CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 SITUATION IN MACHU PICCHU AND PERU
Our Commitment to Clients and Travel Updates
Last updated: January 2nd, 2021
The health, wellbeing, happiness of our travellers and staff is at our very heart of all that we do in Peru Summit Adventures, In these extraordinary times, we are striving to be as flexible, supportive, and responsive as possible. For current clients, we are trying to help defer their travel plans; for new clients, we are providing advice on where and when they should travel. Either way, our knowledgeable and experienced team is here to help guide you through this unprecedented situation.
Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, we have made a number of updates to our safety guidelines, flexible booking conditions, and trip departures. We will continue to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on travel through the Government of Peru, and our partners on the ground throughout the country. We will keep our community of travelers well informed of all new developments as we learn more. The safety and wellbeing of our travellers, leaders, suppliers, and staff remains our priority and as the world begins to open up again, we look forward to having you travel with us soon.
We believe that tourism is the only industry that reaches all the background parts of a destination where communities/locals get the economic benefits directly and Peru Summit Adventures also has a commitment with the local communities that tourism benefits to them. This situation also has the potential to be damaging to them. Therefore, we are giving the option to change the travel date to reschedule your travel date during 2021 (preferable after August) and 2022 with no extra charge to ensure that everything is alright again by then. Given the unprecedented impact of COVID-19, we have been adapting our booking conditions and cancellation policy regularly to adapt to the constantly evolving nature of this now pandemic. We have updated our policy effective immediately. This policy will provide you with the assurance that your booking is secure with Peru Summit Adventures to be used in the future.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time and look forward to welcoming you when the time is righ
TO OUR CLIENTS WITH UPCOMING TRAVEL
Your safety and security is our number one priority at Peru Summit Adventures. With nations around the world limiting travel, we are working to support our clients who have imminent departure plans that they need to reschedule. For those traveling before August 31st, our Destination Experts will be in direct contact to discuss the options available to you and provide the latest updates regarding the destination you are traveling to.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: BOOK RISK-FREE GUARANTEE
Book now for travel with Peru Summit Adventures in 2021 without worry. Because you can change your mind for any reason right up to thirty days before departure. Starting today, when you book before December 31st, 2020, you have the flexibility of knowing that, for any reason, you may postpone your trip or cancel it for a 100% future travel credit. Your travel investment is always fully protected. No strings attached. So, you have real peace of mind. See below for more details.
Book Risk-Free Terms and Conditions
If you book a trip with Peru Summit Adventures S.R.L. (“Peru Summit Adventures”) between August 3rd, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time and December 31st, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“Booking Guarantee Window”), your trip qualifies for our Book Risk-Free, Guaranteed offer. Except for the Inca Trail Hikes and Machu Picchu. See details below:
More Flexibility for Changes
If you notify Peru Summit Adventures up to 30 days prior to your departure date of your intention to change your trip dates or make a destination change, you will receive a 100% travel credit to be applied against your changed trip booked by Peru Summit Adventures, provided that it is of the same or greater value. You are responsible for any amounts owing on your changed Peru Summit Adventures trip that exceed the 100% credit amount.
Machu Picchu Fees, Inca Trail Permits
If your trip extends to Machu Picchu, Wayna Picchu Mountain, Machu Picchu Montana or includes Inca Trail, and want to reschedule, then, only the permits and fees’ costs will be charged extra, this is because of the Peruvian government does not allow to change the permits and fee’s dates.
Any services, including air, hotels, booked by a third party other than Peru Summit Adventures are not included in the offer. Your trip is non-exchangeable and non-refundable at 30 days or less prior to your departure date.
INCA TRAIL PERMITS, MACHU PICCHU TICKETS, WAYNA PICCHU, AND MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN TICKETS
All Inca Trail permits, Machu Picchu, Wayna Picchu, and Machu Picchu Montana tickets are not refundable, changeable, reschedule, or transferable. This is one of the regulations of the Peruvian Government through the Ministry of Culture.
THE CURRENT SITUATION IN PERU
- Starting January 4, 2021, all travelers arriving to Peru must quarantine for 14 days at their home, in the Pan American Village or another temporary isolation center, or in a lodging, after coordination with Peruvian health authorities. There is no exception for anyone, all people from any abroad country arriving in Peru must follow this regulation (updated on January 2nd, 2021).
- All flights to Europe and vice versa will be closed for two weeks as of December 21st (updated on December 21st).
- After almost 8 months of being closed, Machu Picchu has resumed its operation as of today (November 1st) for national and international tourism. (updated on November 1st).
- International flights have now 8 hours of duration. And the new destinations that were added are Brasil, Mexico, and the United States (further flight information, consult your flight company) (updated on November 1st).
- International flights to the mentioned countries have resumed as of today (updated on October 5th).
- Sworn Declarations is required, which could be done at Peru’s immigration website or app find here the website and app. Make sure to refill all the information within the 72 hours prior to your travel (updated on October 5th).
