Coronavirus Covid-19 Situation in Machu Picchu and Peru
Our Commitment to Clients and Travel Updates
Last updated: June 27th, 2020
The health, wellbeing, happiness of our travellers and staff is at our very heart of all that we do in Peru Summit Adventures, In these extraordinary times, we are striving to be as flexible, supportive, and responsive as possible. For current clients, we are trying to help defer their travel plans; for new clients, we are providing advice on where and when they should travel. Either way, our knowledgeable and experienced team is here to help guide you through this unprecedented situation.
We will continue to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on travel through the Government of Peru, and our partners on the ground throughout the country. We will keep our community of travelers well informed of all new developments as we learn more.
We believe that tourism is the only industry that reaches all the background parts of a destination where communities/locals get the economic benefits directly and Peru Summit Adventures also has a commitment with the local communities that tourism benefits to them. This situation also has the potential to be damaging to them. Therefore, we are giving the option to change the travel date to reschedule your travel date at the end of 2020, or during 2021 and 2022 with no extra charge to ensure that everything is alright again by then. Given the unprecedented impact of COVID-19, we have been adapting our booking conditions and cancellation policy regularly to adapt to the constantly evolving nature of this now pandemic. We have updated our policy effective immediately. This policy will provide you with the assurance that your booking is secure with Peru Summit Adventures to be used in the future.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time and look forward to welcoming you when the time is right.
To Our Clients With Upcoming Travel
Your safety and security is our number one priority at Peru Summit Adventures. With nations around the world limiting travel, we are working to support our clients who have imminent departure plans that they need to reschedule. For those traveling before July 31st, our Destination Experts will be in direct contact to discuss the options available to you and provide the latest updates regarding the destination you are traveling to.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.
Book Risk-Free, Guarantee
Book now for travel with Peru Summit Adventures in 2021 without worry. Because you can change your mind for any reason right up to seven days before departure. Starting today, when you book before July 31st, 2020, you have the flexibility of knowing that, for any reason, you may postpone your trip or cancel it for a 100% future travel credit. Your travel investment is always fully protected. No strings attached. So, you have real peace of mind. See below for more details.
Book Risk-Free Terms and Conditions
If you book a trip with Peru Summit Adventures S.R.L. (“Peru Summit Adventures”) between May 15, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time and July 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“Booking Guarantee Window”), your trip qualifies for our Book Risk-Free, Guaranteed offer. Except for the Inca Trail Hikes and Machu Picchu. See details below:
- More Flexibility for Changes. If you notify Peru Summit Adventures up to 7 days prior to your departure date of your intention to change your trip dates or make a destination change, you will receive a 100% travel credit to be applied against your changed trip booked by Peru Summit Adventures, provided that it is of the same or greater value. You are responsible for any amounts owing on your changed Peru Summit Adventures trip that exceed the 100% credit amount.
- Machu Picchu fees, Inca Trail permits. If your trip extends to Machu Picchu, Wayna Picchu Mountain, Machu Picchu Montana or includes Inca Trail, and want to reschedule, then, only the permits and fees’ costs will be charged extra, this is because of the Peruvian government does not allow to change the permits and fee’s dates.
- Exclusions. Any services, including air, hotels, booked by a third party other than Peru Summit Adventures are not included in the offer. Your trip is non-exchangeable and non-refundable at 7 days or less prior to your departure date.
* During the Booking Guarantee Window, this special promotion replaces and supersedes the cancellation terms set forth in Peru Summit Adventures’ Terms & Conditions except for the Inca Trail and trips with Machu Picchu options (further details at Inca Trail section). In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between this Special Promotion and our Terms & Conditions, this Special Promotion shall govern. We reserve the right to change the terms of this special promotion at any time.
Inca Trail Permits, Machu Picchu Tickets, Wayna Picchu, and Machu Picchu Mountain Tickets
All Inca Trail permits, Machu Picchu, Wayna Picchu, and Machu Picchu Montana tickets whose travel dates are within the state of emergency window can be only changed for once to other dates in 2020, this is the regulation of the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism. The Peruvian government is not offering any refunds but is being flexible and allowing us to change permit dates (Inca Trail permits, Machu Picchu fees, Wayna Picchu, and Machu Picchu mountain tickets). Permit dates have historically never been changeable, but permit fees paid on canceled trips are now able to be moved to new permit dates when you choose your trip departures. All Inca Trail Permits, Machu Picchu, Wayna Picchu, and Machu Picchu Montana tickets that will be booked for 2021 will be subject to the regular terms and conditions by Peruvian Government where there is no possibility to reschedule the tickets or permit dates.
The Current Situation in Peru
- The Peruvian government proactively closed the country’s borders in a declaration of a state of emergency as of March 16th. On June 26th, the Peruvian government extended this state of emergency until July 31st. We are on standby for any changes to this and will share as soon as we inform ourselves.
- The Peruvian government through the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism has issued an announcement that all the archaeological parks, landmarks like Machu Picchu were going to open as of July 1st, whose number of visitors would be limited a day. However, the Peruvian government has issued another notice that the archaeological parks, landmarks, and other tourist attractions will still be closed for a while.
- As of June 26th through July 31st, Peru will be still on the state of emergency, however, the quarantine is already over in most of the states of the country.
- Cusco state is out of quarantine as of July 1st, although the state of emergency will still rule the city and its provinces with some restrictions like people whose age is over 65 and below 14 cannot go out, as well as people with any chronic disease. The curfew will be still from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am.
- The railroad company–Peru Rail is not making any refunds, otherwise, postponing the tickets to be used in the future trips.
- We, as a local family tour company are getting tour bookings for 2021 and 2022, all tours which are booked until July 31st are under the “Book Risk-Free Policy”.
- The Peruvian government will not reduce or eliminate tour company taxes on March, April, May fixed tours, despite the fact that no tours can run. We don’t know about later months at this time.
- As soon as the borders are opened and the Peruvian Government allows us to open the business, we will restart with our operation for our existed fixed trip departures.
Just to Know
Peru Summit Adventures is a small family tour enterprise with sustainable and responsible practices. We have been experiencing hundreds of messages and calls about postponing or canceling at this time and want you to know that while this pandemic is really scary for us and it must be for you too. We are committed to helping our clients, staff, community, and being resilient to come through this together.
Unlike most of the tour companies are requesting the tour pre-paid deposits as a donation for them if clients do not want to reschedule their trips, with the idea to use the deposits to help their employees (it may be a scam), here at Peru Summit Adventures as an ethical family tour company we are not asking or requesting any donations to our clients because we do understand that everyone is navigating through these difficult times and need something to be supported, it’s how we are very committed with our clients as well. If our travelers are willing to reschedule their travel dates, that’s more than welcome for us.
How Can You Contact Peru Summit Adventures?
For any questions, or if you wish to speak with one of our representatives, please feel free to contact us through the below channels:
- Phone: + 51 984 464 391
- WhatsApp: + 51 984 464 391
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
We are grateful for your support through this challenging time, and encourage everyone to be kind to one another while we navigate this global crisis.
Carlos Borda R: Explorer, President & Founder of Peru Summit Adventures S.R.L