Today, we’ll have lunch at a very scenic spot still with Ausangate Mt at the background. After eating the delicious meal, we’ll still hike up for about 3 hours and 30 minutes to get the first campsite, called Yana Qocha 4,650 m / 15,256 ft, from lunch spot we’ll hike for two hours to get the first pass called Arapa pass 4,800 m/ 15,748 ft, at this point we’ll be impressed by stunning views of eroded mountains, and highland valleys. We will then hike downhill for 1 hour and 30 minutes to get the campsite, a place with amazing views around of the Ausangate mountain. Lunch and dinner included.
- Hiking Time: 6 – 7 hours
- Hiking Distance: 12 km / 7.46 miles
- Lowest Point: 4,350 m / 14,272 ft
- Highest Point: 4,800 m / 15,748 ft
In the morning we will have a beautiful sunrise at the top of towering rocks and mountains, we will enjoy this view while having our breakfast, after having breakfast we will start trekking on an uneven trail (up and downs) this section of the trail is one of the most picturesque ones, as the blue and turquoise colored lagoons surround the bottom part of the massif Ausangate mountain 6.384 m / 20,945 ft, the highest mountain in Cusco. After hiking for 1 hour and 30 minutes, we will start hiking up on a switchback trail to the next pass at 5,000 m / 16,404 ft. In which, we will enjoy the very dramatic vistas of Vilcanota range going in different directions, colored hills, and the glacier peaks. From this pass, we will hike downhill to get the valley part and follow up the valley to reach our lunch spot located at the place called Ananta 4,650 m/ 15,256 ft. After lunch, we will continue trekking uphill for 2 hours to reach the next pass called Warmisaya 5,000 m / 16,404 ft from this place, we will be able to spot the Rainbow Mountain in a further distance and views are still very impressive. The last section is downhill for 30 minutes to get the second campsite located at Qomer Qocha 4,680 m / 15,354 ft. All meals included.
- Hiking Time: 8 – 9 hours
- Hiking Distance: 12 km / 7.46 miles
- Lowest Point: 4,600 m / 15,092 ft
- Highest Point: 5,000 m / 16,404 ft
Today’s nutritious breakfast makes us ready to go exploring the Rainbow Mountain. After enjoying our breakfast in the very early morning, we will hike up for about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get the famous Rainbow Mountain 5,050 m / 16,568 ft. And we will beat the large crowds for sure and this place will be just for us for about 45 minutes, which is enough time to enjoy the site. After having enough time at this place, we will return by the same trail to Ananta (lunch spot of day 2), where we will have lunch again at about 12:30 pm. This afternoon, we will still continue hiking for 3 more hours to the next campsite called Ausangate Qocha 4,700 m / 15,420 ft, for about. All meals included.
- Hiking Time: 8 – 9 hours
- Hiking Distance: 15 km / 9.32 miles
- Lowest Point: 4,600 m / 15,091 ft
- Highest Point: 5,050 m / 16,568 ft
Another great day to enjoy the mind-blowing coloured hills next to the Ausangate Mt (6,384m/ 20,945 feet), the highest mountain in Cusco, and see more glacier lagoons, after having breakfast we will begin again with our trekking, the trail takes us to the next pass called Palomani that is at 5,130m / 16,831 feet the highest pass on the whole trail; where, we will start to take a glance the massive mountain and some other colored hills which are still close by, then, we will walk downhill to get the valley part, where we will eat our lunch, in the late afternoon we will walk up for 2 more hours to the next camp spot located at an elevation of 4,700 m / 15,420 feet. Where in the evening we will have tea time, subsequently dinner. All meals included.
- Hiking Time: 7 – 8 hours
- Hiking Distance: 10 km / 6.21 miles
- Lowest Point: 4,600 m / 15,092 ft
- Highest Point: 5,130 m / 16,831 ft
We start the day with a great breakfast that is provided by our chef, we will then walk gradually up to get the last pass called Jhampa pass 5,060 m / 16,601 feet, where we will still have amazing views of the glacier peaks right in front of us. From this last pass, we will start trekking gradually downhill for 2 hours to the last camp site called Ninaparayoq 4,700 m / 15,420 feet. Upon our arrival, we will have lunch and after that the whole afternoon is for chilling at this last camp site. All meals included.
- Hiking Time: 5 – 6 hours
- Hiking Distance: 8 km / 4.97 miles
- Lowest Point: 4,700 m / 15,420 ft
- Highest Point: 5,060 m / 16,601 ft
Wake up call with hot coca tea in the morning to have another great day, after having breakfast we’ll hike downhill for 2 hours and 30 minutes to Pacchanta town, the final point of the trail, where we’ll have a chance to soak in the hot springs. At this place, we’ll eat our last lunch. After having lunch we’ll have a farewell ceremony to our muleteers, cooks, and guides. We will eventually drive back to the hotel in Cusco. All meals included, except the last dinner.
- Hiking Time: 2 – 3 hours
- Hiking Distance: 5 km / 3.11 miles
- Lowest Point: 4,250 m / 13,944 ft
- Highest Point: 4,700 m / 15,420 ft
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Included on The Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 6 Days
- Transportation from hotel to Upis town.
