Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba
Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba
1 Day Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba
Machu Picchu tour from Ollantaytambo—Savor a once-in-a-lifetime experience journey and discover the lost Incan city of Machu Picchu, tucked away in the Andes on a day tour from Ollantaytambo, Urubamba, or Cusco in accompany of an expert local guide.
This Machu Picchu guided tour from Ollantaytambo or Urubamba or even from Cusco city is perfect for those travelers who stay in the Sacred Valley or Cusco city and who have tight time and want to still experience the crown jewel of Incan civilization with no rush on a fully supported tour by a private local guide and all tickets included so you will just enjoy the tour in every way.
Learn about the Inca history on a complete guided tour since the hands of our local experts; learn the history of this ancient Incan citadel along with its temples, terracing areas, dwellings, and location; and get your own snapshots from spots that only local guides know. To make your travel even more memorable enjoy the train ride from the comfort of the Glass Roof train (Vistadome Train) and scan scenic vistas along. This one-day Machu Picchu tour from Ollantaytambo, Urubamba, or Cusco is crafted to create an experience of a lifetime–Machu Picchu tour from Ollantaytambo, join us!
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit Adventures, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
UPGRADED COMFORT: Premium or Comfort trips are led by Peru Summit Adventures experts, an experienced crew at your side, or top trip leaders/guides, and tap into private local experts' resources to allow for in-depth exploration and special access to unique sites that only the local leaders/guides know. Itineraries are carefully crafted and fully planned, with plenty of free time to roam. Camping gears are high-end and accommodations are high-end or best available. Ground transportation and most meals (especially in hikes) and activities are included in the trip price.
EASY - MODERATE: Designed for everyone. Hotel nights and/or lodge nights, day tours, nature walks, hikes of two to four hours on some days. Other physical activities are sometimes included, such as optional sea kayaking, horseback riding.
Archaeology & Cultural Adventures
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
min 2 ppl, Max 8 ppl
Minimum of 02 people is needed to depart. Family groups, couple travelers, friends, or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our trips. Price is per person, which is based on two people who might share a room/tent. The itinerary is described and based on shared services as well as semi-private service; however, if you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
Yes, to protect MACHU PICCHU, the number of people allowed a day is limited to 3500 (spaces may vary depending on new regulations). That is why you should reserve your space as soon as possible. Spaces can be filled up three to four months in advance. Spaces fill more quickly in the high tourist season, from May to September.
Why experience the Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba
- Discover the lost Incan city of Machu Picchu, perched away in the Andes.
- Ideal itinerary for a short getaway without missing anything.
- Professional English-Speaking Local Guides who will Meet and Greet you at your hotel.
- Guaranteed departures with Just Two Travelers, you book you depart!
- Perfect for those staying at the Resorts, Hotels, and Airbnbs in Ollantaytambo, Urubamba, or Cusco.
- A private, flexible, and personalized guided tour conducted by a friendly local guide.
DAY 1: Ollantaytambo/Urubamba - Aguas Calientes Town - MachuPicchu
Exploring the Los City of the Incas
Early in the morning (exact pick-up time TBC) your Peru Summit Adventures guide will meet you at your hotel front desk, you will then be transferred to the train station of Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes town, this train ride is for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes town, you will go to the bus station to take the bus to Machu Picchu citadel (bus ride for 25 minutes), once at Machu Picchu you will have a private guided tour for 2 – 3 hours.
Huayna Picchu and/or Machu Picchu Mountain ticket can be added upon your request, if so, you will hike before or after the guided tour, this will depend on the availability of tickets.
After the guided tour, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes town where you will have time for lunch, after lunch you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo station from where you will be transferred to your hotel, you can even be transferred to Cusco city, if so, please let us know to arrange transportation.
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
- Machu Picchu entrance tickets are subject to availability; we strongly recommend booking this tour at least 2 months in advance since the Machu Picchu tickets are limited to 3500 a day.
- In the unlikely event the regular entrance tickets are sold out for the tour date, the alternative tickets with mountain options will be provided, these tickets grant you visit the lower part of the citadel (circuit 3). Please contact us before making your booking to see the availability.
- The Machu Picchu tickets, Huayna Picchu, and Machu Picchu Mountain tickets are not refundable nor transferable or cannot be rescheduled, this is one of the regulations of the Peruvian Ministry of Culture.