- All passengers/travellers must have a negative molecular diagnostic test prior to the 72-hour flight (updated on October 5th).
- President Martín Vizcarra has announced that international flights will resume on October 5th within the framework of phase 4 of economic reactivation (updated on September 29th).
- The international flights will be given with neighboring countries, after negotiation with the authorities of each of them. These countries are Chile (Santiago), Ecuador (Guayaquil & Quito), Colombia (Bogota, Cali, Medellin), Bolivia (La Paz & Santa Cruz), Panama (Panama), Paraguay (Asuncion), Uruguay (Montevideo). Then, progressively the flights will be allowed to more destinations (updated on September 29th).
- President Martin Vizcarra has also announced that passengers/travellers must have a negative molecular diagnostic test prior to the 72-hour flight (updated on September 29th).
- Within the framework of the economic and tourist reactivation, the Cusco region will receive Cusco residents to visit Machu Picchu and other Inca archaeological sites for free of charge as of October 5th. Subsequently, Peruvian citizens will be allowed, and lastly the foreigner travellers (updated on September 29th).
- As of October 5th, Peru will be in “Phase 4” of its economic recovery plan. Accordingly, stores will be at 50% of customer capacity, restaurants and similar institutions (excluding bars) will be opened at 50% of customer capacity, and hotels and travel agencies will be authorized to reopen. The reactivation does not apply to the regions where the quarantine is still in effect (updated on September 29th).
- The Peruvian Minister of Means of Communications and Transportation has announced that the international flights are going to restart with the operation to/from Peru as of October 1st, 2020 (updated on September 2nd).
- The mentioned minister has stated that the first flights will be limited per day and the first flights will cover the destinations like the United States of America, Mexico, Spain, Chile, Argentina, Brasil (updated on September 2nd).
- The state of emergency and the quarantine are still on until September 30th, 2020, at nights the curfew from 20:00 to 4:00 for the province of Cusco (updated on September 1st).
- The Peruvian government has set again the state of emergency and the quarantine as of August 1st through August 31st, 2020, and at nights the curfew from 20:00 to 4:00 for the province of Cusco (updated on August 3rd).
- The domestic flights and ground transportation are going to be restricted to Cusco province until August 31st. (updated on August 3rd).
- The Peruvian Ministry of Means of Communications and Transportation has stated that the international flights would restart with the operation to/from Peru as of December 2020, or January 2021 (updated on August 3rd).
- The Peruvian government has stated that international flights would be allowed as of mid-August or September but have not yet given an exact date (updated on July 15th)
- The domestic flights and ground transportation (bus service) have started with their operation as of today (July 15th). The passengers must sign an affidavit, use a mask, and a COVID-19 face protector (updated on July 15th)
- Inca Trail permits and Machu Picchu tickets remain non-refundable per government regulations. No additional permits will be issued for dates that have cancellations and remaining permits are still “first come, first served.” (updated on July 15th)
- You can secure your preferred dates of a rescheduled Inca Trail Trek by notifying us as of mid-August, 2020 (updated on July 15th)
- The Peruvian government proactively closed the country’s borders in a declaration of a state of emergency as of March 16th. On June 26th, the Peruvian government extended this state of emergency until July 31st. We are on standby for any changes to this and will share as soon as we inform ourselves (updated on June 27th)
- The Peruvian government through the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism has issued an announcement that all the archaeological parks, landmarks like Machu Picchu were going to open as of July 1st, whose number of visitors would be limited a day. However, the Peruvian government has issued another notice that the archaeological parks, landmarks, and other tourist attractions will still be closed for a while (updated on June 27h)
- As of June 26th through July 31st, Peru will be still on the state of emergency, however, the quarantine is already over in most of the states of the country (updated on June 27th)
- Cusco state is out of quarantine as of July 1st, although the state of emergency will still rule the city and its provinces with some restrictions like people whose age is over 65 and below 14 cannot go out, as well as people with any chronic disease. The curfew will be still from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am (updated on June 27th)
- The railroad company–Peru Rail is not making any refunds, otherwise, postponing the tickets to be used in the future trips (updated on March 16th)
- We, as a local family tour company are getting tour bookings for 2021 and 2022, all tours which are booked until October 31st are under the “Book Risk-Free Policy” (updated on March 16th)
- The Peruvian government will not reduce or eliminate tour company taxes on March, April, May fixed tours, despite the fact that no tours can run. We don’t know about later months at this time (updated on March 16th)
- As soon as the borders are opened and the Peruvian Government allows us to open the business, we will restart with our operation for our existed fixed trip departures (updated on March 16th)
Considerations for Flights
– Sworn Declarations: All passengers (including minors) are required to sign a sworn declaration prior to boarding stating that they are not presenting COVID-19 symptoms and that they have not been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days. Fill up this information 72 hours prior to your travel date at Peru’s immigration website or app.
– Molecular Diagnostic Test: All passengers/travellers must have a negative molecular diagnostic test prior to the 72-hour flight.
