Inca Trail 2 Days
Inca Trail 2 days–Hike the Peru’s famous trail, Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in just one day which is commonly known as Inca Trail 2 days, witnessing the mind-blowing vistas and living a unique experience as you embark on this once in a lifetime trek of the Incas. This is truly a unique chance to hike to Machu Picchu in short way and see it twice, the one of the greatest sights the world has to offer. This Inca Trail 2 days trek offers a shortened version of the regular 4-day trek, perfect for visitors who wish to arrive to the ruins by foot, the same way the Incas originally did, but without the strain and time commitment of the classic 4-day Inca Trail. This Inca Trail 2 days starts close to the end of the 4-day inca trail and follows the final leg of the famous route, arriving to Machu Picchu via the Gate of the Sun.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime – give us a call at +51 984 464 391 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book your spot today!
This trip is officially operated by Peru Summit, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
- Hike a part of the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu just in one day.
- Explore trail-side archaeological sites that only Inca Trail hikers have access to.
- Hike to Machu Picchu on mystical, stone-paved paths built by the Incas.
- Enter Machu Picchu on foot through the Gate of the Sun, as the Incas once did.
- Spend the last day at Incomparable Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas” with a private guide.
- Direct & official local tour operator based in Cusco, managed by locals.
Group Size: We need a minimum of 02 people to depart. Family groups, friend travelers, couple travelers or even if you’re a SOLO traveler, you are welcome to our adventure to Machu Picchu. Prices are per person which are based on two people. The itinerary is described and based on shared services; however, you are looking for a private service, that would be upon request.
Service Level: Upgraded.
Physical Grading: 1 2 3 4 5 6
MODERATE: Half- to full-day hikes (3-6 hours) over rolling countryside on most days, occasional steep trails. Many of our hotel-based walking tours are in this category, as are our day-hikes adventures.
Activities: Hiking / Trekking, Archaeology, Cultural Adventures.
Important Note: While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Inca Trail 2 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, eg, strikes, natural desasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
- 3 star Hotel in Aguas Calientes Town / Machu Picchu Town.
Price: From US$ 590/ 2 Days
The price is subject to an hotel (Cabaña) in Machupicchu town; however, you want to have four-start or five-start hotel we would provide you that class hotel, so you would add the difference to the total balance. Besides the price is subject on two-person. Whether you would like to take a private service, our service would increase in US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
We need a minimum of two people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people. To ensure a private tour with us, our price increases US$350 with two-person, US$300 with three-person, US$250 with four-person or more, these prices are applied to each person.
Request a Quote: We can customize this private trek just for you. Any element can be tailored – activities, length, hotels and other destinations. Call us at +51 984 464 391 or request a quote, Here.
Limited Spaces: Yes. To protect the historical trail, the number of people allowed to hike the Inca Trail 2 days each day is limited to 250. That is why, you should reserve your space as soon as possible. Spaces can be filled up three to four months in advance. Spaces fill more quickly in the high tourist season, from May to September.
Acclimatization: Please allow a minimum of 1 day in Cusco before your hike begins to Inca Trail 2 days.
DAY 1, CUSCO – KM 104 – MACHU PICCHU
We go to your hotel to pick you up very early in the morning, and we drive for one and half-hour to Ollantaytambo train station to take the train to Km 104, which is the beginning of the trail. At Km 104 the train stops to get off and go walking to the main checkpoint for the respective registration, this place is located at an elevation of 2,150 m/ 7,052 ft, after the registration we will walk for a couple of minutes and we will reach the first Incan site called Chachabamba that consists in having temples, the main patio, sacred rock, etc. In which, our guide will deliver a great information about this site. Afterward, we will continue walking gradually uphill enjoying the spectacular sceneries until reaching the Wiñaywayna Incan temple whose meaning is “forever young”, where our guide will deliver you a great history of the site. After the exploration of Incan temple, we’ll take our snacks or packed lunch at the Checkpoint of Wiñaywayna. We’ll then continue hiking to Machu Picchu for two more hours, entering in this wonder of the world through the Gate of the Sun, from where we’ll have the first views of the famed Incan city, and take our time to make great shots from this point. Once we arrive at Machu Picchu we’ll take our time to make great shots of the Incan city, as the afternoon is usually with fewer people. We’ll then take the bus to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes town) where we’ll stay at cozy hotel Cabaña, and have dinner at the restaurant (this last dinner is not included).
Hiking distance: 12 km / 7.46 miles.
Hiking time: 6 – 7 hours.
Lowest elevation: 2,150 m / 7,052 ft.
Highest elevation: 2,650 m / 8,692 ft.
Physical rating: Moderate.
Highlight: Original section of Inca Trail, exploration of two Incan ruins before Machu Picchu, first views of Machu Picchu from the Gate of the Sun, and gaze out Machu Picchu in the late afternoon.
DAY 2, GUIDED TOUR AT MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Today a great breakfast at the hotel makes us ready for a full morning exploration of Machu Picchu on a private tour with your Trek Leader. We’ll take the bus back to Machu Picchu early in the morning for an amazing tour until 12:00 pm (Machu Picchu permits will issue for the first group which is from 6:00 am to 12:00 pm).
If you have booked a permit for Wayna Picchu mountain, you’ll climb the mountain after the tour; however, spaces are subject to availability. In the unlikely event that Wayna Picchu permits are not available for your departure date, you will climb Machu Picchu Mountain instead.
After a great time at the Incan emperor’s palace, we’ll take the bus down to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes town), where we’ll have lunch (not included). In the afternoon we’ll take the train back to Ollantaytambo train station and/or Poroy train station, as of this place continue driving to your hotel in Cusco.
NOTE ON ITINERARY
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule above, the itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including strikes, weather and terrain conditions.
Andean nights can get quite cold (between 30 and 40 degrees F) with daytime temperatures warming up to 60-86 degrees F. Much of the trip is in the cloud forest mountains where weather can change very quickly. Typically, days are clear and pleasant, with afternoon clouds building in the spring and fall months. Cool and misty conditions are possible, but all-day rain is unlikely.
PERU SUMMIT INCLUDES
- Transportation from your hotel to the Ollantaytambo train station.
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – KM 104.
- Train ticket back to Cusco at the end of our journey.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
- One night hotel in Machupicchu town.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket up and down in Machu picchu the last day.
- Private bus from the train station to hotel in Cusco.
- Trek Leader, Our Leaders are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
- Meals: Breakfast (1), lunch (1).
PERU SUMMIT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Hiking poles US$5 per day( a pair of poles, Black Diamond or leki brand), you might get them rented from us.
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as: soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, tickets for the hot Springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Gratuities for the guides, and other staff.
- Travel Insurance.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation, interruption; an insurance to protect your travel investment, Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
- Original passport and Student ISIC card (if applicable), and some copies.
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- Hiking poles ( or you can rent one pair from us)
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes.
- Good hiking boots with protector ankle or similar, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Hiking long sleeve T-shirts.
- Hiking trousers.
- Hiking socks.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- Crédit or debit card.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen).
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may take).