- Transportation from Pacchanta town to Ollantaytambo train station.
- PRO 4 season tent in North Face Summit Series or Black Diamond (04 people tent for 02 people).
- PRO Therma-rest mattresses come with pillows.
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- Professional Trek leader.
- Meals: Breakfast (5), lunch (6), dinner (5), and snacks with options for vegetarians.
- A professional Quechua chef.
- Peru Summit™Duffel bags where to put your personal items.
- Pack horses, and muleteers; horses carry your 8 kg / 16-pound personal items.
- Oxygen Tank.
- Emergency Horse to escort us during the trek, feel free to ride or upload your personal day pack.
No Included on The Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 6 Days
- Sleeping bags (available for renting).
- Trekking poles (available for renting).
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot springs.
- Tipping for the guides, porters or muleteers, and other staff (expected but not compulsory).
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Prices & Dates
For us, Semi-Private journeys mean more intimate experiences with an average of 4 participants in a group and fully supported by private experienced staff.
Select your travel date and join our upcoming amazing journeys. No problem if your date does not match with other listed fixed departures, we can open a new departure just with you on any date you wish. Feel free to email us or call us at +51 984 464 391, +51 984 585 909 with any questions or to confirm availability over the phone.
|Number of participants
||Price per person
||Total ($ USD)
||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.
||$ 1 980.00
||$ 2 880.00
||$ 3 720.00
||$ 4 500.00
||We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.
(We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
(We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
Advantages of booking this trip in Private Service.
- Flexibility on dates: Choose your own dates, you decide when to start your journey.
- Perfect for families, group of mates (friends), honeymoon: Make this trip for you and your loved ones or someone special.
- Totally customizable: Travel the way you want; so you can travel exactly how you want. Book this trip as is or customize it to be as active or relaxed, rustic or luxurious as you wish to go. Perfect for multi-generational families and to celebrate a special anniversary or milestone birthday.
- Go at your own pace: Walk or explore on your own rhythm, forget to stay or keep up with the large groups. It's your own journey.
Note on Prices
- A personal porter included to carry your 8kg / 16 pounds personal items.
Prices are quoted in US Dollars and all payments must be made in US Dollars. Prices are per person based on SEMI-PRIVATE service; we depart with 2 ppl as a minimum, 8 ppl as maximum, and an average of 4 ppl in a group. This trek is also based on double occupancy for tents in the trail.
Trip Payment Schedule
- At time of reservation: 30% of the total balance.
- 60 days prior to departure: Balance should be paid fully, or once upon your arrival in Cusco the other 70% of final balance must be paid fully.
Cancellation and Transfer Fee Schedule
- Minimum fee (hike permit fee): $110 per person
- 61-90 days prior to departure: 30% of trip cost
- 46-60 days prior to departure: 50% of trip cost
- 45 days or less: 100% of trip cost
What Makes Us Different!… Here’s, Why You Should Book With Us!
Making a choice of your right travel company/ tour operator is the most important decision you will make as you make your plans for a long-anticipated dreamed adventure. At first glance, some companies may seem cheaper. However, when you research a little deeper, you will see why traveling with Peru Summit Adventures assures that you will have the most memorable travel experience possible. In fact, we guarantee it, our TripAdvisor reviews say that.
Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translate to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices, here are the reasons why you should go with us!
Little insignificant details make all the difference to get a successful trip and an unforgettable experience, that’s the point where our tailor-made trip specialists and destination experts work intensely. No stone is left unturned in our quest to deliver exceptional private tours, trekking tours, and expeditions in Peru. With us, it’s all about you and your traveling mates too, for sure! We take your wants, needs, time constraints, budgets, and personal travel style into account to deliver experiences that are far from standard.
Safety is at the core of everything we do at Peru Summit Adventures. There is nothing that we take more seriously. Put away your concerns and start enjoying the trip of your life knowing that you are on safe and sound hands. Peru Summit Adventures is a registered trademark and a licensed company by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism (MINCETUR).
What an awesome to travel with someone who is from the same destination, a professional expert, it’s how you get the first-hand information. Our Peru Summit Adventures staff are friendly, funny, with deep knowledge on the route and destination, and great storytellers. We love what we do and it’s obvious. A simple concept, yes, but it makes all the difference. The team at Peru Summit Adventures all live and breathe the trip, experience, adventure, (you’ll see this when you arrive!). We love what we do, and it’s obvious. From the moment you arrive, you’ll feel the buzz and excitement that Peru Summit Adventures offers.
Could you imagine trying to hike silently along an isolated trail, carefully not disturbing shy wildlife, with 10 or 20 other travelers? Or walking on a remote area to explore the pristine wilderness with dozens of other tourists at your side? We know meaningful nature encounters must be undertaken in small groups. That’s why our trips come with an average of just four travelers, by far the smallest groups in the tourism industry across the country. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up wildlife experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
Besides, Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders.