- Train tickets have the No-show penalty is 100% of the total cost, the train tickets are under the terms and conditions of train company.
- Pick-up time from the hotels (due to the location) may vary and it will be provided once the tour is confirmed.
- Train schedule and departure points will depend on the daily availability; this information will be provided as soon as we get your tour inquiry. Please contact us.
Included on the Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba
- All transfer service on a private Van/SUV with a professional driver from your hotel to train station and vice versa.
- Round trip train tickets on VISTADOME TRAIN (GLASS ROOF TRAIN)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Profesional private Tour Guide.
- Round trip bus tickets (there is a shuttle service between Aguas Calientes town and Machu Picchu citadel).
- 2-3 hour PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR AT MACHU PICCHU.
Not Included on the Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba
- Meals (there are plenty of restaurants in Aguas Calientes for your own choice).
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes, or any expenditure out of the tour budget.
- Tipping (expected but not compulsory, your own appreciation, any gratuities you wish to give are entirely at your discretion).
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please).
- PayPal or wire transfer fees.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain tickets at extra cost of $80.00 USD
Prices & Dates
|Number of participants||Price per person||Total ($ USD)|
|1 Participant||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.||Enquire Now|
|2 Participants||$ 800.00||$ 1 600.00||Enquire Now|
|3 Participants||$ 780.00||$ 2 340.00||Enquire Now|
|4 Participants||$ 750.00||$ 3 000.00||Enquire Now|
|5 Participants||$ 700.00||$ 3 500.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ Participants||We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.||Enquire Now|
(We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
(We have special rates for groups, which are over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the inquiry form.)
- Flexibility on dates: Choose your own dates, you decide when to start your journey.
- Perfect for families, group of mates (friends), honeymoon: Make this trip for you and your loved ones or someone special.
- Totally customizable: Travel the way you want; so you can travel exactly how you want. Book this trip as is or customize it to be as active or relaxed, rustic or luxurious as you wish to go. Perfect for multi-generational families and to celebrate a special anniversary or milestone birthday.
- Go at your own pace: Walk or explore on your own rhythm, forget to stay or keep up with the large groups. It's your own journey.
Note on Prices
Prices are quoted in US Dollars and all payments must be made in US Dollars. Prices are per person based on SEMI-PRIVATE service; we depart with 2 ppl as a minimum, 8 ppl as maximum, and an average of 4 ppl in a group.
Trip Payment Schedule
- At time of reservation: 50% of the total balance.
- 60 days prior to departure: Balance should be paid fully, or once upon your arrival in Cusco the other 50% of final balance must be paid fully.
Cancellation and Transfer Fee Schedule
- Minimum fee (hike permit fee): $75 per person
- 61-90 days prior to departure: 30% of trip cost
- 46-60 days prior to departure: 50% of trip cost
- 45 days or less: 100% of trip cost
What Makes Us Different!… Here’s, Why You Should Book With Us!
Making a choice of your right travel company/ tour operator is the most important decision you will make as you make your plans for a long-anticipated dreamed adventure. At first glance, some companies may seem cheaper. However, when you research a little deeper, you will see why traveling with Peru Summit Adventures assures that you will have the most memorable travel experience possible. In fact, we guarantee it, our TripAdvisor reviews say that.
Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translate to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices, here are the reasons why you should go with us!
1. We Focus on Details
2. Our Safety Record is Flawless
3. Knowledge and Expertise
4. The Smallest Groups en Route “Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo/Urubamba” – Averaging Just 4 Travelers
Besides, Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders.
5. We Deliver on Our Promises
We are very confident the quality of our Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo or Urubamba will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
6. The Best Fare For The Best Trip
7. You Book, You Go…Don’t Worry… We Won’t Cancel
8. We are Local Entrepreneurs, A Family Enterprise (we are not a gringo company)
Probably you will see that most of the tour operators mention it on their websites that are local tour companies, however, if you research a little deeper you will find out that’s not true, they might be although half of the operation is done from here and another half abroad, they even have NorthAmerican phone number or European phone numbers, which is a clue to find out, we are not against the foreigner companies or half foreign companies, what we are against is that they lie.
In Cusco exist just few truly local tour operators. If you did not know, foreign companies come to Peru to get rich without paying a General Sales Tax or Tax Contribution to our country. If you did not know that, according to the United Nations, for every US $100 spent on a tour in a developing country or foreign travel companies, only $5 stays in the local economy. Normally, almost all of the money flows back to large companies operating outside the destination countries. As we are a local family enterprise, we guarantee that your travel expenditures will support the local economy, and improve the lives of Peruvians through contributing to general sales tax.
