Short Inca Trail 2 Days
Short Inca Trail 2 days–Hike Peru’s famous trail, Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in just one day which is commonly known as Inca Trail 2 days, witnessing the mind-blowing vistas and living a unique experience as you embark on this once in a lifetime trek of the Incas.
This is truly a unique chance to hike to Machu Picchu in a short way and see it twice, one of the greatest sights the world has to offer. This Short Inca Trail 2 days trek offers a shortened version of the regular 4-day trek, perfect for visitors who wish to arrive to the ruins by foot, the same way the Incas originally did, but without the strain and time commitment of the classic 4-day Inca Trail. This Short Inca Trail 2 days starts close to the end of the 4-day Inca trail and follows the final leg of the famous route, arriving to Machu Picchu via the Gate of the Sun.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at email@example.com to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
Peru Summit Adventures™ Advantages:
Since 2014 and since the very first day of our operation, Peru Summit has been blazing new trails, new ways of experiencing in Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Our trailblazing is just one reason we are a uniquely qualified local company to ensure you have a trip of a lifetime.
- Hike a part of the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and see it twice.
- Make a positive impact on this place by going with a “Green Engage” tour operator, We do know how to care of our mother earth.
- Travel & Trek with someone who hiked the Inca Trail for over 300 times, Salkantay Trek for over 200 times, Choquequirao Trek for over 150 times, Ausangate Trek for over 100 times, Lares Trek for over 50 times, being at Machu Picchu for over 600 times.
- Explore trail-side archaeological sites that only Short Inca Trail 2 days hikers have access to.
- Hike to Machu Picchu on mystical, stone-paved paths built by the Incas.
- Enter Machu Picchu on foot through the Gate of the Sun, as the Incas once did.
- Spend the last day at Incomparable Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas” with a private guide.
- Direct & official local tour operator with headquarter in Cusco, accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism.
Group Size: We need a minimum of 02 people to depart. Family groups, friend travelers, couple travelers or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our adventure to Machu Picchu. Prices are per person which are based on two people. The itinerary is described and based on shared services; however, you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
The Smallest Groups en Route – Averaging Just 4 Travelers
Could you imagine trying to hike silently along an isolated trail, carefully not disturbing shy wildlife, with 10 or 20 other travelers? Or walking on a remote area to explore the pristine wilderness with dozens of other tourists at your side? We know meaningful nature encounters must be undertaken in small groups. That’s why our trips come with an average of just four travelers, by far the smallest groups in the tourism industry across the country. This not only guarantees you more personal close-up wildlife experience, but a less-impact presence on the earth’s brittle natural places we love.
Besides, Machu Picchu offers one of the world’s most spellbinding travel experiences. But it’s also a world-renowned destination, and touring the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists shoving for photos, and competing to hear the guide, your once in a lifetime visit to this World Heritage Site may lose its magic. Our Machu Picchu Trips are scheduled with an average of just four travelers, allowing for a deeper exploration of the lost city of the Incas, with our Local Experts / Tour Leaders.
We Deliver on Our Promises
We are very confident the quality of our journeys will get your expectations and that you will savor the best possible of cultural travel experience, nature travel experience, and adventure travel experience if you are dissatisfied, we’ll happily give you credit for an extra trip or for a future journey. It’s, to our knowledge, the best guarantee in the travel business.
Think Green, Think Global for a Better Place for Everyone
Traveling with us you are making a big difference in favor of the environment, our trips are rated as eco-friendly trips to ensure that fragile ecosystems are protected and maintained for future human generations, also maintain ecosystem and environment integrity through considering a sustainable and ethical business model. Making genuine and sustainable itineraries often translates to real costs, with a host of responsible travel practices that underpin our prices.
Service Level: Upgraded.
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
MODERATE: Half- to full-day hikes (3-6 hours) over rolling countryside on most days, occasional steep trails. Many of our hotel-based walking tours are in this category, as are our day-hikes adventures.
Activities: Hiking / Trekking, Archaeology, Cultural Adventures.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Short Inca Trail 2 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
- 3-star Hotel in Aguas Calientes Town / Machu Picchu Town.
Price: From US$ 600/ 2 Days
The price is subject to a hotel (Cabaña hotel or similar hotel) in Machupicchu town; however, you want to have four-star or five-star hotel we would provide you that class hotel, so you would add the difference to the total balance. Besides the price is subject on two-person. Whether you would like to take a private service, our service would increase in US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person. We need a minimum of two people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
The Best Fare For The Best Trip
We don’t believe any other tour companies make comparable trips when you take into account our unique itineraries and signature itineraries, impressive locations, small groups and quality Trek Leaders / Tour Leaders. But, should you come across a similar itinerary or matching itinerary of our quality at a cheaper price, even within 45 days after booking with us, we will happily refund the difference. It’s how we deliver our promise.