We are very confident the quality of our Ausangate Trek 6 days will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or outsource to other big group tour operators for their travelers, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither get our travelers to other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Probably you will see that most of the tour operators mention it on their websites that are local tour companies, however, if you research a little deeper you will find out that’s not true, they might be although half of the operation is done from here and another half abroad, they even have NorthAmerican phone number or European phone numbers, which is a clue to find out, we are not against the foreigner companies or half foreign companies, what we are against is that they lie.
In Cusco exist just few truly local tour operators. If you did not know, foreign companies come to Peru to get rich without paying a General Sales Tax or Tax Contribution to our country. If you did not know that, according to the United Nations, for every US $100 spent on a tour in a developing country or foreign travel companies, only $5 stays in the local economy. Normally, almost all of the money flows back to large companies operating outside the destination countries. As we are a local family enterprise, we guarantee that your travel expenditures will support the local economy, and improve the lives of Peruvians through contributing to general sales tax.
Be a responsible traveller! Let’s make this world a better place for everyone and for everyone that lives in it! The natural environments that we travel to are fragile and abundant with beautiful culture and traditions that are often reliant on tourism. We have a responsibility as travelers to minimize the impact of our presence, protect what is delicate, and leave a positive influence everywhere we can.
As a locally owned and based Peruvian tour company, we integrate these practices into our in-country operations we are aiming for a style of travel that makes the world a better place for everyone, and for everyone that lives in it. Since our very first days as a tour operator, responsible business has been at the heart of what we do. Peru Summit Adventures is committed not just to treading lightly, but to making a real difference by helping and investing in local communities, education initiatives, environmental conservation projects. These values are not more than just words, they are ingrained in the culture and philosophy of our crew, daily operations of Peru Summit Adventures trips, and at our office too.
Our Flawless Reviews | Your Words -- We Tell It Like It Is!
Experience of a lifetime
We had the most wonderful adventure celebrating our anniversary by hiking the Inca trail for four da
Amanda R from EEUU
Best trip of my life!
My experience, is an experience that i will cherish for the rest of my life for various reason. The
Michael P from EEUU
Trekking Machu Picchu
This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Carlos was our guide and made our experi
Sam E from EEUU
Custom Salkantay Trek for 13 Plus Wedding!
I cannot even begin to put into words what an amazing experience my group had with Peru Summit Adven
Meridith Craven from EEUU
Ausengate Trek – Best 5 Days so far!
I did the 5 day Ausengate Trek (including the rainbow Mountain) with a friend, these 5 days were the
Stefanie from EEUU
Salkantay Walk with Peru Summit
Recently along with some friends we walked the Salkantay Trek organised and guided by Peru Summit. P
Daryl S from EEUU
- Original passport and some copies.
- Travel insurance and some copies.
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent (recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles (or you can rent one pair from us).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes, including warm clothes for the nighttime.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Ear Plugs.
- Hands sanitizer
- Thermal underwear.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat, cap, and warm hat and gloves for the nighttime
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Credit or debit card.
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Diamox (Acetozolamide), Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen), Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).
Whats the Trip Like
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Trek Leaders or Guides Are Part of the Core of Peru Summit Adventures and Your Perfect Local Companion
The perfect custom-made private tours, adventure tours, or expeditions don’t just happen. It takes a team of talented, knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced professionals to bring it all together and possible. Our team of Peru Summit Adventures Leaders is comprised of local trip veterans, seasoned tour veterans with rich backgrounds on history, archaeology, culture, cuisine, geology, biology, and more.
With the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the travel industry, our Trip Leaders safely deliver your trip-of-a-lifetime to maximize your Peru journeys and adventures every step of the way. Our Tour/Trek Leaders have worked extensively in the Peru isolated mountains, archaeological sites, hiking the Inca Trail (at least 150 times), Amazon jungle, and being at Machu Picchu for over 400 times at least, this guarantees your trip a unique and memorable experience.
Extend your Experience
Salkantay Trek 5 Days
5 Days from $ 890.00
Inca Trail 5 Days, A Premium Collection Trek
5 Days from $ 1390.00
Short Inca Trail 2 Days
2 Days from $ 630.00
Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley Tour 2 Days
2 Days from $ 690.00
Camping Equipment: Great gear is a key part of every great journey, so we’ve made our gear warehouse featuring top-performing brands like Black Diamond, Patagonia, North Face Summit Series, Therma Rest, Marmot, Leki, this is a fantastic collection of our outdoor gear, accessories, which are offered in all trekking adventures, expeditions, and Peru Summit Adventures Logo items.
In all hikes, you’ll enjoy Pro 4-season tents in Black Diamond and North Face with Pro Sleeping pads in Therma-Rest and pillows, tents are roomy and cozy designed for 3 people but used only for 2 guests.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 6 Days, Machu Picchu and Peru, Machu Picchu, and Peru travel books for this trip. Our reading list Peru is custom-designed to complement specific Peru Summit destinations. We feature a handpicked selection of travel guides, maps, literature, books on art, cuisine, nature, and culture, designed to help you get more out of your travels to Machu Picchu & Peru.