– Free Covid-19 Card: It is very likely that this card will be required to enter the country as the Peruvian Minister of Means of Communications and Transportation has said that they were reviewing all these requirements (this information will be updated as soon as the updated information will be released).
– Face Coverings and Social Distancing: Facemasks in addition to face shields are required/ are mandatory. The wearing of facemasks in public places is mandatory and social distancing measures must be respected.
– Check-in: Passengers departing from the Jorge Chávez International Airport in Lima should arrive three (3) hours prior to departure for check-in. Travelers departing from regional airports should arrive two (2) hours prior to departure.
– Health Screening: All passengers will have their temperature taken prior to entering the airport and upon arrival. Individuals with a fever or a temperature over 38ºC (100.4ºF) will not be allowed to enter the passenger terminal or proceed with the travel to other regions within the country.
– Children: Minors under 14 may only travel with a parent or guardian. Children may not travel unaccompanied.
– Further precise information regarding the flight to/from Peru to your country, contact your local embassy.
JUST TO KNOW
Peru Summit Adventures is a small family tour enterprise with sustainable and responsible practices. We have been experiencing hundreds of messages and calls about postponing or canceling at this time and want you to know that while this pandemic is really scary for us and it must be for you too. We are committed to helping our clients, staff, community, and being resilient to come through this together.
Unlike most of the tour companies are requesting the tour pre-paid deposits as a donation for them if clients do not want to reschedule their trips, with the idea to use the deposits to help their employees (it may be a scam), here at Peru Summit Adventures as an ethical family tour company we are not asking or requesting any donations to our clients because we do understand that everyone is navigating through these difficult times and need something to be supported, it’s how we are very committed with our clients as well. If our travelers are willing to reschedule their travel dates, that’s more than welcome for us.
A SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE RETURN TO TRAVEL
Our first priority is always to protect the health and safety of our clients, leaders, crew, staff and suppliers, and our return to operations will be done in a safe and responsible way. As travel resumes, we have implemented a new set of standards, specific and stringent precautions that ensure a positive travel experience for our clients, and a safe working environment for our team. Because, now more than ever, we believe that custom private-guided tour is the right choice.
We have reviewed and analyzed all our health and safety policies and are implementing new minimum standards that emphasize increased hygiene and sanitation for our trips. These are in line with recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and following the Adventure Travel Trade Asociation (ATTA) Safe Travel protocols and guidelines for tour operators. Before we resume tours in any destination, our itineraries will undergo a comprehensive risk assessment and audit, while leaders will complete COVID-19 health and safety training.
Before travelling, we recommend you revise your government’s travel advisory and the World Health Organization website for the most up to date information about destinations and permitted travel from each country.
Your Safety is Our Top Priority, What You Can Expect in Our Trips/Tours:
Extensive COVID-19 safety guidelines assure your wellbeing is monitored during and after your trips. We have mandated to our leaders and crew regular temperature checks to help ensure they are healthy. They will wear gloves and masks and maintain appropriate social distancing during their time with you. We will also ensure that you have access to hand sanitizer and masks.
Private Tours, Uniquely Yours
We believe that a custom private-guided tour is a right choice for now. Exclusive use of private transportation, private leader, private crew.
Sanitized Vehicles and Camping Gears
Our private vehicles will be thoroughly sanitized prior to each tour and transfer, as well as all of our camping and trekking gears will be meticulously revised. We are committed to ensuring that each vehicle and each camping tent will be stocked with gloves, hand sanitizer, and face masks.
Flexible bookings provide peace of mind. We understand that sometimes plans may change. That’s why, when you book with us you have the flexibility to change your travel plans, with the assurance that you will have options to re-book when it suits you. As long as you notify us about changes to your travel plans at least 30 days before your scheduled departure, you can pick new travel dates, with no extra cost. Some exclusions may apply to trips that finish at Machu Picchu or Inca Trail (see at the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu section above).
Local Private Leaders & Private Crew
Our crew will be there for you at any time who will monitor anything during your stay with us. They will be responsible for you having the time of your life, which includes keeping you safe and happy. They will make sure that your safety and wellbeing are the number one priority. Our leaders are trained in First Aid, CPR, and other safety protocols.
Unbeatable 24/7 Support
Rest assured that whichever tour you are planning, your Local Expert is up to date on the situation on the ground, this is all possible just being a true local using the local knowledge. 24/7 support from our local experts, and new health and safety training, they will continue to do everything they can to ensure you enjoy your adventure in whatever way makes you most comfortable.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT PERU SUMMIT ADVENTURES?
For any questions, or if you wish to speak with one of our representatives, please feel free to contact us through the below channels:
- Phone: + 51 984 464 391
- WhatsApp: + 51 984 464 391
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
We are grateful for your support through this challenging time, and encourage everyone to be kind to one another while we navigate this global crisis.
Carlos Borda R: Explorer, President & Founder of Peru Summit Adventures S.R.L