You Book, You Go…Don’t Worry… We Won’t Cancel
While other tour companies generally cancel their trips due to low participation of travelers or outsource their travelers to other big groups tour operators, we guarantee that we will never cancel a trip because of low signing-up or participation for the departure date neither outsource our travelers to other tour operators! This makes to our travelers the assurance and peace of mind to know their travel plans are insured and guaranteed.
Request a Quote: We can customize this private trek just for you. Any detail can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and other destinations. Call us at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote, Here.
Limited Spaces: Yes. To protect the historical trail, the number of people allowed to hike the Short Inca Trail 2 days each day is limited to 250. That is why you should reserve your space as soon as possible. Spaces can be filled up three to four months in advance. Spaces fill more quickly in the high tourist season, from May to September.
Day 1, Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km 104 – Machu Picchu
We go to your hotel in Cusco to pick you up at 3:30 Am, we will then drive for 1 hour and 45 minutes to Ollantaytambo train station to take the train to Km 104, which is the beginning of the trail. At Km 104 the train stops to get off and go walking to the main checkpoint for the respective registration, this place is located at an elevation of 2,150 m/ 7,052 ft, after the registration we will walk for a couple of minutes and we will reach the first Incan site called Chachabamba that consists in having temples, the main patio, sacred rock, etc. In which, our guide will deliver a great information about this site. Afterward, we will continue walking gradually uphill enjoying the spectacular sceneries until reaching the Wiñaywayna Incan temple whose meaning is “forever young”, where our guide will deliver you a great history of the site. After the exploration of Incan temple, we’ll take our snacks or packed lunch at the Checkpoint of Wiñaywayna. We’ll then continue hiking to Machu Picchu for two more hours, entering in this wonder of the world through the Gate of the Sun, from where we’ll have the first views of the famed Incan city, and take our time to make great shots from this point. Once we arrive at Machu Picchu we’ll take our time to make great shots of the Incan city, as the afternoon is usually with fewer people. We’ll then take the bus to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes town) where we’ll stay at cozy hotel Cabaña, and have dinner at the restaurant (this last dinner is not included).
Hiking distance: 12 km / 7.46 miles.
Hiking time: 6 – 7 hours.
Lowest elevation: 2,150 m / 7,052 ft.
Highest elevation: 2,650 m / 8,692 ft.
Physical rating: Moderate.
Highlight: Original section of Inca Trail, exploration of two Incan ruins before Machu Picchu, first views of Machu Picchu from the Gate of the Sun, and gaze out Machu Picchu in the late afternoon.
Day 2, Guided Tour at Machu Picchu – Cusco
Today a great breakfast at the hotel makes us ready for a full morning exploration of Machu Picchu on a private tour with your Trek Leader. We’ll take the bus back to Machu Picchu early in the morning for an amazing tour until 12:00 pm (Machu Picchu permits will issue for the first group which is from 6:00 am to 12:00 pm).
If you have booked a permit for Wayna Picchu mountain, you’ll climb the mountain after the tour; however, spaces are subject to availability. In the unlikely event that Wayna Picchu permits are not available for your departure date, you will climb Machu Picchu Mountain instead.
After a great time at the Incan emperor’s palace, we’ll take the bus down to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes town), where we’ll have lunch (not included). In the afternoon we’ll take the train back to Ollantaytambo train station and/or Poroy train station, as of this place continue driving to your hotel in Cusco.
Note on Itinerary
Although we do our very best possible to adhere to the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change for several reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather, natural disasters, and terrain conditions. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it!
Weather in Short Inca Trail 2 days
Average daytime temperatures in and around Cusco generally range from 55º – 75º F with evenings cooling down into the 40º and 50º. Much of this itinerary takes place in the mountains, where weather can change very quickly and evening temperatures regularly drop into the 30º and 40º. As our treks are planned during the “dry season”, days are typically clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds occasionally building and leading to small amounts of rainfall, and morning temperatures usually range from 35º and 45º with some frost on the tents, and frosty plains in some locations. While April and November departures may experience slightly higher amounts of rainfall, all-day rain is unusual. We will be hiking over multiple mountain passes which are over 14,104 ft, so should you be prepared for unpredictable mountain weather.
Peru Summit Includes for Short Inca Trail 2 Days
- Transportation from your hotel to the Ollantaytambo train station.
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – KM 104.
- Train ticket back to Cusco at the end of our journey.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
- One night hotel in Machupicchu town.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket up and down in Machu Picchu the last day.
- Private bus from the train station to hotel in Cusco.
- Trek Leader, Our Leaders are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
- Meals: Breakfast (1), lunch (1).
Peru Summit Does Not Include for Short Inca Trail 2 Days
- Hiking poles US$5 per day( a pair of poles, Black Diamond or Leki brand), you might get them rented from us.
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Gratuities for the guides, and other staff.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
Suggested Reading List
We have created a custom comprehensive listing of Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and Peru travel books for this trip.
Trek Gear List / Trip Checklist
- Original passport and Student ISIC card (if applicable), and some copies.
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us)
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Crédit or debit card.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).