9. Responsible Travel
Be a responsible traveller! Let’s make this world a better place for everyone and for everyone that lives in it! The natural environments that we travel to are fragile and abundant with beautiful culture and traditions that are often reliant on tourism. We have a responsibility as travelers to minimize the impact of our presence, protect what is delicate, and leave a positive influence everywhere we can.
As a locally owned and based Peruvian tour company, we integrate these practices into our in-country operations we are aiming for a style of travel that makes the world a better place for everyone, and for everyone that lives in it. Since our very first days as a tour operator, responsible business has been at the heart of what we do. Peru Summit Adventures is committed not just to treading lightly, but to making a real difference by helping and investing in local communities, education initiatives, environmental conservation projects. These values are not more than just words, they are ingrained in the culture and philosophy of our crew, daily operations of Peru Summit Adventures trips, and at our office too.
Our Flawless Reviews | Your Words -- We Tell It Like It Is!
Experience of a lifetime
Amanda R from EEUURead more...
Best trip of my life!
Michael P from EEUURead more...
Trekking Machu Picchu
Sam E from EEUURead more...
Custom Salkantay Trek for 13 Plus Wedding!
Meridith Craven from EEUURead more...
Ausengate Trek – Best 5 Days so far!
Stefanie from EEUURead more...
Salkantay Walk with Peru Summit
Daryl S from EEUURead more...
- Original passport (it’s required for Machu Picchu and train).
- Daypack to carry your personal belongings.
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- Hands sanitizer.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Credit or debit card.
- Any personal medication.
Whats the Trip Like
Pick up schedule
Drop off schedule
Experience – Difficulty
- Designed for everyone (kids, teens, adults)
- Small elevation changes along the way
- Some walks on uneven trails (it might have some Incan stairways in the Inca citadel)
Note on the entrance tickets
The Machu Picchu entrance tickets are limited to 3500 a day, thus the tickets sell out quickly especially in the high tourist season from April to October, that’s why we strongly recommend you book this tour at least 2 – 3 months in advance to secure the regular tickets, which grant you to explore the whole citadel. In the unlikely event, the regular tickets are fully sold out, the tickets with Machu Picchu mountain + CIRCUIT 3 (lower part of Machu Picchu) will be offered, this ticket grants you to explore the lower section of Machu Picchu until the middle part.
NOTE: Machu Picchu tickets, Huayna Picchu Mountain, and Machu Picchu mountain tickets are NOT refundable, nor transferable to third parties, or cannot reschedule, this is one of the regulations of the Peruvian Ministry of Culture since this site is under the management of this institution.
– Huayna Picchu Mountain Ticket: Its cost is $80.00 USD, it can be hiked before or after the Machu Picchu guided tour. Tickets must be booked 4 – 5 months in advance at least.
– Machu Picchu Mountain Ticket: Its cost is $80.00 USD, it’s only hiked before the guided tour at Machu Picchu. Tickets must be booked 2 – 3 months in advance at least.
Trek Leaders or Guides Are Part of the Core of Peru Summit Adventures and Your Perfect Local Companion
The perfect custom-made private tours, adventure tours, or expeditions don’t just happen. It takes a team of talented, knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced professionals to bring it all together and possible. Our team of Peru Summit Adventures Leaders is comprised of local trip veterans, seasoned tour veterans with rich backgrounds on history, archaeology, culture, cuisine, geology, biology, and more.
With the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the travel industry, our Trip Leaders safely deliver your trip-of-a-lifetime to maximize your Peru journeys and adventures every step of the way. Our Tour/Trek Leaders have worked extensively in the Peru isolated mountains, archaeological sites, hiking the Inca Trail (at least 150 times), Amazon jungle, and being at Machu Picchu for over 400 times at least, this guarantees your trip a unique and memorable experience.
Extend your Experience
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo & Urubamba, Machu Picchu and Peru, Machu Picchu, and Peru travel books for this trip. Our reading list Peru is custom-designed to complement specific Peru Summit destinations. We feature a handpicked selection of travel guides, maps, literature, books on art, cuisine, nature, and culture, designed to help you get more out of your travels to Machu Picchu & Peru.